Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Edmundson 4 years x 3.8 million

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
The Kings weren't the only dummies looking at him. He probably was getting the same thing from other teams, chose the beach life instead.
So you bow out and let another team sign him. Someone posted other similar defensive dman options that signed for less dollars and less term. A good gm knows when to move on from a deal that will end up hurting your team.
Also you can get creative and move Anderson down a slot and go for a more offensive guy to pair with Doughty for a year or so. Gustafsson went for cheap.
Chychrun was traded for peanuts. Kylington still on the board.
There were other options than throwing the savings from PLD away on 4 years of a 3rd pairing often injured stay at home dman. Do you work for Blake or something you constantly go to bat for even his worst moves.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm gonna spin this. It could be terribly worse paying Darnell Nurse $9 million per year for 8 years!

Edmundson can eat 15 - 20 mins and makes the Kings less soft. He will fight and can deliver big hits. He matches up well against the bigger teams and teams who might try to play the Kings by hitting them hard.

Also, for some reason he played better for the Leafs than he did with the Caps. Maybe it's a Canadien thing. Edmundson also played solid for the Habs.

Edmundson Buyout Next Offseason:

2025-26$1,266,667
2026-27$1,266,667
2027-28$1,266,667
2028-29$1,266,667
2029-30$1,266,667
2030-31$1,266,667
No, the Caps are not helping you out again as we already had him and got trade value from the Leafs!

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I'm gonna spin this. It could be terribly worse paying Darnell Nurse $9 million per year for 8 years!

Edmundson can eat 15 - 20 mins and makes the Kings less soft. He will fight and can deliver big hits. He matches up well against the bigger teams and teams who might try to play the Kings by hitting them hard.

Also, for some reason he played better for the Leafs than he did with the Caps. Maybe it's a Canadien thing. Edmundson also played solid for the Habs.
We aren't in Canada, so if we follow your logic he is going to suck the chrome off a trailer hitch

• Haha
Reactions: Schrute farms

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
I just saw how many teams Edmunson has been on in the past couple of years. How on Earth does Rob Blake give this guy, a true replacement level journeyman at best, a 4 year contract? This is gross negligence that goes beyond mere incompetence.
because they dont know what they are doing. This is an incompetent management group and with no supervision from ownership it will get worse till they miss playoffs and money is affected and ownership notices no playoffs money.

Reactions: Remparts666

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Yeah why would we think Blake had anything to do with this? It wasn't like they were looking at him in 2020 two years before Bergevin was a part of the team.

View attachment 891077
A lot of people on here quite liked the idea of Edmundson back in 2020…. As a 3rd pair guy. Now though it’s a very different conversation. If his back is ok maybe he doe a solid job but the deal is nuts.

This is what I said before it started. We either end up freaking out over overpayment or we frea, out over doing nothing. It seems like we have managed both though.

There better be a long term QB deal which would at least explain why we avoided the big guns. Of course we assume these guys even want to come out to LA.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
yah but what kind of dog does he have?
A Shiba Inu

1719932723280.png

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
On the bright side...Ross Johnston is prob top 3 heavyweight in the NHL and he bullied the Kings a few games last season and Englund did nothing. Jeannot fought Reaves a few times but he is a light heavyweight.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
A lot of people on here quite liked the idea of Edmundson back in 2020…. As a 3rd pair guy. Now though it’s a very different conversation. If his back is ok maybe he doe a solid job but the deal is nuts.

This is what I said before it started. We either end up freaking out over overpayment or we frea, out over doing nothing. It seems like we have managed both though.

There better be a long term QB deal which would at least explain why we avoided the big guns. Of course we assume these guys even want to come out to LA.
It's just such a confusing signing. It's a player that doesn't make a difference for the team and you're overpaying him and giving him a longer term than you should. I can't imagine there was a bidding war on him and, if there was, he's not the guy you want to overbid to get.

It feels like a signing that Blake was worried about missing out on so he jumped the gun fast instead of seeing what other options there were and what the market was looking like.

The biggest head scratcher to me is that you're giving a guy a raise who, by all accounts, isn't as good as he was and doesn't play full seasons.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
It's just such a confusing signing. It's a player that doesn't make a difference for the team and you're overpaying him and giving him a longer term than you should. I can't imagine there was a bidding war on him and, if there was, he's not the guy you want to overbid to get.

It feels like a signing that Blake was worried about missing out on so he jumped the gun fast instead of seeing what other options there were and what the market was looking like.

The biggest head scratcher to me is that you're giving a guy a raise who, by all accounts, isn't as good as he was and doesn't play full seasons.
I blame Bergevin for this. He played for him in Montreal

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Its this off season's PLD move... another complete blunder that will end up in a buyout or retention

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The Kings weren't the only dummies looking at him. He probably was getting the same thing from other teams, chose the beach life instead. The Leaf gave OEL nearly the same deal, their fans are equally confused.
I said earlier yesterday that Blake was probably negotiating against another poorly run franchise.

Read that Ottawa was in on him.

• Haha
Reactions: FSL KINGS

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's the Kings trifecta of important questions

Are you over age 25;
Who's your agent;
What kind of dog do you have and do you consent to their photography?

There are also some minor follow up questions like "have you not been fulfilling your potential" and "have you ever been ridden out of town with a scarlet letter" but as long as two of the top three are positive answers, you too can get an overpayment contract on money and term and use that sweet sweet AEG money for a buyout

bland

Jul 1, 2004

I would speculate that they took a run at Dillon, lost out, and overspent on option #2 because he didn't want to come up empty handed on physical LHDs.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I would speculate that they took a run at Dillon, lost out, and overspent on option #2 because he didn't want to come up empty handed on physical LHDs.
If that's the case I hope they also made a run @ OEL before Edmundson. Knowing the 3 headed monster of a GM we have now though, I doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad