Brantford Bulldogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Well deserved. When/if his shot develops he will be an absolute force.

Great season!
His entire off season should be spent in the gym and shooting pucks.

Next big date for this organization is the import draft. Very interested to see what the plan is.

Reactions: Rounder8

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Now that we are in to the off season I've had some time to organize my game worn jerseys and some other collectibles.

If anyone has, or knows someone that has, game worns that they are looking to sell, there a few I'm looking for.

Also, if anyone has sets of team issued cards for 16/17 or 15/16, I'd be interested.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Good work by the front office to get their top 3 picks signed. Looking forward to watching them develope.

Rossetto has been a dynamic scorer at every level. Draft listing has him at 5'7.5" and 153 lbs., interested to see how he adapts to guys much bigger and stronger.

Reactions: Rounder8

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Crazy to me, that if this was bothering him all year and needed surgery, that the surgery didn't happen the day after the season ended.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Crazy to me, that if this was bothering him all year and needed surgery, that the surgery didn't happen the day after the season ended.
I said that about frasca. If I recall correctly- his surgery was delayed. Could be same thing for vanacker.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
In Ontario there are wait times for surgery. This is likely the earliest surgery date he could get.

Reactions: Jawk

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
In Ontario there are wait times for surgery. This is likely the earliest surgery date he could get.

There are wait times, but good agents/execs get these kids priority. Testa had surgery and came back fine. It's really the nature of the injury and whether it can heal back to 100%. Some injuries are fine and others you're never the same. Have to wait and see

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
You guys think Patrick thomas will ever be an nhler?
It’s possible. His vision and passing is incredible, but he needs time in the AHL. Someone I’d compare him to is Logan Morrison, of Coachella. Not just because Morrison is a Bulldogs alum, but they both play a similar game.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
How was Owen Protz this year in Brantford? I really liked his game in Sudbury but had no expectations for him to get drafted - especially 4th round!
He looked really good for only being 17. Plays a good two-way game and uses his big body. He fit in pretty well from the moment he arrived. Just a guess, but I’d imagine he got more ice time in Brantford than he did in Sudbury because of the Wolves’ depth, and especially once Hamara and Okitundu got injured (all D were logging more minutes).

I fully expected Protz to get drafted, and figured it would be around rounds 4/5. Good size and he uses it. Likely still growing. Has had noticeable development over the course of a few months and fit in well on the second pairing. Responsible in his own end.

Reactions: NorthernBridge7

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Do you guys still have the rights to Adam Jiricek or did you have to release him because you brought in Sobolev and Hamara?

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
How was Owen Protz this year in Brantford? I really liked his game in Sudbury but had no expectations for him to get drafted - especially 4th round!
He has a natural uncanny ability to get his point shots through traffic. It's amazing how many legs he misses with his shots.

they still have his rights
And now that St. Louis has signed him, it'll be real interesting to see where they would like him to play.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
They take a '07 C. I think this may be more of a look to next year. Have that feeling we will be getting good news regarding the imports in our lineup this year.

Reactions: Canadian Game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad