Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Not a horrible effort. Erie is a much older team. We are going to lose against those types of teams 75% of the time this year.

Stark - I don’t want to see on D. He had a solid game.

Cameron - Love the intensity. Will be a pain to play against when he is 18/19.

Arquette - Good game

Belicki - he will be our best 2008 play mem cup year…not a doubt in my mind.

OAs - we had only Parsons after the 1st.

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
Is Macneil sick as well? He wasn't out for the introductions either.

Love that Stark was originally listed as a defenceman, played forward and both special teams. Was arguably their best forward tonight.

Third goal was a turnover by Schneider, possibly on a miscommunication with Cameron. That stuff happens with young players.

I think Romano and Lam are learning that offense is more difficult when the defence is keying on you. They will get better because of the extra attention.

Man, is Reid ever a smooth skater.

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
Pugliese, Misaljevic , and Labrash were under the weather.
Under the weather?
A flu bug ripped through half the team! Hopefully the worst is behind them. All things considered, it wasnt too disappointing. However some very selfish penalties in the offensive zone cost us 2 goals. Power play is still hindering us as we couldn't score on a major penalty? And gave up a shorty?
I don't think Erie was quite themselves either. Did anyone notice Schaefer?

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
FLU BUG will affect the Rangers all weekend. Explains lack luster first period but I have to say that the boys picked up in the 2nd and kept it up in the 3rd where they scored two goals (Arquette launched a cruise missile). It it wasn't for Weston Cameron's penalty shortly after, they might have staged a comeback BUT wasn't meant to be.

I have to point out that the 3rd goal against Kitchener was a total fluke. The puck somehow got in behind Parsons and did not cross the line. Parsons backed into his net as he searched for where it was. Of course, his skate pushed it in. Eugh.

I thought Vermeulen fit in nicely and considering his lack of time with the team. He stepped up immediately when Henry landed a head check (only 2 minutes for this....really?) but Henry wouldn't engage and retreated towards his bench. Not to worry, later in the game, Ando laid a big time legal check on Henry and knocked his to the ice. Message sent.

Actually, there were quite a few nice hits handed out during the game - something I haven't seen for quite a while. One thing is for sure. This young Rangers team will not be bullied.

Speaking of bullies, did you hear about London paying $500 to get Ryder Boulton back early only to get demolished by Flint 7 to 4. Karma.

In the post game interview, Jussi was not pleased and held them accountable despite the flu. I like his no excuses mentality.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Under the weather?
A flu bug ripped through half the team! Hopefully the worst is behind them. All things considered, it wasnt too disappointing. However some very selfish penalties in the offensive zone cost us 2 goals. Power play is still hindering us as we couldn't score on a major penalty? And gave up a shorty?
I don't think Erie was quite themselves either. Did anyone notice Schaefer?
Out with mono

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Speaking of bullies, did you hear about London paying $500 to get Ryder Boulton back early only to get demolished by Flint 7 to 4. Karma.
1. $500 to London 🤣🤣🤣
2. This is a continuation of exhibition. A lot of players are still in pro camps
3. Even in a season where we aren't competing for the same turf as London they are rent free in our heads

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
Not a horrible effort. Erie is a much older team. We are going to lose against those types of teams 75% of the time this year.

Stark - I don’t want to see on D. He had a solid game.

Cameron - Love the intensity. Will be a pain to play against when he is 18/19.

Arquette - Good game

Belicki - he will be our best 2008 play mem cup year…not a doubt in my mind.

OAs - we had only Parsons after the 1st.
First game. A little early for the "best" 2008 to support an M Cup rant don't you think? A couple 08s haven't even played a real game yet.

Reactions: rangersblues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad