Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I had to check twice to make sure I was on the right thread. :towel:

Now, how about those Kitchener Rangers?

If two Imports are selected on July 3rd, does that indicate that Pobezal is not coming over to join the team?

Will we see a few players moved out before training camp?

Have we seen the last of Xu and will he be happy in Sioux Falls?

Will the price of fries at the Aud increase from $7 to $9?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
If two Imports are selected on July 3rd, does that indicate that Pobezal is not coming over to join the team?
Probably, but if he happens to get selected in the first round in the NHL draft then Kitchener can still make 2 selections and protect him.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Probably, but if he happens to get selected in the first round in the NHL draft then Kitchener can still make 2 selections and protect him.
Pobezal is a late birthday. (Sept 18). His draft year is 2025.

So yes, if he’s in their plans, Rangers make only one selection.

It would serve Pobezal well to play his draft year in Kitchener. He’d walk right into top six minutes at centre and after the Rehkopf sell off, would move up to #1 C spot for the remainder of the season.

Last edited:

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Only 1st round. Sale would count to that protection list. I have a feeling Bottineau offence will make a considerable jump

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
.........I have a feeling Bottineau offence will make a considerable jump

He says he is always working on his shot, and to his credit, he does show flashes of offence despite his numbers over the first two seasons. I like that he doesn't shy away from the physical game. That's a guy this team needs.

If he works on his skating in the off-season, I think it would really go a long way to round out his game. There are some good power skating coaches out there that do a good job with OHL and NHL players. I think he could benefit from that.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Only 1st round. Sale would count to that protection list. I have a feeling Bottineau offence will make a considerable jump
We went into the last off season with Mesar and NHL 3rd rounder Hamara protected. Because both were NHL picks, we were able to make two selections in the last import draft.
Pobezal and Kivijarhu.

Had the rule been NHL 1st rounders only, no way we make two selections in the last import draft.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
We went into the last off season with Mesar and NHL 3rd rounder Hamara protected. Because both were NHL picks, we were able to make two selections in the last import draft.
Pobezal and Kivijarhu.

Had the rule been NHL 1st rounders only, no way we make two selections in the last import draft.
Is it possible the rule is that if the import player is signed by an NHL team you are eligible to select another player.

Reactions: dirty12

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
With the month-long June trade window opening up on Saturday, are there any realistic moves we see the Rangers making?

I can’t see much (if anything) happening for them in this window with the amount of bodies they already have signed.

I’m more expecting moves to happen in August heading into training camp when some bodies are removed/added.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
With the month-long June trade window opening up on Saturday, are there any realistic moves we see the Rangers making?

I can’t see much (if anything) happening for them in this window with the amount of bodies they already have signed.

I’m more expecting moves to happen in August heading into training camp when some bodies are removed/added.
Any returnees on the bubble could possibly be moved during this time period.

Also, I’d like to see a Parsons trade sorting out the OA goalie situation. I think in a rebuilding season, a 50/50 split in net bodes well for Edwards development.

A Parsons trade this month means that MM would have received good value for him as I feel he won’t trade him for peanuts.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
Any returnees on the bubble could possibly be moved during this time period.

Also, I’d like to see a Parsons trade sorting out the OA goalie situation. I think in a rebuilding season, a 50/50 split in net bodes well for Edwards development.

A Parsons trade this month means that MM would have received good value for him as I feel he won’t trade him for peanuts.
Agreed on types of deals I expect to see… I just wonder if it holds out until August when a couple more roster situations are figured out (specifically the import situation/draft and what Pobezal does)

Reactions: rangersblues

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Agreed on types of deals I expect to see… I just wonder if it holds out until August when a couple more roster situations are figured out (specifically the import situation/draft and what Pobezal does)
Is Parsons an OA this upcoming season? I thought he had another year to go before that.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Rangers gonna shop him or ride him to playoffs? I like his game, hes got attitude.
What the Rangers do and what I’d do may be two different things. Lol!

We’re need to go into an all in sell off. We have no 2nd to 5th round picks in the next three drafts and no 6th in ‘25. We have goalies Parsons and Malboeuf, both 04’s, as OA possibilities next year along with 17 year old signed Owen Edwards who’s to be the future #1.

I’m all about developing Edwards and I feel the best way to do so is a 50/50 split in net next year between he and one of the OA’s.

It makes more sense to go with a Malboeuf/Edwards tandem as it would be tough to expect a goalie of Parsons’ stature Parsons to accept only 50% of the starts next year.

So I’d move Parsons. But MM may have different plans. He may want to go with Parsons as the #1 in an effort to be as good as we can be while rebuilding.

We’ll see.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
What the Rangers do and what I’d do may be two different things. Lol!

We’re need to go into an all in sell off. We have no 2nd to 5th round picks in the next three drafts and no 6th in ‘25. We have goalies Parsons and Malboeuf, both 04’s, as OA possibilities next year along with 17 year old signed Owen Edwards who’s to be the future #1.

I’m all about developing Edwards and I feel the best way to do so is a 50/50 split in net next year between he and one of the OA’s.

It makes more sense to go with a Malboeuf/Edwards tandem as it would be tough to expect a goalie of Parsons’ stature Parsons to accept only 50% of the starts next year.

So I’d move Parsons. But MM may have different plans. He may want to go with Parsons as the #1 in an effort to be as good as we can be while rebuilding.

We’ll see.
Plus Parsons would bring more value.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Who comes back from NHL camp (and perhaps tryout)?

I'd say Sale for sure......Rehkopf likely should considering his weak defensive game.

Will Ando and Brzz return?

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Who comes back from NHL camp (and perhaps tryout)?

I'd say Sale for sure......Rehkopf likely should considering his weak defensive game.

Will Ando and Brzz return?
Sale - I'd say 65% he returns. He does have the AHL option if Seattle chooses. They may want the flexibility of calling him up.

Rehkopf and Andonoski - absolutely return

Brzustewicz - I'd say about 5% chance he's back

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
No disrespect, but I doubt Malboeuf brings any value. We go with Parsons and Malboeuf moves on from this league.

That’s why we need to sort out the crease sooner than later. If we’re going with Parsons, Malboeuf deserves the courtesy of looking for a landing spot for next year.
your 100 percent correct, malboeuf would be a jr b player next year. 04 goalies need to be rock 1st and hes not that.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
Reid - 1st team all rookie
Lam - 2nd team all rookie
Brz - 2nd team all star

Genuinely surprised Rehkopf didn’t make any of the 3 all star teams…
My guess is that since he played more time at RW this season compared to C (he's listed as a RW on the OHL) and that he had the 4th most points of any RW he just missed out on the cut. I would argue that they should just take the best 9 forwards instead of splitting them by LW, C and RW, but I am not in charge.

My guess is that since he played more time at RW this season compared to C (he's listed as a RW on the OHL) and that he had the 4th most points of any RW he just missed out on the cut. I would argue that they should just take the best 9 forwards instead of splitting them by LW, C and RW, but I am not in charge.
I am also surprised that Hunter was placed on the second team and Bonk made the first team.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Rehkopf and Sale should return a fair amount of forward looking assets.
Ando could too but I see him being kept around as a leader and someone to put bums in seats.
You can't full on fire sale in Kitchener I don't think the fans will tolerate that..

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Rehkopf and Sale should return a fair amount of forward looking assets.
Ando could too but I see him being kept around as a leader and someone to put bums in seats.
You can't full on fire sale in Kitchener I don't think the fans will tolerate that..
I have to disagree, the fans would totally understand and be supportive of a fire sale if the returns are good.

We shall see.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4