Kingston Frontenacs 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
On his own Weir would bring back next to nothing but I meant to say put him in a package and see what happens.
The challenge you guys have, though, is that you really do not have the players to put together a package deal for a star player without draining what you have.

You really donot have a great depth of OHL ready players

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
The challenge you guys have, though, is that you really do not have the players to put together a package deal for a star player without draining what you have.

You really donot have a great depth of OHL ready players
We have a good top 9 but that 4th line isn’t ohl calibre yet

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
We have a good top 9 but that 4th line isn’t ohl calibre yet
I agree you have a top 6; I'm not sure about 9. The issue, though, in a trade for a player like Musty is that Sudbury is not going to be looking for a fourth-line player; they are going to be looking for a player who fills their needs as well as picks. You can also be assured that Musty is going to have some say although minimal at this stage.

He does evidently have the ability to play in Europe if SJS decide that is the better idea then sitting at home. Not sure how the BCHL or USHL would fit into the equation.

Reactions: PuckLucker

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
I agree you have a top 6; I'm not sure about 9. The issue, though, in a trade for a player like Musty is that Sudbury is not going to be looking for a fourth-line player; they are going to be looking for a player who fills their needs as well as picks. You can also be assured that Musty is going to have some say although minimal at this stage.

He does evidently have the ability to play in Europe if SJS decide that is the better idea then sitting at home. Not sure how the BCHL or USHL would fit into the equation.
Agreed on the top 6.
To make this trade work an organization like Kingston would actually have to overpay in order to get a player to land here. You can't have your cake and eat it too, in order to get a player like Musty, get ready to open up your wallet and pay up.

I did hear that Kingston had the best deal on the table for Wakely but he was hoping for a better landing spot which should be announced today or tomorrow.

The GM and coach on this team need to wake up and smell the coffee, especially the head coach. How you treat players spreads very quickly through the league.
The Fronts need to build a better culture if they ever hope to compete at a high level (higher than .500) or go on a Mem Cup run.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Jeff Marek reporting Wakely has gone to Barrie for Shamar Moses and picks
Hate to be a downer especially in October but there’s no way kingston can compete with Oshawa, Brampton or Barrie. None of those 3 are done adding yet either. Is there a point in going all in to potentially get 4th or 5th, MAYBE win a round and then go out in round 2? I think they should do a light sell (burns, miedema) and focus on next year.

They’ll have better OA’s going into next year so they won’t have to worry too much about those trades, they’ll have a crap ton of picks and they’ll have Hopkins as an 18 year old, Battaglia as a 19 year old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad