Brantford Bulldogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
With the Ottawa Senators signing Matthew Andonovski (Kitchener Rangers) I wonder what the chance is of the Bulldogs acquiring him this season.

Andlauer and Staios clearly like keeping the ties between Bulldogs and Sens, which makes sense. They got Hamara from Kitchener last year, who’s a Sens prospect. He was a huge asset to the Bulldogs and the Sens had a hand in his development. Currently Ryan Humphrey, Lucas Moore, and David Egorov are all development camp invites in Ottawa (probably to give them some exposure even if they aren’t signed). Even Andrew Campbell has moved to the AHL Senators, which that role now needs to be filled in Brantford. The Bulldogs/Senators connections are interesting, but I wonder about Andonovski being a trade target, depending on the price and him being available.

Reactions: Helvigster

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
With the Ottawa Senators signing Matthew Andonovski (Kitchener Rangers) I wonder what the chance is of the Bulldogs acquiring him this season.

Andlauer and Staios clearly like keeping the ties between Bulldogs and Sens, which makes sense. They got Hamara from Kitchener last year, who’s a Sens prospect. He was a huge asset to the Bulldogs and the Sens had a hand in his development. Currently Ryan Humphrey, Lucas Moore, and David Egorov are all development camp invites in Ottawa (probably to give them some exposure even if they aren’t signed). Even Andrew Campbell has moved to the AHL Senators, which that role now needs to be filled in Brantford. The Bulldogs/Senators connections are interesting, but I wonder about Andonovski being a trade target, depending on the price and him being available.
Trading history between the Kitchener and Hamilton/Brantford as well. Also management connections. Ando plays a style that the Brantford coaching staff seems to value. Kitchener needs picks and Ando will be available, although likely closer to the deadline as they need him to give the new guys some room to get acclimatized to the O. Wouldn't shock me if some preliminary discussions have already happened.

Reactions: Canadian Game

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Trading history between the Kitchener and Hamilton/Brantford as well. Also management connections. Ando plays a style that the Brantford coaching staff seems to value. Kitchener needs picks and Ando will be available, although likely closer to the deadline as they need him to give the new guys some room to get acclimatized to the O. Wouldn't shock me if some preliminary discussions have already happened.
Everything you said makes total sense. He’d be a good addition, especially with our defence being thin and since (I assume) the Bulldogs plan to make a run this year. Having Andonovski would be a great addition.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
That would be my guess. It will be interesting to see who our OAs are and who gets sent back from training camps in September because we’re going to lose decent players no matter what. Xhekaj, Thomas, Bujold, Lavoie, Rebelo, Hamara (signed), Okitundu.

Unfortunately I don’t see Rebelo and Okitundo returning because of who the Bulldogs will likely be able to keep.

Our biggest needs are a goalie and both top pairing D.

Meanwhile our core forwards are Lardis, Vanacker, and O’Brien.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

The last 2 times you guys have gotten d men from Kitchener it worked out pretty well- why not roll the dice a 3rd time here. xhekaj was a HUGE part of the Hamilton team, Hamara was a big part of your team last year as well. You have no shortage of picks I think you’d be able to get it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad