Kings News: Kings acquire Tanner Jeanott from the Lightning

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
well-oh.gif
Haha. Still had 211 in 55 games.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kings have been way too easy to play against. And the playoffs prove that especially the Panthers and Oilers are tough teams while the Kings have “leaders” like Kopitar who doesn’t stand up for anyone.
Jeannot was a healthy scratch in the playoffs.

He's bottom 5% in the league in penalty differential. Meaning he's going to be giving the Oilers Power Plays. That's probably not a good thing.

Reactions: ultra63

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Kings have been way too easy to play against. And the playoffs prove that especially the Panthers and Oilers are tough teams while the Kings have “leaders” like Kopitar who doesn’t stand up for anyone.

Get the F off future first ballot hall of famer Anze Kopitar.

What you are requesting was never his game and everyone knows it.

Management needs to acquire the right players for the right jobs.

Another historical soft serve brown gem comment from the brown soft serve machine.

Utah seems to have called it again and knows the Kings better than any of the pundwits here not giving him credit.

I don't care about a 2nd and a fourth, Blake always picks his guy and make sure he bids what it takes to get him.

$2.65 and he has to prove it and he is gone, maybe with some others in the org., or he can walk.

Let's go Jeannot!

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
'Bad asset management'
I see this as Blake protecting his assets, like Clarke...if you recall Clarke getting grabbed and challenged by Mark Stone last pre-season...Brandt looked scared shttless...if Jeannot was on the ice that time, he would have gone right after Stone. and we've seen Clarke ran in Ontario as well as Turcotte.

When opponents know Jeannot is on the ice, less liberties will be taken. He dealt with some inhuries the last few yrs. I expect him to play well and make a difference....maybe you'll see the team play with more courage. The playoffs this year was thuggery unlike I've never seen before....continuous. I honeslty don't like that and it takes away from the game...but more and more, it's a tactic and used, to punk other teams best players. The Kings need an answer....hey, 211 hits in 55 games?
And a player that had 24 goals *more than Iafallo could ever score, with line 1 deployment with Kopi...and 41 pts...one more than beloeved PLD's 40 last year.

I love the deal. Brandt Clarke will not be lookiing over hos shoulder every shift. That alone, is worth giving up the 2nd. I don't want to see him punked all night and even possibly get injured. Clarke plays with some needless taunting and antics and he shouldn't...I thibk he will be doung less of that, as he needs to. But he now has much needed protection. And would lhave ove a healthy a Jeannot in 2022 playoffs, when Nurse headbutted Danault. No one stood up for Phil. Jeannot probably would have all but killed Nurse.

The best answer to this acquistion, is to ask King players how they feel, about adding Jeannot.
The Kings had Englund all of this past season and liberties were still taken.

Also lol. 24 goals? Yeah, 4 seasons ago. Claiming that season of 24 goals wasn't an aberration is a very very disingenuous argument.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Jeannot has some of the same issues as PLD.

He looks good on paper, he fits a certain prototype teams want, but he has motivation issues. He only plays hard when he feels like it.

If I was going to put a positive spin on this, I'd say he's in a contract year so he has every reason to be motivated so he can scam a gullible GM next off season.

If Blake gives him a blind extension he'll look like a true idiot.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
CAP UPDATE

ROSTER:
Fiala-XXXX-Kempe
XXXX-Kopitar-XXXX
Moore-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-Thomas-Jeannot
XXXX

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
XXXX-XXXX
Englund
Burroughs

Kuemper
Rittich

DEAD CAP:
Provorov 2.025M
Richards 700K
Overages 1.85M

RFAs:
Byfield
Spence
Portillo
Kaliyev
Lizotte

CAP SPACE = 18.047M

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Jeannot was a healthy scratch in the playoffs.

He's bottom 5% in the league in penalty differential. Meaning he's going to be giving the Oilers Power Plays. That's probably not a good thing.
He had 14 minor penalties last season which is less than Dubois, Kempe, Fiala, Doughty, Laferierre, Byfield and Roy.

His penalty differential is better than Fiala, Doughty, and Matt Roy. Considering he's a tough guy those are really good numbers.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
He had 14 minor penalties last season which is less than Dubois, Kempe, Fiala, Doughty, Laferierre, Byfield and Roy.

His penalty differential is better than Fiala, Doughty, and Matt Roy. Considering he's a tough guy those are really good numbers.
I mean, without looking at the stats, I’d be willing to bet that Fiala is among the league worst in penalty differential.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
If he plays 80 games, he should have 300 hits. That's over 100 more than Englund last year.

At a minimum, the entertainment value has increased.

It is hilarious that Blake spent all these assets going for it the last few years with such a soft roster that had no chance of playoff success and now he's addressing it with more miles on 11 and 8's tires.

As a STH'er, I'm ecstatic to have a big body that lives for hitting. Our crowd sucks but, to be fair, there isn't anything to cheer for except goals or a big save. Need higher temp games to get the crowd engaged.
Wait until we add Zadorov in a few days.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
We love our meme players with red flags lately. At the very least, this move has less risk despite the price and while likely an overpayment it isn't egregious. It'll be a controversial deal until we get a look at how he plays with this team. Feels like a costly underwhelming rental. Or he has a good season and is still a rental or we sign him to a deal we hold our breath on. It is hard to criticize the team for starting to add toughness and sandpaper though as that is a direction everyone has been wanting for some time.

Reactions: psych3man

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’m a little ambivalent about it

On one hand, it’s overpaying for a need that you should have addressed at some point in the last, oh, decade

On the other, this is literally exactly the guy some people were clamoring for. How often does that happen around here?

I absolutely doubt we are getting his Nashville 20% shooting version. To me he just needs to be himself, play simple, hit the f*** out of people. He’ll get his chances on what’s actually a pretty young fast skilled bottom six, just go out there and create space.

But the term is good and bad. If he sucks, what a waste, and he’s gone. If he’s great, we probably can’t afford him going forward.

Looking at this one in a vacuum it’s not awful. Looking at it with the big picture it fits the pattern of overpaying for vets to block the youth.

We’ll see. But my bar for Blake is set so god damn low right now he just needs to fog a mirror for me to go “oh wow you didn’t shit your pants today nice”
I agree with most of this but I’m not sure who he is blocking this coming season.

He’s filling a role nobody else can do. Heleinius (sp?) isn’t someone I want to see rushed as he’s still figuring out how to fight and he’s the only one he’d ‘maybe’ block although you could easily carry both long term if the situation arose.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
He was a -.45 P/60. That's worse than all 3 players you mentioned.

You know if you're worse than Fiala at putting your team on the PK that's not good.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
He was a -.45 P/60. That's worse than all 3 players you mentioned.

You know if you're worse than Fiala at putting your team on the PK that's not good.
I'm looking at overall penalty differential.

Penalties per/60 and Kevin Fiala is ranked 198th overall at just 1.05

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Which is pointless because he played less games and less minutes.

He generally sucks and has PLD syndrome.

Maybe he'll put in some effort in his contract year.
Yes because I'm sure you watched plenty of Tampa Bay Lightning games this year.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Yes because I'm sure you watched plenty of Tampa Bay Lightning games this year.
I have family in Tampa so by default they're one of my "second" teams. Outside of LA I probably watch Tampa, Toronto, Buffalo and Anaheim the most.

When Jeannot feels like playing he's good. Problem is, he doesn't always feel like it.

He was healthy scratched for a playoff game.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Which is pointless because he played less games and less minutes.

He generally sucks and has PLD syndrome.

Maybe he'll put in some effort in his contract year.
Where are you getting this lack of interest /effort theme from eye test?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad