Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
I know we are going into a rebuilding year and this will hopefully restock our cupboard but I was looking forward to seeing him play here for at least half the season and having him go back to the World Juniors as a Ranger.
I guess on the bright side I think with your coaching the team will be exciting to watch and will battle for every game.
With MM getting to work early on the base of a rebuild you maybe insure a bit against accidentally contending like last year. Get to work on that Memorial Cup bid and team...

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I know we are going into a rebuilding year and this will hopefully restock our cupboard but I was looking forward to seeing him play here for at least half the season and having him go back to the World Juniors as a Ranger.
Maybe MM didn’t want to risk injury, risk a regression, or risk the team having a good start.

This deal at time tells me we are tearing it right down to the wood. Top four pick next spring?

O’Donnell coming to Kit? Or just picks
Brampton, not Brantford

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Maybe MM didn’t want to risk injury, risk a regression, or risk the team having a good start.

This deal at time tells me we are tearing it right down to the wood. Top four pick next spring?

Brampton, not Brantford
I 100% get it and it's the safe play, but it sucks for the average fan I guess. Totally worth it if the return is great and it helps us win in the coming years cause this year was a write-off.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Brampton, not Brantford
Ohhhh

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I 100% get it and it's the safe play, but it sucks for the average fan I guess. Totally worth it if the return is great and it helps us win in the coming years cause this year was a write-off.
Should at least be 4 x 2nds, 4 x 3rds for the full season of Rehkopf in a picks only deal?

And most of the picks in the next two drafts.

ZTKL

Jan 8, 2018
Ten total picks, would've been nice to get a first round player back buuut that's still a pretty solid haul
  • 2nd Round: 2025 (PBO), 2026 (GUE), 2027 (BRAM)
  • 3rd Round: 2025 (KIT), 2025 (PBO), 2028 (BRAM)
  • 4th Round: 2025 (LDN), 2026 (PBO), 2027 (BRAM)
  • 7th Round: 2026 (BRAM)

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ten total picks, would've been nice to get a first round player back buuut that's still a pretty solid haul

Looks like a carbon copy of the Mintyukov deal to Ottawa

Reactions: LDN

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Two years ago, we acquired half a season of Francesco Arcuri, not near the player Rehkopf is, for two seconds and three 3rds. So in comparison, a full season of Rehkopf, is worth a 2nd, and three 4ths.

Ouch!

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Who knows, maybe Brampton's first rounder from this year will be coming over in two part deal after Christmas.
Now that would spice it up. But we’d have to pick up a few more picks to make that possible. Those picks we acquired todsy cannot go back to Brampton in a two parter.

Reactions: rangersblues

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
10 picks coming back is definitely a good haul and helps refill the cupboard for the team. 3 each of 2nds, 3rds and 4ths is a great return for Rehkopf.

Funny enough with a conversation I was apart of the other day... sure is interesting the team they dealt Rehkopf to is one with a pending "defected player" likely coming up in a month at the start of training camp.

Sure you want a 2008-born 1st back, but the timing of trading Rehkopf now (vs. January) and the trading partner is interesting for sure.

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023
I wonder if Mike didn't want to find himself in the same situation he did last year where the team out preformed itself into "contention" last year.
Why. Does MM not have a great memory? Hard to forget getting slammed by LK in round two.
Nice return in QUANTITY of picks. A little less so for QUALITY. Prior to host year, we don’t have all that much to build a winner. I know some of you are going to say we can trade those for mature assets, but you need a willing dance partner to make that work. My grade for the GM on this is a C+.

• Wow
Reactions: Millpond

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Why. Does MM not have a great memory? Hard to forget getting slammed by LK in round two.
Nice return in QUANTITY of picks. A little less so for QUALITY. Prior to host year, we don’t have all that much to build a winner. I know some of you are going to say we can trade those for mature assets, but you need a willing dance partner to make that work. My grade for the GM on this is a C+.
If you can get 3 2nd round picks and 3 3rd round picks including 4 other total picks then there is no way that this isn't quality of picks and quantity. No way is this a C+ either, if you want to give it a B fine but this isn't a C+ return.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kitchener probably wants to load up on picks this year mainly cause they want to host the m cup in 2026.

I predict full scale rebuild this year.

Knew Rehkopf would be traded but didn’t think it would be this early or without the 08. Some of these picks will prob be impact or good depth players by the time the m cup comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad