Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
5th round 2024 pick G Jason Schaubel has signed. Very early but for Mem cup year a 19 year old Edwards and this kid could make a very solid tandem. Little short at 5’11” for a goalie but hopefully grows a couple more inches. Good signing.
No doubt as far as height goes, they look at the parents. I remember the Rangers had no issue drafting Kadri, who was very light in his OHL draft year, after seeing his dad. Not really tall, but blocky and thick.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Schaubel had a bchl commit?
Sherwood park
IMG_7226.jpeg

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023
No doubt as far as height goes, they look at the parents. I remember the Rangers had no issue drafting Kadri, who was very light in his OHL draft year, after seeing his dad. Not really tall, but blocky and thick.
BUT, also drafted Elijah Robert’s, hoping he would grow to be close to his Dad’s 6’3” frame. So you can never be sure. 🤞

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Well, they list him as 6 feet. Hopefully he tacks on another couple inches.

I suppose he could play in the BCHL this year even after signing here? Instead of us placing him in JrB and hoping he gets max games played.

What’s the goalie situation at Sherwood Park? Will he get adequate minutes there or do they have a vet #1?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

I suppose he could play in the BCHL this year even after signing here? Instead of us placing him in JrB and hoping he gets max games played.

What’s the goalie situation at Sherwood Park? Will he get adequate minutes there or do they have a vet #1?
no idea, who would be the rangers 3rd goalie? not that they need one im sure they can find a rent a goalie jr b guy in a pinch.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Both their goalies from this past season are set to be freshman in the NCAA for 24-25. So at worst he could be the pack up.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Difelice is mentioned as in the system in Josh browns article. Play 2 games last year in JR A. Emergency 3rd goalie?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
correct me if im wrong, but was he not kicked off the team?
I’m not sure if he was actually kicked off the team. But it was “all of a sudden” or “out of the blue” that it was said that he and the team parted ways or something of that effect.

I don’t recall a mention of him after by the team.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I’m not sure if he was actually kicked off the team. But it was “all of a sudden” or “out of the blue” that it was said that he and the team parted ways or something of that effect.

I don’t recall a mention of him after by the team.
i dont want to comment on specifics but i dont think they did it on a whim. what the level of the issue is, if there even is one, i have no idea

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
i dont want to comment on specifics but i dont think they did it on a whim. what the level of the issue is, if there even is one, i have no idea
Agree. But I’m saying that “out of the blue” was as far as the fans were concerned. It was a curious eye raiser at the time.

And, if DiFelice was “in the system” as JB says, you’d think he’d have been at the last rookie camp. He was not.

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Agree. But I’m saying that “out of the blue” was as far as the fans were concerned. It was a curious eye raiser at the time.

And, if DiFelice was “in the system” as JB says, you’d think he’d have been at the last rookie camp. He was not.
Agee, the out of the blue thing is right and speaks to whatever it was, they seem to have closed the door. doesn’t seem like a minor run of the mill discipline issue

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017

At the time he left, there was a brief statement that Luca wanted to stay closer to home. No reason given. Have to wonder if it's a personal, family thing. Prior to that, he was signed and eager to play. This is not the first time that JB has mentioned him in the goalie pool.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
CHL is moving away from the traditional prospects game and creating a CHL vs NTDP. Reid will likely be representing Kitchener.
We’ll see. Going to the new format means half the number of CHL players involved. IIRC, there’s supposed to be two games which should mean a few more CHLers, but unlikely the same amount as in the past.

Reid should be there but no guarantee.

Reactions: Habsrule
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad