Proposal: Kessel to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Rongos don’t need another winger. Already have Kreider Laf Kakko Panarin Goodrow Blais. Arizona looking to add futures not send them out.

Reactions: banks

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
If we retained 50% on Kessel, bringing him down to 3.4aav, could we send a lesser pick?
I'm OK with Kessel (50%) + Van/NYI 2nd for Kravtsov. I might be willing to give a higher second depending on the situation between NY and Kravtsov. He plays a game I think BA would appreciate but I also imagine BA will want him in Tucson with the goal of dominating the league and further bulking up.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Kessel (retention if necessary) and Hayton (and change) for Kravtsov and Hajek (and change) is probably a best case scenario
I don't know if Hayton would be in play here. BA just got done telling the community that Hayton worked his tail off this last summer and really impressed BA with his progress. That doesn't make Hayton untouchable in any way but one of the key values BA has verbalized is hard work, something Hayton apparently just demonstrated.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't know if Hayton would be in play here. BA just got done telling the community that Hayton worked his tail off this last summer and really impressed BA with his progress. That doesn't make Hayton untouchable in any way but one of the key values BA has verbalized is hard work, something Hayton apparently just demonstrated.
And that’s fine too but the Rangers can’t just get a rental Kessel back either.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
And that’s fine too but the Rangers can’t just get a rental Kessel back either.
What would NY be seeking in a Kravtsov deal? They don't seem to have much in the way of holes for a team on the other side of their rebuild. My thought would be an NHL player that doesn't block the kids but helps the team reach and possibly excel in the playoffs (not necessarily Kessel). Would that be an accurate assumption or do NY fans see a clear hole or player they want to upgrade where Kravtsov would be part of a package for?

Eichel is obviously someone NY had/has interest in but he's special in a way most players are not. Is there a spot that needs to be filled by someone more common?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What would NY be seeking in a Kravtsov deal? They don't seem to have much in the way of holes for a team on the other side of their rebuild. My thought would be an NHL player that doesn't block the kids but helps the team reach and possibly excel in the playoffs (not necessarily Kessel). Would that be an accurate assumption or do NY fans see a clear hole or player they want to upgrade where Kravtsov would be part of a package for?

Eichel is obviously someone NY had/has interest in but he's special in a way most players are not. Is there a spot that needs to be filled by someone more common?
Probably a guy like Hayton who may have the perception that they need a change of scenery. Kravtsov isn’t going to be the centerpiece of a trade for a star after this so the Rangers need to find someone in a similar situation/age group/contract status to make a good dance partner. Preferably a center but there isn’t exactly a great recent history of wingers being dealt for equivalent centers value wise.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hayton and Kravtsov are equal in value. Kessel at 50% has much more value than Hajek.
That’s why it says ‘and change’. Arizona is one of the few teams that can take on some of the extra Rangers contracts and provide a change of scenery player that makes sense.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Probably a guy like Hayton who may have the perception that they need a change of scenery. Kravtsov isn’t going to be the centerpiece of a trade for a star after this so the Rangers need to find someone in a similar situation/age group/contract status to make a good dance partner. Preferably a center but there isn’t exactly a great recent history of wingers being dealt for equivalent centers value wise.
Gotcha. Well I guess, given recent comments, it would come down to which player each GM liked more and it would likely be a 1 for 1 deal. I'm inclined to believe we would not be interested but you never know.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kessel is the last player we need. No interest. Would not take him for free at a league minimum cap hit. NYR don’t need NHL caliber forwards, the roster is set which is why Kravtsov wants a trade

Reactions: bernmeister
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
they kinda do need a RW lol
no-calling.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad