Confirmed with Link: Klim Kostin and Kailer Yamamoto to Detroit for future considerations

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Kubalik-Larkin-Rsymond
Yamamoto-Copp-Perron
Berggren-Rasmussen-Fabbri
Kostin-Kasper-Zadina

Good God that is terrible.
Can we wait for FA to happen. And you forgot Veleno, who uninspiring to some, played the 4th line center role last year. Ras is going to play wing, I also believe that if Kasper makes the team, he plays a wing role next to Copp

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
If that's the case I'd rather keep Kasper in Grand Rapids for the full shit show of a season we're expecting. That roster is so gross.

I can just imagine Larkin feeling like he was duped into believing Detroit was going to actually provide him with good linemates after signing his contract, then seeing all his buddies traded, Yzerman going to the bottom of the bargain bin for scraps when better players went for nothing earlier in the week, and then the piece de resistance is selecting high-bust low-potential players.
Wow, you are really down today. Is it the new profile pic?

Kubalik-Larkin-Rsymond
Yamamoto-Copp-Perron
Berggren-Rasmussen-Fabbri
Kostin-Kasper-Zadina

Good God that is terrible.
I think we’re forgetting, that more or less this lineup was in the playoff hunt until February. Even without Bert most of the yr. Then they fell apart against OTT, then they got injured and fell aparter (thank god). I think it’s totally possible that we end up at pick 15 next year with this roster. And that is the problem. We are in the twilight. I get that Stevie also has to consider the business side and not let his young players get pummeled to death. But this was the yr in which tanking would’ve been the play.

BTW: Is the next draft class considered excellent as well? I only know of Celebrini so far.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Explain the thought process that gumming up the roster with cap dumps makes it more likely that we acquire better players?
If Ottawa's asking for Berggren+Zadina for DeBrincat, that's at minimum 1 roster spot that opens up and needs to be plugged.
Also Kostin isn't a cap dump.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
The biggest need on the current roster is first line scoring. This trade may end up complimentary to that, but it does nothing to address the need itself.
Agreed. Why not just call Kenny and point-blank ask him what he wants for Draisaitl?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
kostin sunny replacement

Kubalik Larkin Raymond
Ras Copp Perron
Berggren Kasper Fabbri
Kostin Veleno Zadina
Mazur/Yam

i’d do wings first. boston will be ass next year

Boston will be better than Detroit and their pick is top 10 protected.

That Detroit pick will be top 6 in next year's draft. Boston's goes between 14 and 22 is my guess.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Kostin is a fantastic third/fourth line winger, brings grit, a big body and he is funny as well.
Yamamoto it depends, he was invisible last year but relatively good the years prior.

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
Boston will be better than Detroit and their pick is top 10 protected.

That Detroit pick will be top 6 in next year's draft. Boston's goes between 14 and 22 is my guess.
you think wings will be worse than last year?

Ana
Chi
Sjs
Philly
Cgy
Wpg
zona

will all be way worse imo then there’s a cluster of the middle pack where who know what happens

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
kostin sunny replacement

Kubalik Larkin Raymond
Ras Copp Perron
Berggren Kasper Fabbri
Kostin Veleno Zadina
Mazur/Yam

i’d do wings first. boston will be ass next year
Boston isn't going from best record ever to missing the playoffs. The core is still there.

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
Boston isn't going from best record ever to missing the playoffs. The core is still there.
Hall and foligno is gone. Frederic’s gone. Bergeron and Krejic could both retire. Pasta had a career year. Might trade Ullmark. Bertuzzi may go elsewhere.. Things could get ugly fast in Beantown

Reactions: Murmansk16A

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad