Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023
This year won’t be about winning. It’ll be about the development of the young players and what we get for our vets in trade.

On a vet instigating with a rookie:

After a clean Bilecki hit, the much bigger (6’6” 226lbs) and older (‘05 born) Winegard was in the process of jumping the much smaller (6’1” 165lbs) and younger (‘08 born) if not for Bottineau intercepting him.

So there’s that.
That is why I asked why Ando was fighting a rookie. If the kid did something, or was chirping everyone, then he has it coming. If not, a 19 year old shouldn’t be instigating against a 16 year old, regardless of size.
We would have the same reaction if Wonegard had jumped Bilecki.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Might have simply been chirping in a blowout. The kid could have said the wrong thing. Andonovski sends a message.

I mean, when you have the Windsor players in the box doing the YMCA, yucking it up, tempers will flare.
Ya, if they were doing the YMCA thing in the box.......that's a bit much ( alot too much lol) and disrespects the game.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
If I’m the Rangers, I appeal the Dirracolo fight.

Without the benefit of replay, I’d make the argument he was instigated upon. If memory serves, it wasn’t a jumping, but Lemieux tried to get the jump on him. I’d argue Dirracolo didn’t have a choice.
Gloves drop in unison.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
If you want a soft Spott team, keep re litigating Ando and Dirracolo's fight lol. If they had just let everyone fill the net 12 times with 0 pushback, everyone would be complaining about that imo. Ando is likely getting traded so I don't care if he goes over the fight limit for us, even if that means sitting a few of the games he has left with us.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If you want a soft Spott team, keep re litigating Ando and Dirracolo's fight lol. If they had just let everyone fill the net 12 times with 0 pushback, everyone would be complaining about that imo. Ando is likely getting traded so I don't care if he goes over the fight limit for us, even if that means sitting a few of the games he has left with us.
The last thing we need here is a soft Spott team. “We’ll get them on the PowerPlay” was his mantra and it did not work. He stood around with a dumb look on his face in the post season when penalties were not called and we were ran out of rinks, exiting post seasons early.

The last Ranger team that had a true shot at a championship was the 17–18 team. That team was incredibly tough. MM needs to get back to that and in my opinion, has begun the process.

You’re exactly right on Andonovski and his fight totals, etc. He is wearing the C for a reason. Part of his leadership is to show the young players that it’s not OK to roll over and accept a lopsided score against. So, I don’t really know exactly how that fight started and don’t much care. But if I’m Andonovski, and I’m out there looking for a reason to send a message, I may be looking for the next Spit who directs as much as a snear or laugh my way. I don’t care who it is, he is getting it.

Years ago, when PD was brought here, his first order of business was to bring in a leader. He brought in Nick Policelli. By putting the C on his chest, he was sending the message to his teammates and around the league the type of team he was going to run here in Kitchener. I equate that to today’s captaincy. Policelli knew when to send a message as well. One game over in Guelph during a stoppage and scrum, Daniel Paille gave him a slash on the back of the leg. Wasn’t a major slash, but still, Policelli felt there was a message to be sent. Needless to say, after the pummelling, Daniel Paille never slashed him again.

Hey, as has been said before by myself and others, we’re not looking for a goon team out there. But what we are looking for is a team that is willing and very able to stand up for itself, that is going to be able to withstand the rigours of the long playoff runs that are in our future down the road.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
I may be looking for the next Spit who directs as much as a snear or laugh my way. I don’t care who it is, he is getting it.
If the kid did something, or was chirping everyone, then he has it coming.
Ellinas dumps Nesbitt, Nesbitt stays down seeking a (slew?) call, Belchetz then approaches Ando, stick bumps him twice and gets in Ando's face which immediately draws punches. Belchetz only drops one glove.

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Ellinas dumps Nesbitt, Nesbitt stays down seeking a (slew?) call, Belchetz then approaches Ando, stick bumps him twice and gets in Ando's face which immediately draws punches. Belchetz only drops one glove.
View attachment 911019
This certainly wasn’t a vet picking on an unsuspecting young rookie type of instigation. Seems like Belchetz had a part in it. Maybe he bumped Andonovski thinking it was he who dumped Nesbitt?

Reactions: K2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad