League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I'm not watching NHL these days nearly as much as I've done in the past but, while occasionally stumbling upon ESPN broadcasts through these couple of years, I couldn't shake the feeling I thought I'd never have...man I miss NBC. I miss Doc and Pierre. I don't care who they rooted for and how biased they were - they were hockey guys through and through. Knew their shit and made it entertaining.

These dudes on ESPN make hockey feel like I'm drinking sand in Sahara. Unwatchable shit. I don't know how you spend that much money on hockey rights and deliver such an amateurish product. Their insiders are the slowest cats in the country, CNN breaking trade news on my feed before they do.
The NHL sold it's soul with that deal.
It's an embarrassment. Truly awful.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
nah, they know what they did. It was slipped under NHL related press release after press release....

Trash handling of a trash decision and they deserve criticism for it. It could have been any old time since most coaching/GM spots are well locked up by draft time, this was a blatant attempt to skirt attention.
This. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's PR 101.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
  • Wow
Reactions: Calicaps and um

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Former NHL Executive: 'I Think Joel Quenneville Goes To The Front of The List Of Every Team That Is Looking For A Head Coach'

Where’s my popcorn…
Worked out great when CBJ hired Babcock. I'm sure this will be fine.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad