Kings protection list leaks

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Clifford did not play in the game that was after the game that had Iginla vs Engelland and McNabb vs Tkachuk. Andreoff played in that game and it was relatively quiet game, which was disappointing. If I am the Kings I make Tkachuk pay every time I play him.

Nolan is the one who seems like he doesn't want to be a tough guy at this level, which is disappointing since he is the best fighter on the team. He would never do what Clifford did and fight Bieska and Boll in the same game. I've seen Nolan line up with guys like Reaves and not even look at him.

Andreoff wants the role, he is just more a middle weight and I think opposition would rather fight Clifford or Nolan than some no name 2nd or 3rd year player like AA. Remember that game where Andreoff tried to fight Folingo and he wouldn't fight him and instead went with Clifford. I feel like AA is always nervous he is going to do something wrong and get scratched, when I used to watch him at rookie camps he dominated offensively and fought and was a leader.

If the Kings deal Clifford and Stevens plays Andreoff I think he will surprise fans.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
My take on best case scenario for Kings:

Lewis = keep, for all the reasons already given, must admit he makes some great plays offensively

Muzzin = keep, last year was an abberation, most of team under achieved last year, he's a legit #2D, put him and Doughty back together

Martinez = keep, but consider for trade bait, even if not until trade deadline, especially if Forbert, Gravel and Ladue thrive, which I believe they will, Kings one position where can deal from stregth

Shore = keep, even entice LV to take someone else if it comes to that, solid all around and has more offense to give with new team system , the Stoll replacement

McNabb, Dowd = expendable, one to LV and other for trade

Clifford = trade, change of scenery needed for him and Kings

Nolan, Andreoff = Kings need to move on, trade

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Clifford did not play in the game that was after the game that had Iginla vs Engelland and McNabb vs Tkachuk. Andreoff played in that game and it was relatively quiet game, which was disappointing. If I am the Kings I make Tkachuk pay every time I play him.

Nolan is the one who seems like he doesn't want to be a tough guy at this level, which is disappointing since he is the best fighter on the team. He would never do what Clifford did and fight Bieska and Boll in the same game. I've seen Nolan line up with guys like Reaves and not even look at him.

Andreoff wants the role, he is just more a middle weight and I think opposition would rather fight Clifford or Nolan than some no name 2nd or 3rd year player like AA. Remember that game where Andreoff tried to fight Folingo and he wouldn't fight him and instead went with Clifford. I feel like AA is always nervous he is going to do something wrong and get scratched, when I used to watch him at rookie camps he dominated offensively and fought and was a leader.

If the Kings deal Clifford and Stevens plays Andreoff I think he will surprise fans.

It's definitely time for Clifford to move on. Too expensive when they're are cheaper options already around in Nolan and Andreoff.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013

Alright so I'm not going crazy then Ziggy. :laugh:

Jul 31, 2005
CA
He did not play in the next to last home game v. Calgary. Kings didn't even sneeze in Tkachuk's direction that night in front of their own fans. Sad!

I really believe a lot of King players wanted Sutter gone. The energy on the ice on most nights as the season wore on seemed like a team that had quit on the coach and a coach who had quit on the players.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I really believe a lot of King players wanted Sutter gone. The energy on the ice on most nights as the season wore on seemed like a team that had quit on the coach and a coach who had quit on the players.

Fully agree. It's really one of the only things we can pin our hopes on for next year is that last season was just a toss away and these guys will play better.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Fully agree. It's really one of the only things we can pin our hopes on for next year is that last season was just a toss away and these guys will play better.

Well hey at least we have something. Because next year, if this fails, we've got nothing.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
If I was LV, I would take Dowd. The team is building for the future, and Dowd's potential is still untapped. Lewis is a reliable 3rd liner, but he is not going to be any better than he is now.

I believe Dowd is not a choice for them due to his contract status.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

Not sure that he knows his ass from his elbow, but wasnt rosen or someone speculating that dowd was a good option for vegas? I dont see it personally, the guy had a trick or two up his sleeve and looked quite creative, but nothing special. Id rather lose him than shore or lewis.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Dowd's problem is his play in his end of the ice. He wasn't very dependable there. However, he does have something many on the team lack, which is some creativity. Not sure if that's going to translate to any success for him down the road, but he's got some talent that could make him attractive to some teams. Plus he's cheap and a low risk, so I could see someone taking a chance, like Philly did with Weal.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Dowd's problem is his play in his end of the ice. He wasn't very dependable there. However, he does have something many on the team lack, which is some creativity. Not sure if that's going to translate to any success for him down the road, but he's got some talent that could make him attractive to some teams. Plus he's cheap and a low risk, so I could see someone taking a chance, like Philly did with Weal.

Dowd was Terrible 5v5 everywhere on the ice, a good portion of his points came on the PP.

Shore is a much stronger player in all areas (doesn't get PP time)

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Dowd can 100% be taken. Any pending UFA or RFA not protected by the team is eligible for the expansion draft. Vegas has 2 days (currently on right now) to negotiate with any player in that situation right now as well.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

He stopped being that guy after he got suspended. He seems more worried about getting another one that he's become all but useless when he's on the ice.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
He stopped being that guy after he got suspended. He seems more worried about getting another one that he's become all but useless when he's on the ice.

I honestly think Sutter neutered him and AA big time. Any time they did something Sutter didn't like they'd be healthy scratches for multiple games in a row. Clifford, like King, were Sutter favorites and could do no wrong.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I honestly think Sutter neutered him and AA big time. Any time they did something Sutter didn't like they'd be healthy scratches for multiple games in a row. Clifford, like King, were Sutter favorites and could do no wrong.

Nolan's problem is he can't stay on the ice. Significant injuries the last two seasons have kept him off the ice.

That has nothing to do with Sutter.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
He did not play in the next to last home game v. Calgary. Kings didn't even sneeze in Tkachuk's direction that night in front of their own fans. Sad!

Yes I was at that game, terrible.

Tkachuk still has not received a beating for what he did. Falling over in a fight with McNabb is nothing.

In terms of offense, I think Andreoff has more potential than Clifford or Nolan. If all three end up on the roster come opening day I'm sure one of these guys were play different under Stevens and take the role from the other 2.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
If all three of Nolan, Clifford and AA are on the opening night roster it will be a disappointment.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
If all three of Nolan, Clifford and AA are on the opening night roster, it will be a disappointment if they aren't all on a line together for the first puck drop.

Fixed it for you haha.

I don't expect all of them to make the opening night roster. Would be a little surprising if they are all in the organization come opening night.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Yes I was at that game, terrible.

Tkachuk still has not received a beating for what he did. Falling over in a fight with McNabb is nothing.

In terms of offense, I think Andreoff has more potential than Clifford or Nolan. If all three end up on the roster come opening day I'm sure one of these guys were play different under Stevens and take the role from the other 2.

In terms of dollars, age and lack of upside Clifford is the obvious target to be dealt. I'd like to see what Andreoff and Nolan could do on the 4th line away from Sutter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad