Kevyn Adams GM thread

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
They need (and have needed for years) a white-washing of the hockey department. Pegula needs to get over the fantasy that he needs to be able to share his input and stop keeping the franchise hostage based on his selfish desires.

Someone with massive credibility needs to be brought in as a president. Dave Poile comes to mind. Lure him out of retirement with $, and give him full autonomy and budget to build the organization from the top down.

Kevyn Adams was and always will be a joke hire. It was a guy who is willing to lower himself to implement pegulas ideas in exchange for skipping every step needed on the way of becoming an nhl general manager. Many of the other guys in the front office are a joke and wouldn't be able to obtain the same level position elsewhere in the nhl.

Pegula (and adams) really feel they are close to cracking this code of making the playoffs (which seems to have become the low standard of excellence here, which is sad). I believe adams is here for multiple years at a minimum. If the fans and media demand blood, they will go with forton or jakubowski as GM and appert as head coach.

I think there is a greater chance the sabres move in the next 5 years than Pegula figure this out.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Stillman was traded for on Feb 27, Greenway was the TDL acquisition and they were 4 points out of a wild card at the TDL.
So like I said. No help at all. Greenway was a trainwreck when he came in here.

I am not sure what you re posting dates for. I never said Stillman was acquired at the deadline.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Whether it's organizational moves or roster moves it's been the same routine under KA - do the least possible while spending around as little as possible. I'm sure Pegula has influence over this regardless of just how much. It doesn't matter, the result is that this organization continues to be asleep at the wheel, and on-ice success is hopeless without an ownership change or a complete overhaul of the front office.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don’t know if we can blame Pegula though. He’s eating 30 million from Stefon Diggs

We can and should blame Pegula. He's been at the helm for this, the worst stretch in franchise history. Yes, there were flaws when he took over but the guy seems like he's chronically made the wrong decision after wrong decision regarding the Sabres. He hasn't lucked into a combo of coach and GM like he did for the Bills, just keeps flailing away.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
We can and should blame Pegula. He's been at the helm for this, the worst stretch in franchise history. Yes, there were flaws when he took over but the guy seems like he's chronically made the wrong decision after wrong decision regarding the Sabres. He hasn't lucked into a combo of coach and GM like he did for the Bills, just keeps flailing away.
Perhaps even that is beginning to unravel before our eyes.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Sorry meant more for being cheap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad