Value of: Konecny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Curious what Philly fans think is fair value for Konecny.

The Blues have 2 later 1st round picks that could be in play. I have no idea if Army has any interest of course but Konecny checks the box of a top 6 need. It would be more beneficial if he could play center but meh.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
He cant play C.
He is not coming back for Tor and Dal late 1sts.
If Blues end up at 10, you have a shot if Danny B decides to tear it down.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Interesting comp is the BSchenn deal. He was 26 just like TK. At the time they knew the 1st pick (Frost) was 27th. Got lucky when the next year’s 1st pick (Farabee) was 14th. Philly had to take Lehtera’s salary for 2 yrs.

2 known late picks seems low but 8th + prospect seems high.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016

The Blues have 2 later 1st round picks that could be in play. I have no idea if Army has any interest of course but Konecny checks the box of a top 6 need. It would be more beneficial if he could play center but meh.
Travis Konecny is strictly a RWer as he was drafted as a center but isn’t a center in the NHL.

Konecny led the Flyers in Goal and Points despite playing in only 60 games.

It would be a difficult decision to trade Konecny, as he brings fire when he plays the game, it’s definitely a decision to ponder over from Philly’s POV as trading TK for two additional late 1st round picks in a deep 2023 draft would kickoff the rebuild quite nicely for the Flyers.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Interesting comp is the BSchenn deal. He was 26 just like TK. At the time they knew the 1st pick (Frost) was 27th. Got lucky when the next year’s 1st pick (Farabee) was 14th. Philly had to take Lehtera’s salary for 2 yrs.

2 known late picks seems low but 8th + prospect seems high.
8th and 28th or whatever the lowest of the other two picks would work. Flyers would be wanting to go young

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
8th and 28th or whatever the lowest of the other two picks would work. Flyers would be wanting to go young

I’m not sure where the 8th pick is coming into the discussion. The Blues pick is currently 10th before the lottery happens tomorrow.

It’s hard for me to gauge Konecny’s true value but I have a feeling Army wouldn’t part with 10th overall pick in a deal.

Travis Konecny is strictly a RWer as he was drafted as a center but isn’t a center in the NHL.

Konecny led the Flyers in Goal and Points despite playing in only 60 games.

It would be a difficult decision to trade Konecny, as he brings fire when he plays the game, it’s definitely a decision to ponder over from Philly’s POV as trading TK for two additional late 1st round picks in a deep 2023 draft would kickoff the rebuild quite nicely for the Flyers.

I’m aware Konecny is a winger. I saw Briere’s acknowledgment that Philly is officially in a rebuild but it wouldn’t be a fire sale. O’Connor wrote an article in The Athletic stating Privorov, Hayes, and begrudgingly Konecny should be traded.

If Konecny was traded in final year of his contract, at the TDL, I think most would say value is a 1st + something. Maybe the + is a B prospect? Does the extra year warrant an additional first? I think that’s probably fair.

Who knows what Army and Briere think? I highly doubt the 10th overall pick is in play. Incredibly Army has never had a daft pick in the top 10. He mentioned recently something to the effect it would be a small miracle if he wasn’t on stage handing out a jersey with that pick.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

flyers fans think he’s worth sun, moon, and stars. He’s 27 for next year And 2 yrs to UFA.

hes not cost what Debrincat returned. He’s 4 yrs older.
it can be done using one of DAL/TOR pick+2nd in 24+ prospect Without retention. At 50% would cost more.

STL would be utterly stupid to move their pick for any non ELCcplayer.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
flyers fans think he’s worth sun, moon, and stars. He’s 27 for next year And 2 yrs to UFA.

it can be done using one of DAL/TOR pick+2nd in 24+ prospect Without retention. At 50% would cost more.

Most of us tend to overvalue our team’s players.

He’ll be 27 next March. Army has publicly talked about wanting players in that age range.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Konecny doesn’t fit the bill of what the Blues need. An undersized winger is the one thing they don’t need.

If they’re trading ANY of their 1sts, it should be for a center or d-man.

And no, Konecny isn’t even close to being worth a top 10 pick so anyone who asks for that can put down the pipe.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

Super late 1st and a 2nd is a laughable offer that would get hung up on

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

The thing is, what makes sense for STL with their own 1st @ 10th doesn't really help Philly get value that makes sense for them for Konecny. His value doesn't go down just because it doesn't make sense for the Blues to move their pick for a non-ELC player.

There are surely teams out there who would blow that kind of offer out of the water. Even both of Blues late firsts from DAL/TOR is verging on a "quantity for quality" sort of deal that i'm not sure makes sense for the Flyers.

Reactions: hn777 and FlyguyOX

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
The thing is, what makes sense for STL with their own 1st @ 10th doesn't really help Philly get value that makes sense for them for Konecny. His value doesn't go down just because it doesn't make sense for the Blues to move their pick for a non-ELC player.

There are surely teams out there who would blow that kind of offer out of the water. Even both of Blues late firsts from DAL/TOR is verging on a "quantity for quality" sort of deal that i'm not sure makes sense for the Flyers.
I feel quantity for quality could be working for Philly. They keep their quality young guys in Gauthier and this years’ 1st and add players who could turn out in Foerster-type.

Need to keep adding to the under 25 group. You do that by trading some 26ish + guys. Konecny is best asset.

614 CBJ

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2022
Raleigh, NC
He just turned 26

He's their best player by a mile

200 foot player

Why would they consider trading him unless someone wants to be a fool?

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
He just turned 26

200 foot player

If the Flyers are rebuilding hes their most valuable asset and trading him would help them finish lower in the standings. Unless the stars align I have a hard time seeing the Flyers being competitive till TK is 30 or older

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Logan Stanley? But why? I’d hope another team could beat that offer. In another thread a jets fan proposed 1st and Heinola which I’d be cool with. I’d hope to trade TK for a 1st and a good prospect
Agreed… Stanley doesn’t move the needle… I’d easily do 1st + Heinola… even add a small plus/bottom 6 guy like Appleton if needed

Jets 2024 1st and Samberg, maybe.
Sorry… Samberg is not moving

Last edited:

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
He just turned 26

200 foot player

~rebuilding~

RW is also the only position of strength in the organization. they've got Tippett, Brink, and Foerster all behind him, and all likely to be top-6 RWs in the NHL for a long time.

I love TK, but to rebuild correctly it doesn't make sense to be sentimental about one of your few good assets. though if the Flyers win the lotto tonight he'll be staying put, I'd think.

Reactions: BillDineen

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL

Blues need to rebuild and not retool. Get use to blues losing. Draft and build up from bottom up.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
An extended Debrincat + D prospect other than Klevin for Konecny and Laughton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad