Confirmed Buy-Out Korpikoski (EDM), Carle (TB), Seidenberg (BOS), Greene (LA), Jackman (NSH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I remember in the Stamkos thread, people said our window of opportunity to buy out Carle was "almost" up.

Well, looks like almost doesn't matter, ya nerd. HAPPY DAYS! $5.5M cleared, and Stamkos signed long term for $8.5M.

lol I said Tampa needed to do something to address their financial concerns

you said they could waive and buyout Carle

i said they needed to act fast because the window was closing

they acted fast, put him on waivers and are looking to buy him out

there is no winner or loser here. we weren't arguing
the window was almost up, and they acted in time

also, for the record, only 3.67 cleared. not 5.5.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
A few years ago I would even said Seids was as good as Chara. That injury he had was nasty and his age with the beating he put himself thru took a toll. He is still good as a bottom pairing guy and never sat last year. Its time to make room for the young guys.

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
Part of me is almost going to miss trying to sneak Carle into every proposal on the trade board.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I just don't understand how players like Matt Greene and Brad Stuart are allowed to be bought out as "healthy". It's pretty convenient that they passed the physical now, after the season...

They've played 9 games combined this year before they had "season ending" injuries.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I just don't understand how players like Matt Greene and Brad Stuart are allowed to be bought out as "healthy". It's pretty convenient that they passed the physical now, after the season...

They've played 9 games combined this year before they had "season ending" injuries.

I'd much rather put him on LTIR. What is your point?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I'd much rather put him on LTIR. What is your point?

Players can't be bought out if they're injured unless they agree to it.

Why would any player agree to it when you are cutting your salary down to 2/3 of what you were going to be paid over double the amount of time?

It's dumb.

Last edited:

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Can he still play bottom pairing minutes? I would like the see the Hawks pick him up if he can play like he used to except against weak competition and limited minutes.

I think Seidenberg on a team like the Hawks that have that established 2-3 top guys on the backend, that just require a few complimentary veterans (ala Oduya, Rosival, etc)....Seids at 1.5-2 mil in a #4/5 Role would end up being a great deal for both parties involved

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
That the Kings are cheaterz even when they buy a guy out completely within reason.

I see you fancy strawmans.

Note that I also included Stuart and said Wisniewski in his thread. If you guys are so triggered by me saying Greene then we will leave him out of it. Stuart and Wisniewski combined for 7 games played this year yet are bought out when they are "healthy".

I just don't see it.

Even though Greene is reportedly advanced in his recovery.

Pretty convenient to have all three guys that were bought out that were injured all year "advanced in their recovery" only AFTER the season ends.

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
I can see Seidenberg signing in Ottawa, it would make sense because we may want to strengthen our bottom pair and he could be perfect with Chris Wideman. If they believe Claesson isn't the right guy, I wouldn't mind Seids on a 1Y/1M deal. Alot of Bruins fans say he isn't horrible but would be better off playing lesser minutes and he has alot of leadership qualities. Seems like something our management would do.

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Seidenberg - Wideman
Borowiecki

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Note that I also included Stuart and said Wisniewski in his thread. If you guys are so triggered by me saying Greene then we will leave him out of it. Stuart and Wisniewski combined for 7 games played this year yet are bought out when they are "healthy".

I just don't see it.

Pretty convenient to have all three guys that were bought out that were injured all year "advanced in their recovery" only AFTER the season ends.

Stuart was close to returning near the end of the season. Avs would've been more than happy to keep him on LTIR, but he was healthy and wanted to play.

You think players who get injured are crippled for the rest of their lives? Stuart got back surgery on Feb 1st. The common recovery time for back surgery is 1-3 months. Try getting some facts before spouting BS next time.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan

I just don't see it.

Greene recovered from his injury and reports indicated that he would be ready to start the season. Not sure I understand your point. If in fact he was injured it would be better for us to put him on injured reserve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad