Kings News: Kings acquire Tanner Jeanott from the Lightning

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
He had 14 minor penalties last season which is less than Dubois, Kempe, Fiala, Doughty, Laferierre, Byfield and Roy.

His penalty differential is better than Fiala, Doughty, and Matt Roy. Considering he's a tough guy those are really good numbers.
That may be true, but considering how the refs tend to treat the Kings like a baby treats a diaper, that number will most likely rise exponentially.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
The more I think about it the better I like this move. If Blake plans on playing players like Turcotte and Thomas, this is their protector. Both those guys play aggressive game but don’t have the bodies to back.

Last year fourth line was

Lewis - Lizotte- Grundstrum

This year

Thomas - Turcotte - Jeannot.

How did the saying go - younger stronger faster?

I wonder if one of the rookies gets played up a line or so and we bring in one more solid big fourth liner.

If Lizotte comes back, I really have no idea what we’re doing. I love those big strong physical fourth lines.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I like the player - but a 2nd and 4th for this guy 100% is an overpayment. You could get 270 hits from FA Clutterbuck for example if you just need a year of physicality. Id rather see Blake find an FA vs give away futures. The more picks you get the more chance of hitting the lotto... dont like giving away picks.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I like the player - but a 2nd and 4th for this guy 100% is an overpayment. You could get 270 hits from FA Clutterbuck for example if you just need a year of physicality. Id rather see Blake find an FA vs give away futures. The more picks you get the more chance of hitting the lotto... dont like giving away picks.
Don't underestimate the ability to actually step up and drop the gloves.

Clutterbucks last fighting major was in 2018 and before that was 2013. Again, if you wanted just hits go back and re-sign Grundstrom.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Don't underestimate the ability to actually step up and drop the gloves.

Clutterbucks last fighting major was in 2018 and before that was 2013. Again, if you wanted just hits go back and re-sign Grundstrom.
Understood.. I agree, but just using Clutter as an example. I just think we could find something in this list of FAs that meets the need and kept the picks and maybe pay same or less

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It’s a good deal whether or not Jeannot is lazy at times. It’s not like we lost anything and paying a lot for him. Very low risk and high reward

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I think the trade is ok. It’s two decent futures for one reclamation project. I don’t see a ton of risk. And it’s conceivable he’s a good bridge guy if the kids start to take over.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Never asked for grit. I want a significant change in the culture and the identity of the team. This is another band-aid on a, at this point in time, festering gunshot wound.
It's kind of an odd thing to complain about anyway. Yes, people want more physicality, but that doesn't mean we want them to make bad decisions.

It's like saying "you guys wanted center depth why are you complaining about PLD?" Sure, the issue was addressed, but that particular deal may be a bad one.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
It's kind of an odd thing to complain about anyway. Yes, people want more physicality, but that doesn't mean we want them to make bad decisions.

It's like saying "you guys wanted center depth why are you complaining about PLD?" Sure, the issue was addressed, but that particular deal may be a bad one.
how do we know its a bad decision? its a wait and see. if he plays anywhere int he middle of his time in nashville and tampa, then a 2nd round is an easy price to pay. some of you guys are acting like blake gave up what tampa gave up to get him.... guys are so blood thirsty to cry about everything.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Paid extra to add much needed grit and both those guys will fight. I am more than okay with this. I likeGrundy but so inconsistent and he will be getting a raise.
Here's the thing about "grit" and "fighting". In order for either of these guys to provide either of those things they need to be on the ice when something happens. To be on the ice when something happens, they have to be playing a decent amount.

Neither of these guys should be playing a decent amount over the other options that are available.

So great, the Kings are paying a whole bunch of money for two guys to go "oh, boy, I oughta" from the bench while the rest of the team continues to be soft.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Everyone is losing their shit over a 2nd pick in 2025, that is more than likely bottom half?

f*** I thought you guys had found everything to be pissed off over, and now this....
That’s why I’m ok with it. A second round pick is something like 30% (I can’t look it up rn) so it’s not the end of the world as a late on would be slightly worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad