Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I agree. I see them as the 4 seed in the east, maybe 3rd but I think that’s unlikely with all the moves Brantford is bound to make- and lardis is gonna be one of the top point guys in the ohl for sure

1 Brampton/Mississauga
2 Oshawa
3 Brantford
4 Kingston
5 Barrie
6 North Bay
7 Ottawa
8 Niagara
9 Peteborough
10 Sudbury

8 and 9 should be really close, gave slight edge to Niagara as I think roobroeck, He and Czata are primed for breakouts, Bryant is pretty solid and Wassilyn will be among the top rookies in the O’- lots of questions on D. Flores should be pretty good in goal
I highly doubt North Bay will finish 6th. They are going to have to go into a full rebuild and will be trading all their top players. They will be battling with Peterborough, Sudbury and Ottawa for the last two playoff spots.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I highly doubt North Bay will finish 6th. They are going to have to go into a full rebuild and will be trading all their top players. They will be battling with Peterborough, Sudbury for the last two playoff spots.
I think they’re going to wait until the deadline to trade some players to get the most for them(wakely, van steensel) or atleast until late November- can’t see those guys traded in the off season as much as I’d love wakely on the fronts for the season opener lol. Also Romani if he gets traded will definitely be a deadline deal they’ll get a good 16 year old to sure out of him and probably a decent 17 year old too. Then the rest of the core has lots of experience and I’m expecting mcivor with all the playoff game he had this post season to translate into next season.

Losing Nelson, Vilmanis, probably arnsby and mathurin, ertel, divinctiis will be tough but in the first part of the season before the WJC I’d expect them to be a top 2 team in the east like how the Pete’s were.

6 may be too high for them i agree but with all those players I’m sure they don’t drop out of the playoffs. Procsyzn and therrien are great too and they’ll be on the team the full year. Expect guys like Amidovski, Pazii to really step up as well with lots of the core guys gone or to be traded.

Then they have ride, and the Leblanc twins back that’ll probably get traded throughout the season, if not all of them then some of them.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I think they’re going to wait until the deadline to trade some players to get the most for them(wakely, van steensel) or atleast until late November- can’t see those guys traded in the off season as much as I’d love wakely on the fronts for the season opener lol. Also Romani if he gets traded will definitely be a deadline deal they’ll get a good 16 year old to sure out of him and probably a decent 17 year old too. Then the rest of the core has lots of experience and I’m expecting mcivor with all the playoff game he had this post season to translate into next season.

Losing Nelson, Vilmanis, probably arnsby and mathurin, ertel, divinctiis will be tough but in the first part of the season before the WJC I’d expect them to be a top 2 team in the east like how the Pete’s were.

6 may be too high for them i agree but with all those players I’m sure they don’t drop out of the playoffs. Procsyzn and therrien are great too and they’ll be on the team the full year. Expect guys like Amidovski, Pazii to really step up as well with lots of the core guys gone or to be traded.

Then they have ride, and the Leblanc twins back that’ll probably get traded throughout the season, if not all of them then some of them.
agree for sure north bay will be selling, kitcher maybe too. barlow in owen sound. sudbury has a boat load to sell, lots of 04 d. I could see a move with them over the summer making sense.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree. I see them as the 4 seed in the east, maybe 3rd but I think that’s unlikely with all the moves Brantford is bound to make- and lardis is gonna be one of the top point guys in the ohl for sure

1 Brampton/Mississauga
2 Oshawa
3 Brantford
4 Kingston
5 Barrie
6 North Bay
7 Ottawa
8 Niagara
9 Peteborough
10 Sudbury

8 and 9 should be really close, gave slight edge to Niagara as I think roobroeck, He and Czata are primed for breakouts, Bryant is pretty solid and Wassilyn will be among the top rookies in the O’- lots of questions on D. Flores should be pretty good in goal
Sudbury 10th; you expect Musty to be in the NHL and DeAngelis & McCoy traded pre-season? The wolves are a 3rd, 2-4ths shy of a full compliment of picks with 7-OAs. The GM is probably on thin ice; unless things go bad early, top 5 is more likely imo.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018

arnsby is doneas is Ertel,the LeBlancs twins are also done

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Sudbury 10th; you expect Musty to be in the NHL and DeAngelis & McCoy traded pre-season? The wolves are a 3rd, 2-4ths shy of a full compliment of picks with 7-OAs. The GM is probably on thin ice; unless things go bad early, top 5 is more likely imo.
Losing-

Musty for sure at some point whether it’s NHL early grad as sharks suck or if he comes back he will be traded
Goyette AHL
Dvorsky AHL
Vondras AHL
Collin’s maybe AHL has the size but they may want him back for a year- if back some team will want him for experience and depth
McCoy will be traded
Deangelis will be traded
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mania traded as he’s a 19 year old drafted by the kings- will prob be in AHL for 2025/2026
Van Vliet will be traded probably
Someone will want Delic and Konyen
Giroux (OA)
McCallum (OA)
Anania (OA)

That’s pretty much all the good players except Villeneuve and Walton. They’re going to need to restock all the picks they used this past season unless they want to bottom out for a few years. Some of those guys may stay but for the right price they’ll be out of there. Of the guys they listed the most likely to stay would be Konyen, Van Vliet and Collin’s as they won’t get as much as the other guys

Definitely don’t see them making playoffs and finishing 9th/10th

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Losing-

Musty for sure at some point whether it’s NHL early grad as sharks suck or if he comes back he will be traded
Goyette AHL
Dvorsky AHL
Vondras AHL
Collin’s maybe AHL has the size but they may want him back for a year- if back some team will want him for experience and depth
McCoy will be traded
Deangelis will be traded
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mania traded as he’s a 19 year old drafted by the kings- will prob be in AHL for 2025/2026
Van Vliet will be traded probably
Someone will want Delic and Konyen
Giroux (OA)
McCallum (OA)
Anania (OA)

That’s pretty much all the good players except Villeneuve and Walton. They’re going to need to restock all the picks they used this past season unless they want to bottom out for a few years. Some of those guys may stay but for the right price they’ll be out of there. Of the guys they listed the most likely to stay would be Konyen, Van Vliet and Collin’s as they won’t get as much as the other guys

Definitely don’t see them making playoffs and finishing 9th/10th
What makes you so certain the wolves sell if Musty returns? All they would need to do is be able to move one, preferably four of VanVliet, Konyen, Collins, Vandenberg to have a pick surplus. As it is the wolves have; 5-2nds, 4-3rds, 2-4ths, 5-5ths..

The wolves do not ‘need’ to sell. The wolves’ GM probably cannot afford to miss on either of the coaching hire, or a better showing in round two of the playoffs.

Last edited:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
What makes you so certain the wolves sell if Musty returns? All they would need to do is be able to move one, preferably four of VanVliet, Konyen, Collins, Vandenberg to have a pick surplus. As it is the wolves have; 5-2nds, 4-3rds, 2-4ths, 5-5ths..

The wolves do not ‘need’ to sell. The wolves’ GM probably cannot afford to miss on either of the coaching hire, or a better showing in round two of the playoffs.
You’re losing most of your team regardless of the pick situation.

You think they’ll get a good enough team to compete with Brantford, Brampton, Oshawa and Kingston who are built for this year?

Why would they load up for a first round exit just doesn’t make any sense.

van vliet, konyen, Collins, vandenberg will not get you many picks and certainly not players. That’s why trading musty makes sense. Then obviously 3 good OA’s teams will overpay for in McCoy, Deangelis, and Delic

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You’re losing most of your team regardless of the pick situation.

You think they’ll get a good enough team to compete with Brantford, Brampton, Oshawa and Kingston who are built for this year?

Why would they load up for a first round exit just doesn’t make any sense.

van vliet, konyen, Collins, vandenberg will not get you many picks and certainly not players. That’s why trading musty makes sense. Then obviously 3 good OA’s teams will overpay for in McCoy, Deangelis, and Delic
This seems like the same discussion as NB last season. The eastern conference will be wide open again this season imo. Before making any definitive predictions, let’s wait for the end of the summer to find out which players return and which imports show.

If Musty returns, the wolves might have the most potent first line in the conference; probably the largest top six. Pharrand and Mania are break-outs waiting to happen, and Walton and Coughlan could break-out too. Any combination of DeAngelis/VanVliet, McCoy/Collins, and Mania would be a solid top 3; and play an important role in the development of recent high picks used on defence.

Though any one or two of Barrie, Brampton, and Brantford could add significantly; they are not built for this season. I don’t think Barrie or Brampton do anything that would jeopardize 2025-26.
While I believe Oshawa is the team to beat until proven otherwise, losing Roobroek would leave them with no more depth than any other of the wannabe contenders, and with only the 6th or 7th most disposable draft capital in the conference. Oster played >80 games, he is far from an automatic repeat of goaltender of the year.
Brantford is probably a popular pick for having great forward depth and a crazy amount of picks. Given that the top four OA options are at forward, I will punctuate the Brantford defence and goaltending with ?! Will the team make a reverse deadline trade of Donovan and VanVliet; sending out a good young player, and 4-2nds, 6-3rds, 2-4ths? If so, they may be trying to entice 19 yr olds to choose a 5th-6th place team to spend their final few months in the OHL.

Last edited:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
This seems like the same discussion as NB last season. The eastern conference will be wide open again this season imo. Before making any definitive predictions, let’s wait for the end of the summer to find out which players return and which imports show.
Last year it was wide open between about 5 or 6 teams. It won’t be like that this year- probably between 3 with Kingston, Barrie to name a couple looking on the outside.

Brampton just got relocated and have the chance to win the whole OHL their first year- imagine what that would do for ticket sales and a fanbase. They were first last year for a good amount of time before teams started making big moves. Martone will be a monster next year. So will misa they’re both bound to hit 100+ pts. They got the best goaltending in the whole ohl, maybe chl too that will carry the hell out of the team, tons of depth up front and in the back end. They’re my pick for sure- oh and with all those players they already have- they also have the best or second best pick pool among contenders

Brantford who was first place for some time this season as well, they’re getting most of their guys back including lardis who may challenge for OHL POTY and a crap ton of picks to spend- also another year with the same group- they’re bound to improve lots with another off season of training. OHL rookie of the year on the team looking to push up NHL draft lists- O’Brien may hit 100 points next year but I think more realistically 80-90

Then there is Oshawa who is getting most of their guys back except for roobroeck(yes I think Ritchie is back- he’s not making the stacked Colorado squad as a 4th liner he would be better playing in the O’) and they still have some picks to burn after already going to the OHL finals this past season and ending up first place in the regular season. Their experience is going to carry them next season for sure. Look at what it did for London. They were great in 2022/2023 and that much better in 2023/2024

I’m sorry but those are VERY clearly the front runners in the east next season. I love the fronts and I hope they do well but realistically speaking they’re on the outside looking in, and fronts are better set up than teams like Barrie, Ottawa, north bay, Sudbury etc.

Why would Sudbury go all out for a first round exit??

At the very minimum I think they’ll trade musty for some great players and tons of picks to help with future, along with McCoy, Deangelis because those 2 will get you great packages for an OA, and someone will want Delic for sure. Hard working very underrated player always was overshadowed by Goyette, Musty in his time with Sudbury but any team would take a quality guy like him. So guarantee he doesn’t stay either.

What do you have left after that? Not enough to make a run that’s for sure. The problem is you have too many OA players or graduating players this season- which is why I’ve been worried about the fronts for after this year- they’ll be in a similar situation likely where they need to trade quality guys
If Musty returns, the wolves might have the most potent first line in the conference; probably the largest top six. Pharrand and Mania are break-outs waiting to happen, and Walton and Coughlan could break-out too. Any combination of DeAngelis/VanVliet, McCoy/Collins, and Mania would be a solid top 3; and play an important role in the development of recent high picks used on defence.

Though any one or two of Barrie, Brampton, and Brantford could add significantly; they are not built for this season. I don’t think Barrie or Brampton do anything that would jeopardize 2025-26.
While I believe Oshawa is the team to beat until proven otherwise, losing Roobroek would leave them with no more depth than any other of the wannabe contenders, and with only the 6th or 7th most disposable draft capital in the conference. Oster played >80 games, he is far from an automatic repeat of goaltender of the year.
Brantford is probably a popular pick for having great forward depth and a crazy amount of picks. Given that the top four OA options are at forward, I will punctuate the Brantford defence and goaltending with ?! Will the team make a reverse deadline trade of Donovan and VanVliet; sending out a good young player, and 4-2nds, 6-3rds, 2-4ths? If so, they may be trying to entice 19 yr olds to choose a 5th-6th place team to spend their final few months in the OHL.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Martone like Barlow at 17, was worked like a rented mule. Martone like Barlow at 18, might not be among the top six even ten of his age group; nevermind a monster among the returning 19-20 yr olds.
Brampton has five of their top seven D born 2006-07; and will return 6 of 7 D for the 2025-26 season. The goalies are born 2006-07. There are three ‘06-1st round picked forwards.
The steelheads are unlikely to do anything to jeapodize 2025-26 season as it is their year.

Should Musty return, watch the 1/2 ton that will be wolves first five dominate the small-ish, young-ish steelheads forwards again early at least. I doubt the GM’s job is safe if the wolves do not compete and seat 4500+ Friday nights.

The Brantford defence and goaltending is more of a question mark than the wolves last season.

Kingston could have good imports, and get two of the top OAs early; and get out to a flying start.

As of right now, the eastern conference is wide open.

Last edited:

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
And the Guelph Storm hire Corey Stillman as head coach. So much for the speculation of Maholtra getting the job and being the reason Fronts drafted his son. Draft players that are going to report ffs!

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Martone like Barlow at 17, was worked like a rented mule. Martone like Barlow at 18, might not be among the top six even ten of his age group; nevermind a monster among the returning 19-20 yr olds.
Barlow was hurt on and off for the year and still managed to put up 40 goals in 50 games.

Martone if you watched him at the U18s with Mckenna he looked just as good as Mckenna and Mckenna just put up 97 pts. Martone and Misa will drive that first line on a really good steelheads team that should be top of the conference.

Also Martone is bigger and faster than Barlow and isn’t as 1 dimensional as Barlow. Barlow is a GREAT goalscorer. Haven’t seen a whole lot of the playmaking part of his game where as martone is good at both. I think martone hits 50 goals this year and 50 assists and misa will be setting him up for a lot of those. Oh and it’s also Martones draft year and he’s in contention for 1st overall along with Hagens who is the favourite and also Michael Misa. I’m sure martone fills the net this year and with his size I wouldn’t be surprised to see him make the NHL his first year.

Brampton has five of their top seven D born 2006-07; and will return 6 of 7 D for the 2025-26 season. The goalies are born 2006-07. There are three ‘06-1st round picked forwards.
The steelheads are unlikely to do anything to jeapodize 2025-26 season as it is their year.
Martone may not be back for that year. Very real possibility is he goes top 5 and with his size and skill he could make the show out of the gate.
Should Musty return, watch the 1/2 ton that will be wolves first five dominate the small-ish, young-ish steelheads forwards again early at least. I doubt the GM’s job is safe if the wolves do not compete and seat 4500+ Friday nights.
it’s a bit IF for him returning. If he was on some other team I’d think he would return but with how crap the sharks are he has probably the highest odds out of any other NHL team
The Brantford defence and goaltending is more of a question mark than the wolves last season.
They have some picks they can use to fill these spots. And I’d still lean on brantfords goalie over either of Sudburys. Wouldn’t be surprised if they picked one in the import draft though. Or a good d man. Jiracek could still report there in Brantford.
Kingston could have good imports, and get two of the top OAs early; and get out to a flying start.
I’d like that but I don’t think it’s very realistic. If anything I think after the deadline they’d be winning a lot more

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I've gotta say even though it's been a year and half since he was traded and he was a great player/leader here I don't miss all the baggage and conspiracy theorists that came with Braden Hache and his dad.

Honestly I remember feeling a lot of times that refs were going against Kingston to not come across as biased FOR Hache.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Barlow was hurt on and off for the year and still managed to put up 40 goals in 50 games.

Martone if you watched him at the U18s with Mckenna he looked just as good as Mckenna and Mckenna just put up 97 pts. Martone and Misa will drive that first line on a really good steelheads team that should be top of the conference.

Also Martone is bigger and faster than Barlow and isn’t as 1 dimensional as Barlow. Barlow is a GREAT goalscorer. Haven’t seen a whole lot of the playmaking part of his game where as martone is good at both. I think martone hits 50 goals this year and 50 assists and misa will be setting him up for a lot of those. Oh and it’s also Martones draft year and he’s in contention for 1st overall along with Hagens who is the favourite and also Michael Misa. I’m sure martone fills the net this year and with his size I wouldn’t be surprised to see him make the NHL his first year.

Martone may not be back for that year. Very real possibility is he goes top 5 and with his size and skill he could make the show out of the gate.
Martone is a really good OHL player.
The ‘22 draft class of ‘06 born looks really good to me. It hasn’t received the same hype as the ‘97 or ‘02 born classes, or top of the ‘03s for that matter; so maybe it’s not as good as I think, or maybe there just aren’t any perceived NHL stars among the ‘06s.
I really have no idea if one or a half dozen of the ‘06s graduate early, but I do think Martone will be passed by a few from his age group, and possibly a few ‘07s too.

What I’ve been trying to say though, is the steelheads 2006 born core is unusually good; and I really doubt the team will do anything that jeapordizes the 2025-26 season.
I think the bulldogs, colts, maybe the battalion if the re-tool goes their way are close enough to the steelheads that Richmond won’t attempt a Papineau who believed his wolves roster was set up for consecutive memorial cup runs.
I do believe the steelheads contend this season, but they will be just one of 4-5 imo.
it’s a bit IF for him returning. If he was on some other team I’d think he would return but with how crap the sharks are he has probably the highest odds out of any other NHL team

They have some picks they can use to fill these spots. And I’d still lean on brantfords goalie over either of Sudburys. Wouldn’t be surprised if they picked one in the import draft though. Or a good d man. Jiracek could still report there in Brantford.
Musty may or may not graduate. If he does return, the wolves top six forwards and top three defensemen can have that team competing in round two for real this time with just complimentary additions.

Brantford is similar to Sudbury last season actually. There is not a D that can be considered top pair or a proven goalie on the roster that I am aware of. Maybe they get their Dvorsky like import, maybe they use most of their draft pick excess on three defensemen; and maybe all that talent does not translate to more than being a questionable top 3 in the conference.
I’d like that but I don’t think it’s very realistic. If anything I think after the deadline they’d be winning a lot more
Kingston is ‘05 heavy. No matter how this season goes, it should be a rebuild around two ‘09-1sts and picks gained from several ‘05s traded as OAs.
Best case scenario would be Kingston gets their import(s), Wakely and a top OA D are acquired early; and the team gels.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Kingston is ‘05 heavy. No matter how this season goes, it should be a rebuild around two ‘09-1sts and picks gained from several ‘05s traded as OAs.
Best case scenario would be Kingston gets their import(s), Wakely and a top OA D are acquired early; and the team gels.
Even though that feels so far away, looking at the roster/draft class unfortunately I think you're right - the '07 draft class has what should be a stud in Hopkins and potentially two solid complimentary pieces in Weir and Velliaris but not much more.

Obviously it's way too early to tell for the '08 class but not having a 1st rounder massively hurts the chances that it'll be an impactful class.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Even though that feels so far away, looking at the roster/draft class unfortunately I think you're right - the '07 draft class has what should be a stud in Hopkins and potentially two solid complimentary pieces in Weir and Velliaris but not much more.

Obviously it's way too early to tell for the '08 class but not having a 1st rounder massively hurts the chances that it'll be an impactful class.
It may be blinders blocking my ability see other options, but Wakely is the answer imo. If it takes sending Hopkins and Soto to NB so buddies Romani & VanSteensel and their 150 combined playoff games between the three can tag along; do it.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
What I’ve been trying to say though, is the steelheads 2006 born core is unusually good; and I really doubt the team will do anything that jeapordizes the 2025-26 season
Maybe they do runs for both years- load up on 18 year olds that’ll be back for their 19 year old season and trade 1 of leenders/ivankovic for a massive overhaul of picks or a 18 year old star d man
Musty may or may not graduate. If he does return, the wolves top six forwards and top three defensemen can have that team competing in round two for real this time with just complimentary additions.
Need goaltending before anything. Especially if you plan on making it to round 2. Still I think the amount of players graduating or bound to get traded will make this team take a big hit regardless of if they get and keep musty or not.

I don’t see Sudbury being anywhere near contention this season imo. And who knows maybe all they do is trade musty for picks and young players and the cheap OA’s and build around the rest but I don’t see them getting any higher than 5th place in the conference like that.
Brantford is similar to Sudbury last season actually. There is not a D that can be considered top pair or a proven goalie on the roster that I am aware of. Maybe they get their Dvorsky like import, maybe they use most of their draft pick excess on three defensemen; and maybe all that talent does not translate to more than being a questionable top 3 in the conference.
They have Moore coming back and protz who will be apart of their top 4, and they’re losing 2 import d men. I think they’ll pick a top pairing import d with the first pick unless they know jiracek is coming over then he will be the d man and they’ll draft a goalie. Egorov probably isn’t ready for a starting job yet- so either an import draft pick or an overage goalie (Sztuska?) will take that spot
I agree. Kingston has a chance to be good early on. Don’t think wakely gets traded until late November.

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
Martone is a really good OHL player.
The ‘22 draft class of ‘06 born looks really good to me. It hasn’t received the same hype as the ‘97 or ‘02 born classes, or top of the ‘03s for that matter; so maybe it’s not as good as I think, or maybe there just aren’t any perceived NHL stars among the ‘06s.
I really have no idea if one or a half dozen of the ‘06s graduate early, but I do think Martone will be passed by a few from his age group, and possibly a few ‘07s too.

