KHL teams logos, jerseys and brands

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
TdkDNhg.jpg

Ugh, Khabarovsk Blackhawks :shakehead looks good though, but I like Spartak's old-fashioned jerseys better.

Last edited:

loppa*

because it is the same club, Dinamo Moscow has teams in Petersburg as well (MHL).

You haven't realized that the Dinamo logo is used by every single Dinamo club?

Okay, look, I am aware that teams are sometimes part of sport organizations/societies, in which there is for example almost the same or similar logo in say a variety of sports. But it is news to me that the sport society/organization would have teams in OTHER CITIES. That is very odd, to me.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Okay, look, I am aware that teams are sometimes part of sport organizations/societies, in which there is for example almost the same or similar logo in say a variety of sports. But it is news to me that the sport society/organization would have teams in OTHER CITIES. That is very odd, to me.

Welcome to Soviet Union where every country had its own SKA and Dynamo. In Lithuania we still have Žalgiris in both Kaunas and Vilnius, Jews have Maccabis all over the world.. Long story short, it isn't even that uncommon.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Not uncommon in North America either. For example, the Canadian Football League had for decades the Saskatchewan Roughriders & the Ottawa Roughriders. Ottawa eventually went into Receivership, recently re-born as the Ottawa Red-Blacks.... Ya, Red-Blacks... Whatever huh?

loppa*

Not uncommon in North America either. For example, the Canadian Football League had for decades the Saskatchewan Roughriders & the Ottawa Roughriders. Ottawa eventually went into Receivership, recently re-born as the Ottawa Red-Blacks.... Ya, Red-Blacks... Whatever huh?

But they did not have the same logo, did they? One thing is same name, and yeah okay, but same logo is worse.

{Mod}

Last edited by a moderator:

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I think the focal question for designers of Magnitka's logo was, "What should we do so that everyone would find this beautiful team repulsive and hate it?"

No other logical explanation I can find about it. Seriously, is this really what they "designed" for a team like this?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I think the focal question for designers of Magnitka's logo was, "What should we do so that everyone would find this beautiful team repulsive and hate it?"

No other logical explanation I can find about it. Seriously, is this really what they "designed" for a team like this?

The logo is not that bad, I personally like it and theres no denying that the new colour scheme is much sharper than the old.

loppa*

The logo is not that bad

It actually is that bad. That thing that resembles some demented fox, or fox on cocaine/drugs is not a nice logo.

Sadly when they were having the voting for logos, the other logos were also pretty horrible...

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Well, I believe that logo won the fans poll, so all the questions should be directed to the MMG fans

Fact of life that everyone has varying visual preferences and the closest you will ever get to proving whether something is aesthetically pleasing is by taking a vote, which is exactly what has been done. Further more, if you are one who thinks all logos in a vote are bad, then you are probably an outlier, one with extremely narrow preferences. So to say x is better than y is completely subjective.

loppa*

Can someone bring up a picture of the other logos which were candidates?

They were all horrible - worse than the one they picked, as far as I remember. It's been so long ago though.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
"Since 1955"? Really? Did they think the team would be moved to England or North America or what?

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Kuznya presented their new logo: the dead M, laying bleeding and asking reproachfully: "Who stabbed me? Why have we sold Kaprizov? Why am I so ugly?".

f5e80fe4cc00.jpg

http://metallurg-nk.ru/club/news/1346/

I mean, yeah, the previous logo was trash too, but at least it was old school. I almost want to post a poll: what's uglier, Kuznya or Lada new letter?

rue4c588f1b9a.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad