Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Yeah why can't we be more like the past cup champs and draft guys like Tkachuk and Bennett and Bobrovsky and Verhaeghe and Montour and Rodrigues and Forsling and OEL and Reinhart.

(Hint: none of those guys were homegrown)

But hey, let's move on like Gee Wally said
Well then management has to learn how to trade or sign hockey players who can really make the difference. I do not believe that we are going to get true value for th 14.8 mil we spent on free agents this past summer. Tyler Bertuzzi is the type of player we needed to sign as he is a player destined to be a Bruin and plays with heart. Unfortunately Tyler does not play center. Florida wins as their players go all out every time they are on the ice.

I also think the team this season is big but the lack of speed will be a huge factor.

I hope they manage to sign Tyler Johnson as he will bring some creativity to the bottom 6.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Well then management has to learn how to trade or sign hockey players who can really make the difference. I do not believe that we are going to get true value for th 14.8 mil we spent on free agents this past summer. Tyler Bertuzzi is the type of player we needed to sign as he is a player destined to be a Bruin and plays with heart. Unfortunately Tyler does not play center. Florida wins as their players go all out every time they are on the ice.

I also think the team this season is big but the lack of speed will be a huge factor.

I hope they manage to sign Tyler Johnson as he will bring some creativity to the bottom 6.

Excellent advice.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I definitely agree with the last two paragraphs. Too one dimensional in that bottom 6, they need a tad more speed and skill, although maybe I'm being a bit harsh off of one match with what seems like our kryptonite.

IMO Bertuzzi is a flawed player - there's a reason he has went from two cup contenders in Toronto and Boston and now finds himself on one of the worst teams out there instead of on another playoff contending squad. And trust me I liked the guy here, but defensively he is trainwreck and too turnover prone.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I definitely agree with the last two paragraphs. Too one dimensional in that bottom 6, they need a tad more speed and skill, although maybe I'm being a bit harsh off of one match with what seems like our kryptonite.

IMO Bertuzzi is a flawed player - there's a reason he has went from two cup contenders in Toronto and Boston and now finds himself on one of the worst teams out there instead of on another playoff contending squad. And trust me I liked the guy here, but defensively he is trainwreck and too turnover prone.
What I am saying is that we need players who will give it their all every shift. We have a lot of no shows on many nights as witnessed in the first game against Florida. This seems to happen on a regular basis.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I think it's the right call. Team is a bit too one dimensional in the bottom 6, need some skill added
I prefer Frederic/Geekie with Poitras and Brazeau on the 3rd. He might be a perfect compliment to Kastelic and Beecher, or he might be a pertfect 13th forward. I am hoping he does get that contract eventhough I wanted Lysell/Merkulov to beat him out it feels like he earned this opportunity. He won't be Heinen 2.0 but he could be very helpful in that bottom 6 as you said.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I prefer Frederic/Geekie with Poitras and Brazeau on the 3rd. He might be a perfect compliment to Kastelic and Beecher, or he might be a pertfect 13th forward. I am hoping he does get that contract eventhough I wanted Lysell/Merkulov to beat him out it feels like he earned this opportunity. He won't be Heinen 2.0 but he could be very helpful in that bottom 6 as you said.
Yeah, always want young talent to strive but if theyre not showing their potential with the big club, a seasoned veteran always helps. I think Johnson could help plenty on the bottom 6 and fill in on PP2 if needed.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
I think some of you fans are really crazy lidholm is a much better hockey player than bertuzzi
And then some of you say we got a draft better players how about 63 88 73 1 all of them late round picks

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I think some of you fans are really crazy lidholm is a much better hockey player than bertuzzi
And then some of you say we got a draft better players how about 63 88 73 1 all of them late round picks
Lindholm is a much better player then Bertuzzi but he has been injured the last couple of seasons and will he come back to the player he once was. This could be a big gamble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad