Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Ya that made no sense lol. Let's not forget that they picked a tiny player in Debrincat with one of the 2nds we traded them for Shaw (obviously Dach was more valuable than Shaw but that's not the point).

Anyways, as long as Dach does well I won't care what Nazar does. He's been great so far, injury concerns seem to be gone for now *knock on wood*. A 6'4 60 point center would be phenomenal and worth more than a 70-point small winger.
Yup, absolutely this is the right take. Mocking the poor guy’s height not even 24 hours after our very own Goal Caufield who is even shorter than Nazar has a huge night is just… wow dude…

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Yup, absolutely this is the right take. Mocking the poor guy’s height not even 24 hours after our very own Goal Caufield who is even shorter than Nazar has a huge night is just… wow dude…

He didn’t mock him, the player. He mocked the situation.

You need a guy like Dach on a team that brings something unique so smaller players like Cole can do his thing.

you can’t just have smaller players.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Maybe i’m behind or something lol but what’s doing ‘’la cuillère’’ ?

After the game last night Latendresse criticized Dach which is mind boggling because he had a great game and is the reason of Monahan’s goal…

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal

After the game last night Latendresse criticized Dach which is mind boggling because he had a great game and is the reason of Monahan’s goal…
He was looking for something to criticize, and Dach's name was pulled out of a hat.

• Haha
Reactions: Supersonic and 417

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Spoon? Spooning?

Biggest takeaway is how our Dr. Recchis (bless them, they are a great source of entertainment), are saying that a wrist that was never at issue after the Habs acquired Dach, now appears that it’s not an issue.

• Haha
Reactions: Sagikev

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Man, how I wish you could of said this exact thing to that ExpatHabs guy 2 weeks ago when he was calling Slaf a bust in pre-season scrimmages of all things.

Hey wait
I’ve never called him a bust or even insinuated as much. You have the wrong guy. Hit the road.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Beyond the puck skills, what I've been impressed with is his tenacity on the puck. He never gives up on the puck and dogfights it.
yeah I think I just assumed he was a big, soft skill guy. Which I would've been fine with if he produced. But seeing some ruggedness is pretty exciting to go along with everything else. I also remember a few people being warded off by the fact that he never put up the points in junior you would've really liked to see from a guy with his overall package. That always stuck with me too. So I was very ho hum on getting him even though I remember Chicago being quite heartened by his rookie year. But from what I'm seeing now this kid is absolutely wild. It just seems bizarre he could be had for what we got him for. It's still early but man oh man what an addition so far.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Someone’s got to be a target...for some reason, that guy is Dach.
The reason it’s Dach is because it’s a Hughes acquisition. Critiquing Dach will eventually transform into a critique of Hughes

Reactions: 417

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Seems to be a weird narrative on TVA. Didn't they go after him in the preseason too?

Yes.

Their new target at trying to say he doesn’t look ‘’engaged’’ enough for them.

But Latendresse said he did the ‘’cuillère’’ and i don’t know what that is :laugh:

Jul 6, 2016
Will Dach be patient and enjoy playing on a wing instead of center ? He was clear about his preference. I hope it won't turn into another KK saga.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I take it you think Cole Caufield (5'7", 15thOA) was a bad pick?

How strange.
Of all people on this board, I would think you would be the one to make the distinction between a prospect who scored seventy-two GOALS in his draft year for the US NTDP and a prospect who had seventy total points at the same level in his draft year ;)

It's not that Nazar is a bust or a bad prospect, it's that the hysteria this summer about passing up on the vaunted Frank Nazar for the apparent ultra risky gamble of Kirby Dach was pretty over the top. Nazar is not some can't miss prospect with eye-popping production or a singularly valuable skill like Caufield was as a goal scorer. He's a good prospect who I'd probably put as a 2C in the best case with room to fall back as a middle six winger or 3C given his compete.

Nothing wrong with that kind of prospect and I'd love to have him, but it's also not some kind of windfall who you absolutely can't pass up if they drop into your lap the way Caufield was as a prospect. It's perfectly reasonable to believe that Nazar would be a better asset than Dach, but the idea that Dach was some wild crazy gamble relative to picking Nazar just never made any sense to me.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Will Dach be patient and enjoy playing on a wing instead of center ? He was clear about his preference. I hope it won't turn into another KK saga.
He’s not playing on wing right now and doesn’t have to.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Of all people on this board, I would think you would be the one to make the distinction between a prospect who scored seventy-two GOALS in his draft year for the US NTDP and a prospect who had seventy total points at the same level in his draft year ;)

It's not that Nazar is a bust or a bad prospect, it's that the hysteria this summer about passing up on the vaunted Frank Nazar for the apparent ultra risky gamble of Kirby Dach was pretty over the top. Nazar is not some can't miss prospect with eye-popping production or a singularly valuable skill like Caufield was as a goal scorer. He's a good prospect who I'd probably put as a 2C in the best case with room to fall back as a middle six winger or 3C given his compete.

Nothing wrong with that kind of prospect and I'd love to have him, but it's also not some kind of windfall who you absolutely can't pass up if they drop into your lap the way Caufield was as a prospect. It's perfectly reasonable to believe that Nazar would be a better asset than Dach, but the idea that Dach was some wild crazy gamble relative to picking Nazar just never made any sense to me.
I didn’t see any in-depth comment about Nazar. I saw someone mocking his height and draft position, to insinuate he will never be any better than the guy who has [let’s all check notes now] no more than 30 pts at any time in his three seasons in the NHL.

Mocking a prospect’s height the day after our own mid-first round, notably short youngster had a smoking hot game is ridiculous. We can enjoy and root for Dach’ as blossoming without taking shots at innocent teenagers, and enjoy Slafkovsky without taking shots at Wright. Maybe that’s news to some of you.

Jul 6, 2016
No he wasn’t. Monahan took some FO but Dach took his place back at center right when they started playing.
Monahan has taken a lot f faceoffs. For me, that's the role of a centermen. Dach took only two and lost them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad