Rumor: Kings rebranding with a new logo?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
I think it looks great as an updated version, I always loved that logo. I understand it's disappointing for those that wanted something new, we'll have to wait longer for that. I'm thrilled the home plate is finally gone, the only good thing about those is that we won the cup x2 in them.

Reactions: FrozenKing18

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I always liked the purple in the Kings early 2000s jersey. I think purple yellow is mad corny and the Kings need to seriously hop off the lakers nuts at this point so I’m glad it isn’t the purple yellows.

Black silver and purple would have been nice but it seems like they did very minimal to change the jerseys.

The secondary crown is sick

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Hopefully this is like the PLD trade and only lasts one year

Does Luc only see in black-and-white?

The logo doesn’t bother me so much, I just want to see some color in the jerseys. Use the black and white with the Chevy logo to honor the past as third jerseys. Purple and Gold jerseys the last few years have been some of the modest ever
I think their printer is broken or someone hasn't refilled the color in it -- only has black.

Reactions: funky

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
Really don't understand why the Kings think anyone wants a 3,306 word article (!) and a 1 hour 18 minute podcast (!!!) about their new logo

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Horrible font. The "KINGS" look so bunched up together.
I guess it's better than the current LA crest, but prefer the original chevy logo, and prefer the 2nd reverse retros over all of them.

Reactions: Reaper45

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I always liked the purple in the Kings early 2000s jersey. I think purple yellow is mad corny and the Kings need to seriously hop off the lakers nuts at this point so I’m glad it isn’t the purple yellows.

Black silver and purple would have been nice but it seems like they did very minimal to change the jerseys.

The secondary crown is sick
You do realize it’s the Lakers wearing the Kings colors right? Not the other way around.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
IMG_0398.jpeg

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
A bag full of dog shit is still a bag full of dog shit, no matter what color the bag is or what design is printed on the bag.

Change the front office if you really want a re-brand.

Reactions: Reaper45

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Stars fan coming in to say that the logo rebrand was much needed. Always loved the Gretzky era logo and this is a good update. Now if only the Stars could do the same and go back to our old logo.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I like it and yes it’s nostalgic because whilst I became a Kings fan before Gretzky it was only on paper due to lack of access to games in the UK. So it was only when Gretzky arrived did I see the Kings.

I think the logo is good, but with any logo it will be defined by the platform it is given which in this case is the shirts. Given this is a major change, hopefully it’ll come with shirts that have Forum Blue in them - it does not even have to be a main colour. I like the Black, White, Silver jerseys but I’m over them now and some colour is needed.

The Home plate logo was never great and at least I can buy merch again (edit: to clarify I’d stopped buying merch as I was sick of the home plate).

Last edited:
Reactions: King'sPawn

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
costumes, dolls, Harry Potter. What the eff has happened to kings fans. The days of McSorley banging fat chicks in the back of a pink Suzuki Samurai are sadly long gone.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
You do realize it’s the Lakers wearing the Kings colors right? Not the other way around.
Well technically yes, but the purple (fourm blue) and gold are known for the Lakers. Cooke adopted the Kings colors to the Lakers in 1967 as he owned both teams and wanted them to be the same. But ask any sports fan around the world who's team is purple and gold and they would say the Lakers.

I like that the Kings are different colors from the Lakers and Sparks. I don't want to be like Pittsburgh with all teams matching.

Reactions: kingsfan28

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
We need a slogan update to go along with the rebrand: Integrity = Passion = Family
Bad Signings- Worse Trades- Country Club Forever

Or an even better motto We always hit on 20!

When Dean Lombardi won some cups, I have zero recollection of what the team’s branding was. Every time I think of branding now, it seems like the marketing department is pushing stuff during a known loser season.
Park and Ride!

You don’t have to sell a winning team just a shit team that doesn’t win!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad