Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Edmundson 4 years x 3.8 million

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
With Burroughs, Jeanott, and Edmundson all having the knock on them of taking penalties, it really makes me wonder where that near top of the league PK ends up next year.

Foegele - i'm okay with this
Burroughs - no idea what he does to help us
Edmundson - WHY?
Jeanott - if he can be close to 15-20 goals, i'm okay with this
Lewis/Copley - not quite sure why these signings are necessary

I seriously doubt that we will be anywhere near 100 points next year. No chance that we can beat Edmonton, Colorado, Dallas, Vegas, Nashville, or Vancouver in the playoffs.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Omg so big and scary. Look how massive those arms are too! NHL forwards are shaking across the league rn.

_8FbBxqxjfaePoZs.jpg

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
As the weather heats up, the items available in the dumpster start to smell fresher. This pick up is a world class dive to the bottom of the bin. Our GM refused to lose out on a moldy burrito and pushed at least one other crackhead aside to get first dibs.

I think there are a handful of GMs who are in a cabal to drive up the price on any piece connected to the Kings. There is no other explanation for the good money wasted on bad fits time and time again by this GM.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
So they miraculously get out from under the DuBois contract, then voluntarily give about half the savings to Joel f***ing Edmundson, the pylon.
I dont know why I still support this team. Maybe I dont. I have to figure it out.
This is right where im at. Winning doesnt appear to interest them or least is very low priority.
I have to figure it out as well

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
With Burroughs, Jeanott, and Edmundson all having the knock on them of taking penalties, it really makes me wonder where that near top of the league PK ends up next year.

To be fair, they did get these guys for the PK… But what they didn’t realize is that they meant they’re putting us on the PK

If you think it was Blake behind this signing, you are not paying attention. Or willfully ignorant.

I'm going to let you guess who was the GM who signed him in Montreal, I'm going to let you guess why our next GM traded him for a used tire and for the last guess, who was behind the Dubois and Edmy signing.

You got a problem...sorry

Oh, stop. This organization was shooting itself in the dick long before Bergevin got here. Stop making this about the habs. You’re not that important.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
To be fair, they did get these guys for the PK… But what they didn’t realize is that they meant they’re putting us on the PK

Oh, stop. This organization was shooting itself in the dick long before Bergevin got here. Stop making this about the habs. You’re not that important.
Bergervin has increased the speed of demise, it was already on a path, But PLD and this signing have a big Bergevin stamp on it.. Not even up for debate

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Oh, stop. This organization was shooting itself in the dick long before Bergevin got here. Stop making this about the habs. You’re not that imimportant.
Sorry you took it that way.

This is about BargainBin and direct experience as GM.

I know nothing about Blake or the rest of your management before Dubois so i will not comment on that.

I do know a lot about BargainBin, too much in fact. Thus my comments.

Good luck...

Reactions: ZiggyPalffyLA

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Jeannot,Edmundson,Burroughs... Stupefying or just plain stupid...Foegele...I'm alright here seems Blake was in on a bunch players but just got beat to the punch numerous times and the result was that we got these players as consolation prizes or 2nd,3rd or 4th choices

FeartheFur

Jul 15, 2018
I like the forwards we added. We’ve bitching about grit and being pushed around for the past three years. The D signings I’m a little bit confused

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I like the forwards we added. We’ve bitching about grit and being pushed around for the past three years. The D signings I’m a little bit confused
I'm at the front of the "get tougher" bandwagon but this team had scoring problems with RV in the lineup but at least had two dangerous lines with him in the lineup.

Byfield is going to have to thrive at center since his departure from wing with 11/9 makes that line worse.

Clarke is going to have to be allowed to cook as well.

Look at the goaltending duo. Yikes.

This is a roster that had a lot of trouble beating playoff teams last season but feasted on the garbage teams. Expecting more of the same but now with more trouble against the garbage teams which makes the Kings a garbage team.

This has all the makings of a team in the upper 80s to low 90s in points, drafting in the early teens next year: just where they were when the Bluc de tat occurred.

Reactions: tbrown33

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
If you think it was Blake behind this signing, you are not paying attention. Or willfully ignorant.

I'm going to let you guess who was the GM who signed him in Montreal, I'm going to let you guess why our next GM traded him for a used tire and for the last guess, who was behind the Dubois and Edmy signing.

You got a problem...sorry
Oh look another delusional Habs fan that just wants to say “I told you so”. We had hit rock bottom before him. There is a video out that Dubois was actually Luc’s idea and then he persuaded Blake but Habs fans wouldn’t know that since they love living in their own world.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
One forward...one. TJ is definitely a big, grit, tough guy. Beyond him, we did NOT add any toughness/grit at forward.

On D, Burroughs brings it -- but he's not playing (expect for Ontario). On D we added Clarke/Edmun and subtracted Roy/Englund. We got less tough on D...maybe by a lot. But obviously we're hoping Clarke makes up for that elsewhere though.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Right. None of them were brought in as projects who all got hurt for significant chunks of their first seasons here.

I just don’t have time to suffer your bad faith nonsense when there’s enough about the Kings to keep me busy.

You’ve been around here long enough as I said before. Your act has gone from cute “awe I’m just playing devils advocate” contrarian to just trolling for reactions with berserk takes

I think you know better then to compare— just as two of your terrible examples Willie Mitchell to Joel edmundson or Justin Williams to Tanner Jeannot independent of both team and individual context —But whether you do or don’t, it’s pretty clear that no amount of explanation would be productive since you don’t give a shit and you’re just gonna kick over the board anyway

Ad

Ad

Ad