Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
I'm not sure if the Rangers want to bring Edwards up to the SOO to backup Schaubel, but if they do that then they can dress all 3 OA forwards, before they would have to sit one again on Saturday when Parsons would start.
The only reason I think that they would start Schaubel on Friday is that SSM is a weaker team than Saginaw would be. Obviously you want Schaubel to get great experience this year but if you can protect him by being choosy about what games he plays then I think you should. It would also allow the team to dress all 3 OA's this weekend for at least 1 game.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Anyone else get the feeling it’s going to be Pug released and they keep the other 3 OAs for the season? I just feel 2 (maybe 3) games of playoffs mean more than getting picks to this organization which imo if you want to contend for a mem cup in 2 years is a horrible mistake. You trade Swick and Ando imo the difference is maybe 3 playoff games instead of 2. We are losing in the first round if we just keep everyone. Just have the bad feeling MM wants to be somewhat competitive every year. This would be a huge problem in 2 years when we need to add a couple vets to really give the team the best chance at winning and we don’t have enough picks.

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
Anyone else get the feeling it’s going to be Pug released and they keep the other 3 OAs for the season? I just feel 2 (maybe 3) games of playoffs mean more than getting picks to this organization which imo if you want to contend for a mem cup in 2 years is a horrible mistake. You trade Swick and Ando imo the difference is maybe 3 playoff games instead of 2. We are losing in the first round if we just keep everyone. Just have the bad feeling MM wants to be somewhat competitive every year. This would be a huge problem in 2 years when we need to add a couple vets to really give the team the best chance at winning and we don’t have enough picks.
There is a reason you have that feeling!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad