Confirmed Buy-Out Korpikoski (EDM), Carle (TB), Seidenberg (BOS), Greene (LA), Jackman (NSH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Was surprised at Korpikoski being on that list. Granted I don't see many Oiler games. He doesn't seem like he was not playing up to his contract. Edmonton must be going all in on the "Overpay Lucic sweepstakes" Korpi would be welcome on Minnesota bottom 6 for me. Unless Edmonton knows a secret.

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
Has Seidenberg fallen that far? I thought he was still a serviceable top 4?

What about Boll? Is he decent at hockey, or just a goon?

Yup he's a good bottom pair guy who can be on the PK, but ever since he tore his ACL his skating had a major drop off.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Was surprised at Korpikoski being on that list. Granted I don't see many Oiler games. He doesn't seem like he was not playing up to his contract. Edmonton must be going all in on the "Overpay Lucic sweepstakes" Korpi would be welcome on Minnesota bottom 6 for me. Unless Edmonton knows a secret.

I thought they'd keep him to help Pulj transition.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

Korp is a serviceable 4th liner..but at 2.9M...was still worth trading away Gordon though.

removal of Korp opens the door for one of Cagguila or Khaira to challenge for the 4LW spot.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

He can fight but that's about it. He's now too slow to do much of anything in the NHL.

It's a shame because he's such a good character guy and a hard worker. Always had that glimmer of "maybe he can become a power forward" but wasn't really able to capitalize on it.

I see him being on a coaching staff sooner rather than later. Excellent strength and conditioning guy. Could maybe scout. Could work his way up to coaching.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Korpikoski isn't good and certainly isn't worth what he was being paid but I thought we would just ride it out rather than eat a cap hit next season.

Can only assume Chia wants to do something with that money.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Has Seidenberg dropped off that badly? I mean, I know he is overpaid, but I wasn't expecting a buyout.

He wasn't overpaid when he signed that deal. He was underpaid but that didn't last and age and especially injuries have really caught up to him.

Boston is desperate for NHL top 4 D, that should really tell you something there. By the end of the season he was a healthy scratch over every D the Bruins have.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Has Seidenberg fallen that far? I thought he was still a serviceable top 4?

Nooo. #5 guy at best. He was an absolute horse for us between 2010 and ~2014, but he tore his ACL and has not been the same since. His skating is horrible and he's been making defensive mistakes that he's never made before. He's still an NHL defenseman and I hope he finds a team, but he was WAY overpaid. We wouldn't be able to trade him without retaining at least $2m, and giving up something of value. It's for the ebst.

Tavares91Stamkos91

Oct 2, 2013
Vancouver

I'm surprised about Korpi too only because Puljujarvi needs somebody to talk to seeing that his English is a work in progress. However, they do have Pakarinen who is also finnish so... Other than that, Korpi is not a great player.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Korp is a serviceable 4th liner..but at 2.9M...was still worth trading away Gordon though.

removal of Korp opens the door for one of Cagguila or Khaira to challenge for the 4LW spot.
Okay fair enough, that makes sense. There is always a plan. I was thinking he was playing more a 3rd line/PK forward role.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Has Seidenberg dropped off that badly? I mean, I know he is overpaid, but I wasn't expecting a buyout.

He's not garbage but he's not what he used to be and to be honest they did the right thing, his play didn't warrant taking a spot from one of the kids when it's painfully obvious he's no longer in any future plans

Wease

Apr 14, 2007
Powell, OH

Boll is terrible and easily the worst Blue Jacket. Can't skate fast, can't pass, all he can do is fight. And he's barely average at that. Nice guy and long time Blue Jacket, but this had to happen. He doesn't have an NHL skill set anymore.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
For TB, this is probably better news than the Stamkos signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad