Kingston Frontenacs 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
They need a centre and a 1st/2nd pairing rhd man so they do need 2 trades. if pickell gets pushed out he gets pushed out

I agree but I was suggesting two forward trades, not just one. Pickell won’t get pushed out because one of those deals will be an OA which means Hayes is gone. It seems Lalonde has done well enough to consider him the starter, no?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I agree but I was suggesting two forward trades, not just one. Pickell won’t get pushed out because one of those deals will be an OA which means Hayes is gone. It seems Lalonde has done well enough to consider him the starter, no?
Heyes was never going to stay anyways. He is playing top line minutes right now to increase his value. I assume they want him to have a home for his final year.

I’d love for Lalonde to be the starter. Unfortunately I don’t make the calls but I have not been impressed with vaccari at all this year.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Heyes was never going to stay anyways. He is playing top line minutes right now to increase his value. I assume they want him to have a home for his final year.

I’d love for Lalonde to be the starter. Unfortunately I don’t make the calls but I have not been impressed with vaccari at all this year.

So then the point I was making still holds. Had they acquired another Centre, that would have pushed Pickell down to the 4th line for sure where he would not have gotten the minutes to prove capable. Then when they acquire the OA D-Man, Heyes is deleted and then what? DO they try to acquire another depth forward to replace Heyes? Having Pickell playing the top 9 minutes already and being successful means if/when Heyes is gone, they should feel comfortable about keeping him there and they don’t need to acquire another forward. This is a result of being patient and allowing existing assets to play their way into a role in the early stages of a season. THAT is my point.

This sort of thing happens often. I know you and many others felt Hopkins was ready for a bigger role but if he were on a stacked team, he wouldn’t have gotten an opportunity. MAYBE if they had the centre early, he is pushed down to 3C where he isn’t given as many high leverage minutes to develop and be more ready when the playoffs come along.

From my perspective, this is why I think being patient helps. You get to see what you have. Will it cost you points int he standings? Maybe. But it pays off bigger dividends in the 2nd half when you have more players better prepared because they received the solid minutes early. The players are more confident because they were able to achieve results early. If/when they need to step into bigger roles for injury replacement etc when the games are higher stakes as the season winds down, they are better prepared.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
0-7 in one goal games (counting the Niagara game with two ENGs)... At some point hanging with these teams needs to turn into beating these teams...

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
So then the point I was making still holds. Had they acquired another Centre, that would have pushed Pickell down to the 4th line for sure where he would not have gotten the minutes to prove capable. Then when they acquire the OA D-Man, Heyes is deleted and then what? DO they try to acquire another depth forward to replace Heyes? Having Pickell playing the top 9 minutes already and being successful means if/when Heyes is gone, they should feel comfortable about keeping him there and they don’t need to acquire another forward. This is a result of being patient and allowing existing assets to play their way into a role in the early stages of a season. THAT is my point.

This sort of thing happens often. I know you and many others felt Hopkins was ready for a bigger role but if he were on a stacked team, he wouldn’t have gotten an opportunity. MAYBE if they had the centre early, he is pushed down to 3C where he isn’t given as many high leverage minutes to develop and be more ready when the playoffs come along.

From my perspective, this is why I think being patient helps. You get to see what you have. Will it cost you points int he standings? Maybe. But it pays off bigger dividends in the 2nd half when you have more players better prepared because they received the solid minutes early. The players are more confident because they were able to achieve results early. If/when they need to step into bigger roles for injury replacement etc when the games are higher stakes as the season winds down, they are better prepared.
Yes I never said they need to acquire 2 forwards and I don’t think anyone here believes that. They need a first or second line centre and a top 4 rhd d

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
It's not going to get any easier Brantford is also getting stronger getting Hamara and with Jirichek coming soon.
Yeah clear as ever the fronts aren’t going to be able to compete.

They can have all the talent in the world they need to be able to hang onto leads and be able to win the tight games- something haven’t shown yet and I don’t think an addition or two would change that. Brantford is going to load up here and they may even pass Oshawa and Barrie- east is too loaded this year I hope they don’t do any big buying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad