Value of: Kirill Kaprizov

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
What's next? Calling every single player a rental? This is the first time I've heard someone say 2 year rental. A rental is a player with less than 1 season.
I will repeat, again. He is not getting traded this year. So, he will be a one-year rental.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Find me a trade where someone got more than 4 1sts for a player, let alone one year of them. WHat do you think you're getting for him? Peterka Benson and 4 more 1sts? Stop dreaming. You don't know what the GM wants or what direction he wants. I specifically stated it was a future only package assuming a rebuild.
You keep assuming that more is better or that more is needed to beat that offer. If Kaprizov gets traded for less than you are offering here, congrats to you. But Wild fans on a message board are not wrong for holding out for more than a "meh" offer.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You keep assuming that more is better or that more is needed to beat that offer. If Kaprizov gets traded for less than you are offering here, congrats to you. But Wild fans on a message board are not wrong for holding out for more than a "meh" offer.

IF he gets traded it will be for less than that.

He will only get traded if the Wild have given up on bringing him back.

Until the reality of "what market can bear or nothing" hits Wild fans, its a pointless conversation to have, because there is no trade out there where the Wild get full value.

I don't think it will come to that and he will re-up with the Wild.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I am also not wrong for offering fair value. Sounds like you all need to stop getting so offended over a trade offer. You can hold out for whatever theoretical offer you like, just don't throw a fit towards me because you want more than offered and act like I've insulted you (not you specifically).

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
He Damaged goods …, back issues after Dillion ( Wpg) gently taped him in the corner.

No team should be Russian to give assets up for this player… if they do they will regret it …,, even more than La regrets giving up assets for PLD….,

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
He Damaged goods …, back issues after Dillion ( Wpg) gently taped him in the corner.

No team should be Russian to give assets up for this player… if they do they will regret it …,, even more than La regrets giving up assets for PLD….,
Yeah his scoring down the stretch really suggests he is damaged goods. 120 point pace with Boldy & JEE on his line.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Yeah his scoring down the stretch really suggests he is damaged goods. 120 point pace with Boldy & JEE on his line.
Wow …. That’s impressive!!!!!

With players like that you would think that Minnesota would have been in a playoff position or have a better record .

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Wow, with an ego like that, you would think that you have an IQ above 90
Double wow!!!!!

You sound very smart!

Everybody on HF boards should be grateful for your insight and wisdom.

I hope Minnesota doesn’t trade him and signs Kap long term.

I think that will work out well for the other 31 teams in the league.

EquivalentStay

Jul 27, 2020
You don't know what the GM wants or what direction he wants.
Back at you. You have no clue like everyone else, so why acting with a superiority complex? I know it's tough to be wrong, and have 15 people all agree you're dumb, but sometimes....ya gotta take the L. Take the L.
Also, Peterka, Benson and 2 1sts (an actual four 1sts offer), I don't even think this gets it done unless Kap ain't resigning or wants out. Have people SEEN him play? If he was on the Rangers, people would be losing their minds lol

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
In a theoretical conversation, where it is stated I am assuming he is moved next year, is 100% speculation.
You called him a 2 year rental, then go on to say he won't be traded, so he's a 1 year rental. You're not making sense.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

His ribs were injured by Suter then re-injured by Dillon but neither were long term, his main injury issue was from his leg when Stanley jumped on his back. He lost the muscle from surgery there and spent the off-season getting it healthy, then half the season building it back up to confident levels. His skating in the second half was back to immaculate after drastically hindering him to start the season. Only other injuries he has had was wrist stuff two years ago when he played through it except the All-Star game. No reason to think he doesn’t enter this season in anything but perfect health, in his own words, he is focusing on a strong start to the upcoming season.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Find me a trade where someone got more than 4 1sts for a player, let alone one year of them. WHat do you think you're getting for him? Peterka Benson and 4 more 1sts? Stop dreaming. You don't know what the GM wants or what direction he wants. I specifically stated it was a future only package assuming a rebuild.
My god dude, calm yourself. Minnesota should not be looking for a futures package consisting of four late 1st round pick equivalents. They would want one big piece and negotiate from there. Cozens or Peterka or Quinn is the starting point. If you can’t negotiate with that starting point, then there is nothing further to discuss with you.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
if we have to trade Kaprizov we had definitely better get at least one "very good" (and young) player back. Losing an elite scoring forward and getting nothing of immediate use back would crush us for a couple of season at least, more if we don't hit on our draft picks or they take longer to develop.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
This thread is hilarious. So much salt over a futures trade based on some hypotheticals. If Peterka Benson and a 1st doesn't get it done, you might as well have not clicked on this thread.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This thread is hilarious. So much salt over a futures trade based on some hypotheticals. If Peterka Benson and a 1st doesn't get it done, you might as well have not clicked on this thread.
I don’t think anyone turned down Peterka+Benson+1st. Everyone threw up at your Kulich+1st+Rosen+Krebs+other meh prospect proposal.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
This thread has definitely taken a turn since I posted Kaprizov for Lafreniere, Kakko and Trouba on the first page.

Would it help calm things down if I changed it to Kaprizov for Lafreniere, Kakko, Trouba and a 1st?

*runs*

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
I will repeat, again. He is not getting traded this year. So, he will be a one-year rental.
Except the hypothetical that started the thread rested on the assumption that he is traded to a team for whom he will sign a long-term deal. You're changing the scenario to fit your argument of what his value is, which is just bad faith.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Except the hypothetical that started the thread rested on the assumption that he is traded to a team for whom he will sign a long-term deal. You're changing the scenario to fit your argument of what his value is, which is just bad faith.
Resigning long term is on the onus of the players camp, and the acquiring teams camp If there is not a deal in place, the new team needs to negotiate it. If he would agree on a contract prior to trade he would just stay. The sign and trades really never happen so you don't get value for trading Kaprizov at 12x7, you get value of him as a rental (or two years). If the contact is his issue the Wild will just resign and keep.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Resigning long term is on the onus of the players camp, and the acquiring teams camp If there is not a deal in place, the new team needs to negotiate it. If he would agree on a contract prior to trade he would just stay. The sign and trades really never happen so you don't get value for trading Kaprizov at 12x7, you get value of him as a rental (or two years). If the contact is his issue the Wild will just resign and keep.
None of that really matters, though. There's a hypothetical scenario on the table, and you're ignoring it to try to argue that an offer you proposed is actually good when a lot of folks are telling you otherwise. You've also argued that in bad faith by trying to make it seem like a different, better offer is what is being scoffed at when it wasn't. It really seems like you're just trying to argue until everyone else gives up so you can feel like you won.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
It sounds like one poster wanted to have a conversation about what would happen if the Wild were forced to trade Kaprizov for pennies on the dollar. Sounds fun, he should start that thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad