Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
There you have it ladies and gents. The official 2023 OHL Draft selection order....

2023 OHL Priority Selection First Round Order of Selection:

1. Erie Otters
  2. Niagara IceDogs
  3. Soo Greyhounds
  4. Kingston Frontenacs
  5. Niagara IceDogs*
  6. Oshawa Generals
  7. Mississauga Steelheads
  8. Brantford Bulldogs
  9. Sudbury Wolves
  10. Kitchener Rangers*
  11. Kitchener Rangers
  12. Owen Sound Attack
  13. Peterborough Petes
  14. Guelph Storm
  15. Flint Firebirds
  16. Saginaw Spirit
  17. Sarnia Sting
  18. London Knights
  19. Barrie Colts
  20. Windsor Spitfires
  21. North Bay Battalion
  22. Ottawa 67’s

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Michigan boy. Memorial Cup. While not the same, refills the slot previously filled by Mintyukov. They have picks to spend from that trade too.
Anything is possible RangerNation. Especially with MM running the ship. I just find the teams that seem to be able to retool instead of rebuilding keep the players that are eligible for the NHL draft the following year. It keeps fans interested. MM put himself into a weak position as to where he cleaned out the cupboard unnecessarily this season. The other GMs know this an the vultures will be circling. To cover his butt he will be forced to trade everything away but the kitchen sink next year. There are no guarantees that Hunter ends up in Saginaw. At the moment it is a pipe dream. In fact if Hunters brother has his sites set on Kitchener as was hinted I wouldn't doubt you see MM use a first pick in him. He is ranked around 22. They have done worse in the past. We will see how this play off round goes. It will tell fans if MM over paid in the trades he made at and before the deadline.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
There you have it ladies and gents. The official 2023 OHL Draft selection order....

2023 OHL Priority Selection First Round Order of Selection:

1. Erie Otters
  2. Niagara IceDogs
  3. Soo Greyhounds
  4. Kingston Frontenacs
  5. Niagara IceDogs*
  6. Oshawa Generals
  7. Mississauga Steelheads
  8. Brantford Bulldogs
  9. Sudbury Wolves
  10. Kitchener Rangers*
  11. Kitchener Rangers
  12. Owen Sound Attack
  13. Peterborough Petes
  14. Guelph Storm
  15. Flint Firebirds
  16. Saginaw Spirit
  17. Sarnia Sting
  18. London Knights
  19. Barrie Colts
  20. Windsor Spitfires
  21. North Bay Battalion
  22. Ottawa 67’s
5th place in the East picks ahead of 7th and 8th place in the West, lol.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
"With the 10th pick in the OHL priority selection, the Kitchener Rangers are proud to select Brady Martin from the Waterloo Wolves"... a prediction.
Oh, and good luck tonight!
The Rangers haven’t drafted a local (KW-Cambridge product) in the 1st round since Scott Stevens in ‘81.

True or not, there were always rumblings over the decades that upper brass feared the pressures / weight of being a hometown first rounder weren’t worth the risk of that player possibly crashing and burning.

I’d be surprised if we took a local in the 1st round.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
The Rangers haven’t drafted a local (KW-Cambridge product) in the 1st round since Scott Stevens in ‘81.

True or not, there were always rumblings over the decades that upper brass feared the pressures / weight of being a hometown first rounder weren’t worth the risk of that player possibly crashing and burning.

I’d be surprised if we took a local in the 1st round.
Pederson was from Arthur but played for the Waterloo Wolves.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Sop Kitchener local was a 7th rounder and what a great 7th round pick he has turned out to be. If Brady Martin is on the board at 10 I can’t see it possible that the Rangers don’t take him. I don’t see him getting to 10 though unless a handshake deal is done where he only reports to Kitchener

Reactions: Torts

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
5th place in the East picks ahead of 7th and 8th place in the West, lol.
Due to overall standings.
1680190348362.png

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Honestly, I'm choosing to believe in this team through these playoffs. Likely back fires but it will be more fun this way.

Reactions: sbpointer

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Honestly, I'm choosing to believe in this team through these playoffs. Likely back fires but it will be more fun this way.
Right before the game, listen to Rammstein "Du Hast" (crank it). Also perfect song for Rangers to come out to at Aud, it's heavy, in German... If anyone knows the sound guy at the Aud, tell him to play it.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Right before the game, listen to Rammstein "Du Hast" (crank it). Also perfect song for Rangers to come out to at Aud, it's heavy, in German... If anyone knows the sound guy at the Aud, tell him to play it.
Byron Reichstein's walk-up music.

Reactions: nelli27

Rangers2022

Dec 15, 2022
Sop Kitchener local was a 7th rounder and what a great 7th round pick he has turned out to be. If Brady Martin is on the board at 10 I can’t see it possible that the Rangers don’t take him. I don’t see him getting to 10 though unless a handshake deal is done where he only reports to Kitchener
I would totally have to agree, can't see Brady Martin being around for the Rangers to pick 10 th.
He is from the Elmira area and would love to play for a local team. I know parents of other kids on the Waterloo Wolves.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
I don't put much faith into our sound/production people. They can't even figure out how microphone feedback works OR that goal horns are supposed to be loud and not 15seconds after a goal, OR somehow, no matter what, the national anthem seems to sneek up on them and they forget to hit play. I miss DJ Pete.

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Good luck Rangers Fans. Spitfires might be the first seed in this series but its definetly been a roller coaster of a season for us. The Spitfires have looked like Beasts offensively for some stretches of games and then very average and inconsistent for other stretches. Add in we have a few key players injured right now and 1 key player Suspended for the first 2 games and I believe this is gonna be a good series, also our coach Savard is a wildcard and likes to play our struggling OA goalie over our young talented netminder who has done nothing but exceed expectations. It doesn't make any sense to us fans in Windsor but I expect to see Onuska in this series one way or another. 6 or 7 games forsure this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad