Confirmed with Link: Kovacevic Traded to the Devils for 2026 4th Round pick (Highest of the three 4th Rounders the Devils own)

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Oh right. He had nothing to do with us not being scored on... despite being the only, basically, full-time player who had a positive +/- over 2 years with a massive amount of defensive zone starts.

Makes sense.
Bro Kovacevic was waiver fodder before we got him, and he's waiver fodder now.

He might be the difference between us finishing 29th and us finishing 28th, but that's about it.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Bro Kovacevic was waiver fodder before we got him, and he's waiver fodder now.

He might be the difference between us finishing 29th and us finishing 28th, but that's about it.
Literally was traded and playing good minutes through 3 games. If you're going to respond to me - stop lying.

****ing again with the Kovacevic?

he was good in his role but like ... come on
You can ignore a thread if you want. Need a tutorial?

• Haha
Reactions: Andrei79 and G0bias

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Imagine complaining about someone posting an opinion on a hockey forum... the same very thing you do.

Let's just hope Struble can get healthy and have a great season at RD while we wait for Mailloux at the latest next year and Reinbacher and Bogdan at the latest in two years.

Reactions: Natey

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Please..

This is the thread right now:
VOsLsq.gif

Just let it die.. it's in agony..

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
Reading this thread I felt nostalgia. I lived in Mazatlan for half a year in the 2000s and I had a habit of eating fresh seafood on the beach.

My go to meal was a Modelo (equivalent to corona) with a shrimp ceviche (as in kovaceviche).

Good times.

Now I'm hungry.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Ya but so was I.
Very true, but you still post quite frequently... I generally disappear for long stretches now.

If you click our post history, 15 pages takes you back about 2 weeks. 15 pages takes me back to the start of July.

But at the end of the day - I'm not here to make people like me, I'm here to post my opinions and debate about the team because I have no other hardcore Habs fans close to me. My dad is a Habs fan, but he doesn't really know any prospects or anything. And that's all I've got.

And to be fair - I'm happier this way. I only have a handful of the likes you do and the notification tab still annoys the shit out of me, lol.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Very true, but you still post quite frequently... I generally disappear for long stretches now.

If you click our post history, 15 pages takes you back about 2 weeks. 15 pages takes me back to the start of July.

But at the end of the day - I'm not here to make people like me, I'm here to post my opinions and debate about the team because I have no other hardcore Habs fans close to me. My dad is a Habs fan, but he doesn't really know any prospects or anything. And that's all I've got.

And to be fair - I'm happier this way. I only have a handful of the likes you do and the notification tab still annoys the shit out of me, lol.

Was only a joke, I don't care at all about likes and would never look at the ratios to determine if it means someone is a good poster or not.

You're a good poster, I think we are 50/50 on things. I never feel like we are always butting heads on everything. We definitely feel differently here about a nothing trade involving a depth player.

Reactions: Natey

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

You were #1 in the brisebois fan club if I recall correctly.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I would argue that Kovacevic had the same amount of brain farts as Guhle, Arber, Struble and the rest of the young D. The difference is fans expectations.

No one expects Kovacevic to be more than a bottom pairing D man. So his errors are glossed over as it being part of his capability.

The young crew doesnt get the same rope because fans expect a high potential, and expect them to reach it fairly quickly.

I am not sure how many times it needs to be said, but it's not very common for D men to be completely reliable in their very early 20s.
I think Kova played a relatively sound defensive game for a 7th dman and might or might not have done less stupid mistakes than the kids. But imo that's beside the point anyway. Like Dvorak he's a very vanilla player and you don't win with vanilla player in your bottoms 6 and 3rd pairing. Kova doesn't hit a lot and when he does he doesn't hit very hard for a big guy. He's quite average at blocking shots. He gives the puck away a lot for a guy who doesn't try anything offensively speaking. There's nothing in his game that separates him from the rest. If you want to win a cup everyone got to have something to offer and i don't see it in Kova like i don't see it in Dvorak. He might have been worth a 3rd at the deadline instead of a 4th but Stuble and Xhekaj got to play. They both hit more and they got to play at the NHL level to improve their defensive play.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I am a fan of Kovacevic's game, and there is some risk of him blossoming into a better than a 4th defenseman. That said, I think KH had to make some tough choices on the back end in the off-season. Trading Kovacevic and Harris was the decision he made. Maybe it'll end up being an imperfect choice, but I think the worst thing he could have done was not make any choice and bring all those D-Men to training camp.

Also Kovacevic will be UFA after this season so if he's a top-4 defenseman, he will likely be paid like one soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad