T. Enstrom/R. Murray
A. McQuaid

Extra: X. Quellett/T. van Riemsdyk/B. Davidson/G. Reinhart

MAF
A. Raanta
P. Grubauer

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Lots of people forgetting to pencil in Vadim Shipachyov who'll most likely be Vegas's #1 Center.

Unless they do something stupid like picking Staal over Dumba/Scandella.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Lots of people forgetting to pencil in Vadim Shipachyov who'll most likely be Vegas's #1 Center.

Unless they do something stupid like picking Staal over Dumba/Scandella.

I just did straight expansion. I think the starting line up will have a few tweaks after trades and free agency.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I somewhat agree. There are plenty of similar players out there; Moore, Winnik, Cizikas, Stajan, Helm, White, Eakin, etc. Won't be hard finding a replacement.

TL: 2 million/year

Moore bounces from team to team and can't do anything at all up the lineup. Winnik is older than lewis and making 2.25. Cizikas 3.35. Stajan 3.125. Helm 3.85. Cody Eakin is getting run out of Dallas and making 3.85.

On the contrary, given what TL brings, he's more underrated than anything. If bottom sixers are so overrated/run of the mill, why did this board consistently **** on them all year and whine that we weren't getting more production out of them (when Damacles and I repeatedly showed how much of a myth that was)? And now we want to be rid of one of the only truly competent all-situations players we have? Trevor Lewis is enough of a swiss army knife that team USA nearly had him aboard. I can't believe that I have to go to bat for him here, but those salaries posted should show just how delusional we've become about the worth of a good depth player.

Hint: Trevor Lewis' money is not the problem, and we're gonna miss the **** out of him if he gets picked.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
He was hiding inside Dwight King's skate.

Dwight who? Must of missed him too.

In all seriousness I am always all over Lewis and his 2 million a year contract but I am more upset on Sutter using him on the top 6. I love his speed and fire heck and would love to see him in the bottom 6 and PK all year. I think we lose him. He would be an awesome leader in Vegas.

I just wish I knew the cost for Vegas to take Brown or Gabby. I would imagine it starts with a first and a
Top prospect.

I am crossing fingers it's Clifford.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
What game was he scratched for? He played in both the game Tkachuk took a run at Doughty in and the rematch afterwards.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201703190CGY.html

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201703290CGY.html

It's not that difficult to look it up for yourself.

Why don't I remember him playing in that game? All I remember is Doughty getting nailed and Andreoff coming over to give him a dirty glove.

And Muzzin backing down from him of course.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
TL: 2 million/year

Moore bounces from team to team and can't do anything at all up the lineup. Winnik is older than lewis and making 2.25. Cizikas 3.35. Stajan 3.125. Helm 3.85. Cody Eakin is getting run out of Dallas and making 3.85.

On the contrary, given what TL brings, he's more underrated than anything. If bottom sixers are so overrated/run of the mill, why did this board consistently **** on them all year and whine that we weren't getting more production out of them (when Damacles and I repeatedly showed how much of a myth that was)? And now we want to be rid of one of the only truly competent all-situations players we have? Trevor Lewis is enough of a swiss army knife that team USA nearly had him aboard. I can't believe that I have to go to bat for him here, but those salaries posted should show just how delusional we've become about the worth of a good depth player.

Hint: Trevor Lewis' money is not the problem, and we're gonna miss the **** out of him if he gets picked.

It's Pointless Raccoon.

People have convinced themselves that Every single NHL team is littered with 20 Goal scorers in their bottom six(making 1 million to boot) (Except the Kings).

Kings still haven't replaced Jarret Stoll, but it's easy right ?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Why don't I remember him playing in that game? All I remember is Doughty getting nailed and Andreoff coming over to give him a dirty glove.

Andreoff did more than Clifford and his stern taking to Tkachuk in the pre game skate.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Clifford got his rings and his money, he has no incentive to play like he used to play, especially with his concussion history.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Here's how I see it.

Clifford - Embraces his role as the "tough guy", he's a leader but overpaid. Not much room to grow though management likes him the most out of the 3.

Nolan - More of a pest that can throw big hits when he wants to, invisible most nights. Did not have a great relationship with Sutter I feel like.

Andreoff - Has shown flashes that he can be more than just a fighter; but way too inconsistent. I don't think he really wants to be an enforcer/tough guy either.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

AA got tossed before he could do anything. He, along with Forbort tried to go after him but Tkchuck hid and turtled behind the ref. He wouldn't fight either Cliffy or AA, but had no problem lining up against Muzzin on the first shift and had his gloves off before Muzzin looked up.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
It's weird to me that Lewis, Clifford, McNabb, and to an extent Shore, Dowd, and even Muzzin, Martinez get dumped on so much here, but are otherwise viewed favorably in the hockey world. For example, is Lewis that grossly overpaid for what he does or is he that valuable for what he does you don't want to lose him.

Yup, amazing. One mention of clifford kicking ass and the knives come out.

He used to be one of the toughest in the league until reaves killed him.

Perhaps a combination of getting flattened, getting paid, getting old and having kids changed his priorities, but i wouldnt be surprised if sutter reigned everyone in with his even keel mindset.

It will be interesting to see if stevens turns everything back up a notch or two in the agro department. La was at its best when we were flattening people and in their faces instead of dancing around the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad