8. Jakub Dvorak, LD (65.5%)
9. Ryan Conmy, RW (27.6%, tiebreaker)
10. Francesco Pinelli (52%)
11. Samuel Helenius (41.7%)
12. Jared Wright (42.3%)
13. Martin Chromiak (30.8%)
14. Andre Lee (30.8%)

"Prospect Roster"
Greentree (1) - Thomas (4) - Ziemmer (2)
Wright (12) - Pinelli (10) - Conmy (9)
Lee (14) - Helenius (11) - Chromiak (13)
LW - C - RW
LW - C - RW
F

Kirsanov (6) - D
Dvorak (8) - D
D - D
D - D

Slukynsky (3)
Portillo (5)
George (7)

If you are unfamiliar with how things go:

- I will begin with a list of 10 prospects who may not align perfectly with my exact top-10 list, but ones where I think there's more interest and enthusiasm.

- Your votes will be public, and you get one vote in the poll

- You are encouraged to mention who should go on the list next

- I won't vote on any of them, except if it's needed as a tiebreaker

- As always, discussion is half the fun, so feel free to talk it out.

- Feel free to use any criteria you want. It's your vote after all. Some general factors others have used: NHL readiness, upside, role, likelihood to make the NHL, tradability value, or any combination of the above factors.

- I'll start with 48-hour long polls, I'll eventually reduce it to 24 hours as the discussions and participation/voting decreases

- The criteria I am using for this particular poll is Calder Trophy eligibility. Please note there are plenty of other different criteria which can be used (ie, under 23, < 50 games played, etc). The list of those eligible to add will be at the bottom. Now, this criteria may be very strict and make the team look worse due to younger players who no longer match the criteria... but this is what I always use, and will stick with it due to continuity. These are the requirements for Calder Trophy eligibility:

1. Must be under 26 years old by September 15

2. Cannot have played more than 25 games in a single season OR at least 6 games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league

The following players were removed from last year's list last year due to making these criteria or no longer being part of the system:

Clarke, Brandt - D (Games Played)
Doyle, Braden - D (Not Signed)
Fagemo, Samuel - F (Games Played)
Laferriere, Alex - F (Games Played)
Markkanen, Juho - G (Not Signed)
Meehan, Ben - D (Not Signed)
Moverare, Jacob - D (Games Played)
Nousiainen, Kim - D (Not Signed)
Simontaival, Kasper - F (Not Signed)
Turcotte, Alex - F (Games Played)
Ward, Taylor - F (Age)

Here is the list of prospects eligible to be added (sorted alphabetically by last name).

Krygier, Cole - LD
Madden, Tyler - C
Shafigullin, Bulat - LW

Last edited:

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Gone Woolley but mostly because I don’t know how well Jamsen translates to the NA game. If his game translates then he’s going to make us look bad and becomes a top 10 prospect.

I love Woolley’s upside and the way he forced himself into a very good junior lineup. A player that can emerge despite effectively being a year behind in development impresses me. He is definitely a riser and plays the sort of game where late development shouldn’t be an issue long term. A brilliant swing to take.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Went Jamsen but echo @Statto 's thoughts on Woolley and I have Connors int hat same mix.

Add Madden
Agree with you and Statto. There are a couple I wouldn't have voted for yet, and others I would have voted in. Re: the three being discussed:

My biggest concern with Connors is how his production stagnated. Of course, production isn't everything - but as you supposedly move up in your peer group (particularly with non-pros), it's reasonable to expect either better production or a significantly better team. Neither really happened. They went up from 9th to 4th and from a first-round loss to a second-round loss.

Again, that's not necessarily his fault. And he's more of a bottom-six role-player. He's approaching his D+4 year, though, and while he has time, how he continues to grow will affect how the team sees and uses him.

Same with Jamsen, who finished his D+4 year. For a scorer, his scoring rate stagnated from last season. But he did have a big jump from D+2 to D+3 (0.18 pts/gm to 0.74 pts/gm). As mentioned by Statto, though, how well will that scoring translate to North America?

Woolley, while moving up the ranks is encouraging, also has a much smaller sample size.

After the top-5 is where I think there are more questions of NHL translatability, or ability to find a regular role yet. That's why these polls are fascinating. Especially when we consider the sad truth that only a handful of these players will even sniff 100-200+ NHL games played.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Gone Woolley but mostly because I don’t know how well Jamsen translates to the NA game. If his game translates then he’s going to make us look bad and becomes a top 10 prospect.

I love Woolley’s upside and the way he forced himself into a very good junior lineup. A player that can emerge despite effectively being a year behind in development impresses me. He is definitely a riser and plays the sort of game where late development shouldn’t be an issue long term. A brilliant swing to take.

Exactly what will happen with R2D2 Jamsen, spot on!

I think the LT came up with that name.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I’m all ears
I doubt you are anywhere near Andrew Siciliano ear level
491594618.0.jpg

1723513690308.png

I am guessing that you are, at best 1% ears

Last edited:

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Agree with you and Statto. There are a couple I wouldn't have voted for yet, and others I would have voted in. Re: the three being discussed:

My biggest concern with Connors is how his production stagnated. Of course, production isn't everything - but as you supposedly move up in your peer group (particularly with non-pros), it's reasonable to expect either better production or a significantly better team. Neither really happened. They went up from 9th to 4th and from a first-round loss to a second-round loss.

Again, that's not necessarily his fault. And he's more of a bottom-six role-player. He's approaching his D+4 year, though, and while he has time, how he continues to grow will affect how the team sees and uses him.

Same with Jamsen, who finished his D+4 year. For a scorer, his scoring rate stagnated from last season. But he did have a big jump from D+2 to D+3 (0.18 pts/gm to 0.74 pts/gm). As mentioned by Statto, though, how well will that scoring translate to North America?

Woolley, while moving up the ranks is encouraging, also has a much smaller sample size.

After the top-5 is where I think there are more questions of NHL translatability, or ability to find a regular role yet. That's why these polls are fascinating. Especially when we consider the sad truth that only a handful of these players will even sniff 100-200+ NHL games played.
Connors doesn't strike me as a guy who will ever produce a ton. The key for him is being defensively responsible and playing with an edge/physicality in the bottom 6. Not sure if he'll be a mostly career AHLer or if he'll emerge and having a Jordan Nolan type of career where he gets a few full seasons in the league.

Last edited:

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Voted Jamson, add Madden.

As far as Connors goes, I watch almost 0 Hockey East games so my opinion is limited. That said I can see him playing a bottom 6 role, but I think like others said, it hinges on him being a complete player. Defensively responsible, physical, able to play well alongside anybody.
He needs to prove his value as an interchangeable spare part to have a career in the NHL the way I see it.

This whole teir of guys from about 10 on the list and down have significant things that need to be worked on, and edges that need to be rounded off. Every guy left along with those 10-14 guys have a legit "they need to do X" statement attached to them. Any one of them can break out soon and move up the list if they can answer that question.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 3