What I’ve been trying to say though, is the steelheads 2006 born core is unusually good; and I really doubt the team will do anything that jeapordizes the 2025-26 season.
I think the bulldogs, colts, maybe the battalion if the re-tool goes their way are close enough to the steelheads that Richmond won’t attempt a Papineau who believed his wolves roster was set up for consecutive memorial cup runs.
I do believe the steelheads contend this season, but they will be just one of 4-5 imo.

what makes you think your getting Wakeley?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Maybe they do runs for both years- load up on 18 year olds that’ll be back for their 19 year old season and trade 1 of leenders/ivankovic for a massive overhaul of picks or a 18 year old star d man

Adding a two year piece and an OA like the battalion did 2021-22 makes sense to me. Thinking the steelheads have the young star power as well as the vets to equal the knights 2022-23 is not as realistic imo. Cowan, Dickinson, Bonk are all early graduation threats.

If the steelheads can trade Valentini for 3(2nds&3rds) I’ll believe a two year run plausible, very plausible if truly ‘all-in’ and trading away two ‘09-1sts next season.
Then the franchise gets sold and moved :)
Need goaltending before anything. Especially if you plan on making it to round 2. Still I think the amount of players graduating or bound to get traded will make this team take a big hit regardless of if they get and keep musty or not.

I don’t see Sudbury being anywhere near contention this season imo. And who knows maybe all they do is trade musty for picks and young players and the cheap OA’s and build around the rest but I don’t see them getting any higher than 5th place in the conference like that.

They have Moore coming back and protz who will be apart of their top 4, and they’re losing 2 import d men. I think they’ll pick a top pairing import d with the first pick unless they know jiracek is coming over then he will be the d man and they’ll draft a goalie. Egorov probably isn’t ready for a starting job yet- so either an import draft pick or an overage goalie (Sztuska?) will take that spot
You say Sudbury needs goaltending before anything, then call Brantford the conference favourite?

Didn’t we have a similar conversation about the battalion? I don’t think the wolves are as well positioned, but they do not need to sell. They will have more picks than Oshawa, Kingston and Peterborough, Ottawa, …if Musty returns they are a serious threat to end the season of favourites early.

Protz & Moore could be top pairing types in 2025-26, to seriously contend this season Brantford will need #1,2,3 D and a proven goalie by the deadline, then gel as a team in a few months. Rebuilding a team in-season like Saginaw and Sudbury did does not always work out.
I agree. Kingston has a chance to be good early on. Don’t think wakely gets traded until late November.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
what makes you think your getting Wakeley?
What would I even do with Wakely?
I think Wakely is exactly what Kingston needs, early.
As a passive battalion fan, I’d like to see Wakely traded early so Romani & VanSteensel can groom the offense in Procyszyn for 2-3 months.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
I think a lot of the Wakely speculation is due to NB having a bare cupboard and needing to sell off now.
It sounds like Kingston may be a front runner but i could see Oshawa getting involved.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You say Sudbury needs goaltending before anything, then call Brantford the conference favourite?
Brampton** is the favourite. For the sake of confusion I’ll just call Brantford the bulldogs and Brampton the steelheads
Didn’t we have a similar conversation about the battalion? I don’t think the wolves are as well positioned, but they do not need to sell. They will have more picks than Oshawa, Kingston and Peterborough, Ottawa, …if Musty returns they are a serious threat to end the season of favourites early.
What OA’s are going to be traded away then if Sudbury is making a run for it? They’re going to be losing some decent players whatever way you look at it.
Protz & Moore could be top pairing types in 2025-26, to seriously contend this season Brantford will need #1,2,3 D and a proven goalie by the deadline, then gel as a team in a few months. Rebuilding a team in-season like Saginaw and Sudbury did does not always work out.
That’s why I said protz and Moore will be top 4 d men this year implying 2nd line d. And they need to pick up an OA D for the top line and should draft a top d line import as well since they’re losing both Hamara(D) and Sobolev(D) for their imports

Also they have an 06 who didn’t look very promising this past season. They will 100% do something about their goaltending. Egorov needs atleast 1 more year as a backup. so whether they trade for an OA goalie like I implied they could look at Liam Sztuska on the Petes or draft a goalie in the import draft to go along with either jiracek or another import d coming this year to play on their top line above protz and moore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad