Confirmed Buy-Out Korpikoski (EDM), Carle (TB), Seidenberg (BOS), Greene (LA), Jackman (NSH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
Really glad that Sweeneely and CO. sacked up and made the difficult move here. Seidenberg was loved and respected by all in Boston but man did that 4M cap hit suck. Can still stick around as a 3rd pair mentor for some younger guys. Would like him around 1.75-2M but nothing more.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
He's not garbage but he's not what he used to be and to be honest they did the right thing, his play didn't warrant taking a spot from one of the kids when it's painfully obvious he's no longer in any future plans

Can he still play bottom pairing minutes? I would like the see the Hawks pick him up if he can play like he used to except against weak competition and limited minutes.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
If Boston and Tampa were so into buyouts, they should've traded for Niemi. They could have their buyout, Dallas could sit on either Seidenberg or Carle and also have room for a new guy in net.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Sides seems like he would be a decent fit in Toronto as a 5 or 6 and to help mentor some of the kids. Only after the buy out though.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
He wasn't overpaid when he signed that deal. He was underpaid but that didn't last and age and especially injuries have really caught up to him.

Boston is desperate for NHL top 4 D, that should really tell you something there. By the end of the season he was a healthy scratch over every D the Bruins have.

Probably time for Seids to go. Thanks for everything -- you were a warrior.

However, it is really important to note that the bolded in the nmbr_24's post is incorrect. Not true.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
yesjacknicholson.gif

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
That's step 1 for TB. TB HAS to now focus on trying to get rid of one of Filppula or Callahan. Not even for salary purposes, but having to protect those two over some of the young guys on the team is going to put them in a real tough spot.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
That's step 1 for TB. TB HAS to now focus on trying to get rid of one of Filppula or Callahan. Not even for salary purposes, but having to protect those two over some of the young guys on the team is going to put them in a real tough spot.

Part of the problem with moving them would be many of the prospective trade partners could be in the same boat of not wanting to have to protect them either.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Part of the problem with moving them would be many of the prospective trade partners could be in the same boat of not wanting to have to protect them either.

They wouldn't have to - if Filppula waived to go to a new team that team wouldn't have to honor his NMC.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
I remember in the Stamkos thread, people said our window of opportunity to buy out Carle was "almost" up.

Well, looks like almost doesn't matter, ya nerd. HAPPY DAYS! $5.5M cleared, and Stamkos signed long term for $8.5M.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What would Seidenberg and Greenes new contracts look like??

I would imagine Greene will be a bargain signing because he's a reclamation project at this point with all the injuries.

I hope he lands somewhere because he's a total warrior and I'd like to see him go out on his own terms. I think he's got some hockey left in him. But make no mistake, he's just a veteran PKing punishing #6.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Well, looks like almost doesn't matter, ya nerd. HAPPY DAYS! $5.5M cleared, and Stamkos signed long term for $8.5M.

Your cap hit for Carle is 1.8 mil for the next 4 years (instead of the previous 5.5 for 2)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad