Kings News: Kings at Dodger Stadium in 2013-2014 - Done Deal

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'll be there. I'll try to wear those shoes too so I am easy to find

I'll try to find you then ;)

I am like 99% I am coming down for this game (my first time in LA!). The question is whether I can stay for a Thursday/Friday/Monday/Tuesday game at Staples Centre. I have never been there so I would LOVE to be at a game at Staples as well. Hell I may even go to a Lakers game if they are playing (not a basketball fan myself, but I would go for the atmosphere + canadian semi-hero Steve Nash).

Captain Mittens*

I am like 99% I am coming down for this game (my first time in LA!). The question is whether I can stay for a Thursday/Friday/Monday/Tuesday game at Staples Centre.
If you are asking for permission, I grant you permission!

I am cool like that

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Face Wash ate my hands.

145613878_10.jpg

Hey, I warned you, I'll eat the ass out of a dead rhinoceros you lather enough Sweet Baby Ray's on it! :naughty:

Captain Mittens*

Hey, I warned you, I'll eat the ass out of a dead rhinoceros you lather enough Sweet Baby Ray's on it! :naughty:

Sweet Baby Rays is good eatin'

Be sure to wear your bodysuit for the Winter Classic so Holden Caulfield can find you

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I'd consider flying back to Cali to see this but I've been to an outdoor game. Meh. Not worth it at all.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sweet Baby Rays is good eatin'

Be sure to wear your bodysuit for the Winter Classic so Holden Caulfield can find you

You are now commited Fash Wash :D

I'd consider flying back to Cali to see this but I've been to an outdoor game. Meh. Not worth it at all.

:p: You suck ;)

Gotta convince kingsfan to come down with me, we can have a Manitoba contingent at this game :yo:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I was at the Heritage Classic in Calgary between Habs and Flames. It was basically the coldest day of the year, EVERY ****ING ATM IN THE PLACE RAN OUT OF CASH, couldn't use debit anywhere to buy stuff to warm up, and our view was obstructed. Views just flat out aren't good in non hockey arenas. It's cool to do once but I probably wouldn't do it again.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I was at the Heritage Classic in Calgary between Habs and Flames. It was basically the coldest day of the year, EVERY ****ING ATM IN THE PLACE RAN OUT OF CASH, couldn't use debit anywhere to buy stuff to warm up, and our view was obstructed. Views just flat out aren't good in non hockey arenas. It's cool to do once but I probably wouldn't do it again.

Meh if you are fellow Canadian (which I think you are) I don't think LA winter temperatures are going to bother you :laugh:

Honestly, I just want to go LA. I have been a Kings fan my whole life and never been to LA. It's way past time I go. This is as good an excuse as any.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Meh if you are fellow Canadian (which I think you are) I don't think LA winter temperatures are going to bother you :laugh:

Honestly, I just want to go LA. I have been a Kings fan my whole life and never been to LA. It's way past time I go. This is as good an excuse as any.

Not Canadian. Born and raised outside of San Fran (Sharks territory. Kill me). Moved to Calgary for one year. Now moving to New Hampshire. I understand wanting to go to LA to see games...but man I don't like LA. Was looking at schools down there and just didn't feel it at all. I spent basically every weekend of my childhood driving to LA to play tournaments and tier league games. Just not for me. But I totally get it for you and I wish you the best.

Hopefully you can get out to Staples too. Pretty fun experience, although it's pretty quiet and chants don't last long.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
I was at the Heritage Classic in Calgary between Habs and Flames. It was basically the coldest day of the year,

WTF is cold? Cold to us is like mid 50's. It's only been about freezing a couple times in my memory. This is LA, point is invalid. :p:

EVERY ****ING ATM IN THE PLACE RAN OUT OF CASH, couldn't use debit anywhere to buy stuff to warm up,

Ref: to above answer, You'll just need beer money. Point might be Valid. :dunno:

and our view was obstructed. Views just flat out aren't good in non hockey arenas. It's cool to do once but I probably wouldn't do it again.

I think the stadium views will be okay but you might want to stay away from the nose bleeds. Point might be Valid. :dunno:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Not Canadian. Born and raised outside of San Fran (Sharks territory. Kill me). Moved to Calgary for one year. Now moving to New Hampshire. I understand wanting to go to LA to see games...but man I don't like LA. Was looking at schools down there and just didn't feel it at all. I spent basically every weekend of my childhood driving to LA to play tournaments and tier league games. Just not for me. But I totally get it for you and I wish you the best.

Hopefully you can get out to Staples too. Pretty fun experience, although it's pretty quiet and chants don't last long.

Haha, San Fran or San Jose is where I want to move. Lots of tech and computer software fields down that area, which is what I am studying to go into.

Just never been down there, LA is a great tourist destination though, cannot wait too head down there :D

I will be flying to LA for this game if I can get tickets.

Awesome. My vote is that Live in the Now organizes the HF PARTY!?!?!!!! :D

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
WTF is cold? Cold to us is like mid 50's. It's only been about freezing a couple times in my memory. This is LA, point is invalid. :p:

Ref: to above answer, You'll just need beer money. Point might be Valid. :dunno:

I think the stadium views will be okay but you might want to stay away from the nose bleeds. Point might be Valid. :dunno:

I believe it was -45 C with the wind chill that night. It was BRUUUTAL. I was just explaining my experience :P

I couldn't buy more beer. Or hand warmers. Or hot cocoa. Cause none of the vendors took credit or debit and again, every ATM was either out of cash or broken. Seriously. Brutal.

I would like to give one HUGE piece of advice for anyone going to this game...well two. First off, do NOT buy tickets too low. You won't be able to see over the boards. Upper lower bowl is best. But the big key and its what ****ed me over is you need to learn where the announcers are. At the Heritage Classic, they had huge scaffolding tower like things and the announcers/cameras were at the top of them. Make sure these are not blocking your view or you're paying to watch a game on the jumbotron.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Haha, San Fran or San Jose is where I want to move. Lots of tech and computer software fields down that area, which is what I am studying to go into.

Just never been down there, LA is a great tourist destination though, cannot wait too head down there :D

Please, please do. The Bay Area is absolutely amazing. I see myself in one of two places after school (and law school too) - Boston or back in the Bay. My dad works in Silicon Valley and has forever. We know people all over. Know high ups in Apple, Microsoft, Sony, etc.

If you do move here, you should message me. I'll tell you where's the best places to live and a lot of cool **** in the bay. Just one public warning - don't ever go to Oakland. Just don't. If you fly there, get in your car, lock it, and drive fast. I'm not overreacting. That city is ****.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Please, please do. The Bay Area is absolutely amazing. I see myself in one of two places after school (and law school too) - Boston or back in the Bay. My dad works in Silicon Valley and has forever. We know people all over. Know high ups in Apple, Microsoft, Sony, etc.

If you do move here, you should message me. I'll tell you where's the best places to live and a lot of cool **** in the bay. Just one public warning - don't ever go to Oakland. Just don't. If you fly there, get in your car, lock it, and drive fast. I'm not overreacting. That city is ****.

:laugh: Funniest thing the place I always wanted to move since I was kid was Boston. LOVE that city. With the companies out in silicon valley San Jose/San Francisco has quickly become my favourite city in the past 2 years though. Kinda funny that we both target same cities. Seattle/Portland is my 3rd choice. Love everything about the Bay area, LOADS of culture along with big city living and the mountains/outdoors not too far in northern Cali. Just seems SO perfect for me. I am for sure going to US when I graduate though. And I will be holding you to this, btw, I'll for sure talk to you before moving to San Jose :) Not too mention not all that far from LA for some Kings hockey (I am from Winnipeg where Minneapolis at 8 hour drive is close, so San Jose to Los Angeles does not seem so far to me :laugh:)

Heard so many bad things about Oakland, never really believed it was that bad :scared:.

Anyways, OT. Still holding LiTN to my promise of a HF boards party. He better deliver next January :D

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Even if I gotta be in the nosebleeds, this will be worth going to. Also worth the traffic nightmare that is Dodger Stadium.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
:laugh: Funniest thing the place I always wanted to move since I was kid was Boston. LOVE that city. With the companies out in silicon valley San Jose/San Francisco has quickly become my favourite city in the past 2 years though. Kinda funny that we both target same cities. Seattle/Portland is my 3rd choice. Love everything about the Bay area, LOADS of culture along with big city living and the mountains/outdoors not too far in northern Cali. Just seems SO perfect for me. I am for sure going to US when I graduate though. And I will be holding you to this, btw, I'll for sure talk to you before moving to San Jose :) Not too mention not all that far from LA for some Kings hockey (I am from Winnipeg where Minneapolis at 8 hour drive is close, so San Jose to Los Angeles does not seem so far to me :laugh:)

Heard so many bad things about Oakland, never really believed it was that bad :scared:.

Anyways, OT. Still holding LiTN to my promise of a HF boards party. He better deliver next January :D

Great minds think alike. ;)

My entire team was robbed at the Oakland Ice Rink. Then my friend witnessed two of his adult league teammates be robbed at gunpoint outside said arena. **** Oakland.

Back on the topic of hand, it'll be curious to see if this thing sells out. If it wasn't so late in January, I'd MAYBE consider going. But I'll be back at school I think. Just win please.

Captain Mittens*

My entire team was robbed at the Oakland Ice Rink. Then my friend witnessed two of his adult league teammates be robbed at gunpoint outside said arena. **** Oakland.

Why the **** were you in oakland? You should know better than that

devilinto

Jan 13, 2006
Im coming from toronto. Will tickets be hard to get? Im sure on the day there will be tonnes for sale?

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Im coming from toronto. Will tickets be hard to get? Im sure on the day there will be tonnes for sale?

I'm going to guess you should be able to find some. Even if you can't get them day one, people always re-sell tickets on CraigsList, TicketMaster, StubHub, etc. Plus if you turn to this board, there are a few people possibly who can help point you to the right place to get tickets.

Captain Mittens*

You in for the winter classic RP?

We should get a crowd together and bbq and polish off a keg in that park right by the stadium. Face Wash's baby back ribs used to beat up Chili's baby back ribs in high school. As our resident Latino, Buddy the elf will bring the carne and if were lucky, he'll make salsa again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad