Confirmed with Link: Kovacevic Traded to the Devils for 2026 4th Round pick (Highest of the three 4th Rounders the Devils own)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
@Habs will be pissed about this trade because it will mean that another soft Smurf will be drafted with that 4th-round pick because 60 percent of the time he's right all the time.

they just had to make room for our super soft smurfs I guess.
Harris... f***

• Haha
Reactions: OldCraig71

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not sure why people look at a 4th round in 2026 as nothing. Wrong for quite a few reasons.

- There could still be nice prospects there
- You still can package that 4th in 2026 to move up in the same 2026 draft.
- For whoever talks about 2025, you STILL can package the same pick for 2025.

Chances are at one point, we will stop being top 5 at picking. We could go back at 20-25. Well if a Kovy trade means that in 2025, or 2026, you could move up in the 1st round from 20 to 15....talk to me how no value it is.

It appears we dont need depth anymorei
Come on man. It's June 30th. Where is it said that we won't make moves for depth.

Reactions: ZUKI and Redux91

Bomatane

Oct 10, 2019
If that was the thinking Hughes would have kept Kovasevic. We have some young RD right around the corner, no need to add more traffic jam.
Habs have the numbers but not the quality. There is no real number one RH defenseman in their system.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Kovacevic is kind of your typical journeyman that you can plug in nicely when needed at the bottom end.

The price is fine, and I suspect he will bounce a few more times before his career is said and done.

Reactions: bopeep

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Not a bad trade in return or timing. Picked him up on waivers and turned it into a 4th. We have Savard, Barron, and Harris that can play the right side, with Mailloux and Reinbacher on the cusp.

Reactions: red devil

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What if....we pick up Boqvist? And hope he gets it going so we can move from him at the deadline and get a 3rd out of it?

If it worked for Kovy....any chance it works with others?

Nate Schmidt? Addison...I mean with his -35...he'll go great in the winter in Montreal...Foote?

Reactions: GrandmaCookie

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
What if....we pick up Boqvist? And hope he gets it going so we can move from him at the deadline and get a 3rd out of it?

If it worked for Kovy....any chance it works with others?

Nate Schmidt? Addison...I mean with his -35...he'll go great in the winter in Montreal...Foote?
As I mentioned earlier, Boqvist is definitely an interesting case. Still only 23 years old, definitely the offensive upside is there, right handed shot defenseman. Would be the kind of project I would bet on, some kind of 1 year show me deal. And I think a couple of other teams will be interested in him at league minimum.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I liked what Kovacevic brought. I'm not blown away by the trade. At the same time, I'm happy Kent Hughes is trading defensemen. This should make it easier for Barron to have a roster spot. It was hard to see a path where both he and Barron made the team in October, and I also don't think either would clear waivers (although we don't know Barron's contract ATM). It is what it is. Can't keep them all.

Reactions: Chili

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I liked what Kovacevic brought. I'm not blown away by the trade. At the same time, I'm happy Kent Hughes is trading defensemen. This should make it easier for Barron to have a roster spot. It was hard to see a path where both he and Barron made the team in October, and I also don't think either would clear waivers (although we don't know Barron's contract ATM). It is what it is. Can't keep them all.
Barron should be shipped out this summer as well. He’s worse than Mailloux at this point, is a year and a half older, and has way less upside. And he seems to be regressing. There’s no way he should be taking a roster spot ahead of Mailloux. Hopefully they trade him while he still has a modicum of value. Mailloux also brings a gritty physical element and toughness that Barron does not.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Barron should be shipped out this summer as well. He’s worse than Mailloux at this point, is a year and a half older, and has way less upside. And he seems to be regressing. There’s no way he should be taking a roster spot ahead of Mailloux. Hopefully they trade him while he still has a modicum of value. Mailloux also brings a gritty physical element and toughness that Barron does not.
I watched them both down the stretch for Laval in the must win games and no Mailloux was not better than Barron.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Why not trade Harris?

What the heck, Kovacevic was good defensively and had a physical presence.
I would have made that choice as well, but if Jersey is interested in Kovacevic, Harris is going nowhere in that deal.

I maintain that Harris isn't worth jock, otherwise he would have been moved already.

Reactions: ghost85875

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I already did, see post #166

My bad, I missed that but the holier than thou crap needs to go if you have seen the troglodyte level responses that I have had to deal with from the tin foil hat gang. I consistently state that I am not special or that I have exceptional insights just that there are way too many post that are well beyond just being uninformed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00