Rumor: Kings rebranding with a new logo?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Here’s your new old logo, yay. Snooze.

As a product of that era it has some nostalgia but I find it boring.

Retro purple and gold jerseys are still the best look.

Reactions: ru4reals

bland

Jul 1, 2004
When Dean Lombardi won some cups, I have zero recollection of what the team’s branding was. Every time I think of branding now, it seems like the marketing department is pushing stuff during a known loser season.
Heading into last season we had a discussion here about things we wanted to change and I posted a theory about how they needed to change their on-ice and off-ice identity.

One of the things I included was a breakdown about the various branding changes and how they almost always occurred in the same time intervals throughout teams history and how they were due for one now.

This isn't what I was hoping would happen.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Heading into last season we had a discussion here about things we wanted to change and I posted a theory about how they needed to change their on-ice and off-ice identity.

One of the things I included was a breakdown about the various branding changes and how they almost always occurred in the same time intervals throughout teams history and how they were due for one now.

This isn't what I was hoping would happen.
this was two years im the making

im sure it isnt what they hoped would happen either

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
As someone who doesn't even hate the logo, two years for this result is a joke. Some people robbed the Kings of a lot of money milking slight changes

Reactions: funky

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I always liked the purple in the Kings early 2000s jersey. I think purple yellow is mad corny and the Kings need to seriously hop off the lakers nuts at this point so I’m glad it isn’t the purple yellows.

Black silver and purple would have been nice but it seems like they did very minimal to change the jerseys.

The secondary crown is sick

The Lakers took the Purple and Gold from the Kings(well Cooke changed the colors). The Lakers colors were originally blue and white, you know cause lakes.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I always liked the purple in the Kings early 2000s jersey. I think purple yellow is mad corny and the Kings need to seriously hop off the lakers nuts at this point so I’m glad it isn’t the purple yellows.

Black silver and purple would have been nice but it seems like they did very minimal to change the jerseys.

The secondary crown is sick
Same. I LOVED the Black and Purple for the Kings. There’s these concept jerseys I saved from a few years ago cause I thought they were sleek!

IMG_6351.jpeg

IMG_6352.jpeg

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The 2000's era crown is shit compared to the older one. The black and purple jerseys sucked...too dark. The dark purple needs a light color to make it pop.

Just my opinion though since it is all preference. I've preferred the whites since the Gretzky rebrand all the way to the present over the black jerseys and, of course, they used to be the home whites before the league changed that sometime in the '00s. Black as the dominant color is too dull while the whites--while still dull to some--are flashy to me. Like, white jeans or white shoes are much more of a statement than their black counterparts. I wish they would go back to the white ones at home. Dress whites, am I right?

If they wanted to go purple but not have the gold, purple/silver/white would be an option with the home/dark jersey being purple.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
It reminds me of how we went from the longer, angular Christopher Nolan bat signal to the more rotund Zack Snyder bat signal. This new one looks a little cartoony.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Can't go wrong with Kiefer narrating. The mans got a solid voice.:thumbu:
The script dialog is kind of terrible though. A bunch words and phrases put together that are supposed to sound cool but make no sense.

"Legacy moves us forward." This means nothing. It's gobbledygook.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I just want some color...

But as a reminder of that other time in King's history when the franchise chronically underperformed, routinely made terrible trades, and squandered assets in a desperate attempt to salvage the last productive years of a dwindling superstars' career... this seems perfect?
I was just thinking this the other day. The Gretz era jersey's are easily my favorite design, but I associate them with a bunch of shit things, a Pavlonian response to mediocrity and losing in the Finals. On the other hand, Easy E.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
The Kings have this fascination with going back to a time that just doesn’t exist anymore. 2024 sucks compared to 1988. The coke isn’t pure, gas costs over 5 bucks, the Russians are invading countries not pulling out and now the women are men. Maybe Blake will channel his inner McMaster because he’s not even close to Beverly with his SC finals appearance or Vachon’s 7 playoff appearances and 1 division title.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
I was a little disappointed, if your going to rebrand do something new and fresh, not rehash and tweak same. Stop living in past. There are other ways to celebrate the past. Look towards the future. Not suprising . Just spitballing, but how about a king on the a throne, there has to be something different not the same old same old

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad