Prospect Info: Konsta Helenius, RC, Jukurit (Liiga) - 14th Overall, 2024: Signed to ELC

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
Habs fan here, i would like to congrat you guys for picking Helenius that late, he was my 4th ranked foward after Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom and was easily one of my favorite players in the draft. This kid has an insane motor over 200 ft., initiates contacts and wins most of his puck battles against growth men, he is gritty, slippery, competes hard every shifts and of course, his hockey IQ that is off the chart.

You got a little warrior who will contributes on the scoresheet, but also in many areas of the game, he is a beauty on and off the puck. He is a natural center with 70 pts potential IMO, maybe 80.

I had him to the Habs at 5 OV in the eventuality Demidov and Lindstrom were off the board, fortunately for us, Demidov dropped.

Helenius will make alot of GMs look really bad, you can trust me on that.

Edit: In Bobby Mackenzie's final ranking, out of 10 NHL scouts he polled, 2 of them had Helenius top 3 and 3 others had him top 7.
He reminds me a lot of young Sebastian Aho with maybe a bit better shot/goal scorers instinct and a little worse skating.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Love it. SHL with Jokinen was probably my first choice, but I didn't want him locking in a third season of Liiga's style of play.

I like the idea of our top prospects all competing and pushing each other as teammates. There should be no surprises when any of them starts to nose out in front and seizes NHL time.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Is there enough spots in Rochester? they also need some dirty vets to protect the prospects given how this league is run.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is there enough spots in Rochester? they also need some dirty vets to protect the prospects given how this league is run.

They're going to yet again be small and lack pushback while most of their division will not be. They have 5 players on their roster at the moment who are 6'3" or taller (Novikov, Komarov, Dunne, Cheveldayoff and Murray) while Hershey has 10, Toronto has 11, Laval has 8 (okay, 3 are goalies), Belleville has 8...

And there aren't exactly many guys on the Amerks to throw hands when things get dirty. The book is run them and either they break down or they can't push back.

Hopefully Helenius will offer up someone's teeth on the shaft of his stick the first time someone tries to f*** with him.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Hopefully Helenius will offer up someone's teeth on the shaft of his stick the first time someone tries to f*** with him.

We know he likes to crosscheck, at least lol

Love it. SHL with Jokinen was probably my first choice, but I didn't want him locking in a third season of Liiga's style of play.

I like the idea of our top prospects all competing and pushing each other as teammates. There should be no surprises when any of them starts to nose out in front and seizes NHL time.

The second part is my hope as well. Add another high end, high compete guy to mesh and push the group along.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I doubt it considering they’ve been shoehorning him there all last year.
But then who? Ostlund is a natural center, as is Helenius. There are probably some other guys in Rochester who can be centers. We have too many prospects and not enough room for everyone right now. If Helenius is going to play bottom 6 in the AHL but could play top 6 in the Finnish league, I'm not sure what the best development is for him.

Reactions: allsilverdreams

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
If we look to them using Ostlund last year... that was at LW.
Maybe they were putting Kulich there to shore up his defensive game hoping it’ll show up when he moves to wing? Idk - them not putting Ostlund at center definitely is a cause for concern.

Have to think Helenius is definitely a center day 1

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
That's step 1 to Olli Jokinen being right.

He said he will play in the NHL this coming season.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
But then who? Ostlund is a natural center, as is Helenius. There are probably some other guys in Rochester who can be centers. We have too many prospects and not enough room for everyone right now. If Helenius is going to play bottom 6 in the AHL but could play top 6 in the Finnish league, I'm not sure what the best development is for him.
I think he ends up as 2c who his wingers are will be the question maybe wahlberg and neuchev or kiskakov?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad