Proposal: Kessel(@3.4)+Capobianco for Holl+Ritchie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The goal of this trade for me is to get Holl to pair with Chychrun. Ritchie and Capobianco are really there only to balance out contracts, cap, and roster.

Phil does NOT want to be on a last place Arizona team, intentionally tanking. They’re KILLING his contact value, headed into UFA. He’s already respectfully requested a trade. I’m sure he’d be THRILLED to go play in Toronto with all that talent. He was on 28g/82gp pace last season on a dog crap AZ team. He’s still got plenty of game and would flourish in Toronto.

As for AZ, they get Holl to pair with Chychrun. They can send Mayo back to the AHL. Timmins is out for the rest of the season and Mayo is NOT working out as a solution.

Ritchie can mercifully push Loui Eriksson out of the lineup. He’s been the worst forward on the team by a mile. Meanwhile, Galchenyuk will be off the IR soon to somewhat replace Kessel.

Reactions: banks

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
If it means he gets out of Arizona, he’d get a maple leaf tattoo on his ass as soon as he landed in Toronto. He’d be so happy to go back there.

good things there more teams in the league then Toronto lol

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
This seems like a pretty bad deal for Arizona. I would think Kessel at 50% can at least return a couple 2nds. Ritchie definitely can't and Holl has been pretty bad this year

Ehhh. I think Phil gets you what Pittsburg got for Carter. Bottom pairing Dmen who could play up in the lineup get you a 2nd or a 3rd all day long.

Richie isn't worth a box of donuts but Holl has shown he can play caddie to a good Defenseman. He should get you a 2nd in a trade even with his poor play in a small sample size.

Trade is not that far off in value.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The was Phil forced his way to Arizona says to me he doesn't care at all about winning anymore. I would wager he is more than content to play quietly in a low key market and cash his checks.
Incorrect. His best friend was the head coach in AZ. He’s since been fired. Phil is a pending UFA on a team with a sub-2.0 GF/GP avg. He absolutely NEEDS to get moved to a team real immediately if he wants a real contract next summer.

There is no question about this.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I vividly remember the Kessel era, I'm not sure he would be happy
He’s a pending UFA on a team thats 0-10 and has scored 1.27 goals per game. Look at this lineup. It’s probably the worst in NHL history:

upload_2021-11-6_7-21-54.png

He would be absolutely THRILLED to go play in Toronto, where he can score another 25 goals this season, help that team win, and earn himself a nice multi-year, multi-million, retirement contract someplace warm with low tax rates and legal gambling. If he stays in AZ this year, he’ll be signing a James Neal PTO next summer.

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He’s a pending UFA on a team thats 0-10 and has scored 1.27 goals per game. Look at this lineup. It’s probably the worst in NHL history:

View attachment 477532

He would be absolutely THRILLED to go play in Toronto, where he can score another 25 goals this season, help that team win, and earn himself a nice multi-year, multi-million, retirement contract someplace warm with low tax rates and legal gambling. If he stays in AZ this year, he’ll be signing a James Neal PTO next summer.

Couple things

1 I was unaware Stralman was still playing

2 What is a Vejmalka? is that a person? did you just throw a bunch of random letters together and say to yourself "this is now a word that exists, I invented this." is that what you did?

3 if we could clone Kessel and have a series of games between that team and the 09-10 Leafs before the Phaneuf and Giguere trades that series would be lengendary., the 2015-16 Leaf would be awesome do Vejmalka VS. Sparks would be lengendary.

4. I am less convinced Phil Kessel wouldn't come back to Toronto but I'm sure Toronto is on his NTC list.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Couple things

1 I was unaware Stralman was still playing

2 What is a Vejmalka? is that a person? did you just throw a bunch of random letters together and say to yourself "this is now a word that exists, I invented this." is that what you did?

3 if we could clone Kessel and have a series of games between that team and the 09-10 Leafs before the Phaneuf and Giguere trades that series would be lengendary., the 2015-16 Leaf would be awesome do Vejmalka VS. Sparks would be lengendary.

4. I am less convinced Phil Kessel wouldn't come back to Toronto but I'm sure Toronto is on his NTC list.
Arizona is 32nd on Phil’s list. And I promise Toronto is higher than that. He would most definitely accept a trade to Toronto. I have no doubt in my mind about that.

Vejmelka is a 25 year old, 6’3, 230lb monster of a goaltender who has a 2.60GAA on a team with a 4.00GA/GP and he has a .920SV% on a team with a .875SV%.

In other words, he’s a mofuggen stud.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
If the kings are in the playoff hunt at deadline what would the price of Ghost and Kessel ?

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I can see it from the Coyotes' perspective as this certainly will help Arizona's tanking efforts.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Incorrect. His best friend was the head coach in AZ. He’s since been fired. Phil is a pending UFA on a team with a sub-2.0 GF/GP avg. He absolutely NEEDS to get moved to a team real immediately if he wants a real contract next summer.

There is no question about this.
That doesn't change the fact he forced his way to some place he knew he was never going to compete again. Why would anyone think he wants to go to a contender now? If he was motivated then yeah toronto would be a great fit but I don't believe for a second he would put himself through that fishbowl bullshit again with two cups already.

Reactions: HabsQC

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
That doesn't change the fact he forced his way to some place he knew he was never going to compete again. Why would anyone think he wants to go to a contender now? If he was motivated then yeah toronto would be a great fit but I don't believe for a second he would put himself through that fishbowl bullshit again with two cups already.
They were in 1st place at the holiday break his first season there. They picked up Taylor Hall at the deadline. They made it to the bubble and beat Nashville. Then ran into Colorado and got smoked. They weren’t tanking when he went to Arizona.

It’s all beside the point. Toronto isn’t winning the Cup either. It has nothing to do with championships or how bad your memory it is.

The point is points. He needs to put them up or he’s going to lose millions of dollars. Playing the rest of this season in Arizona versus the rest of the season in Toronto, is a likely difference of at least 3-4 million bucks. And also giving himself destination options, rather than having to take whatever he can get from whoever will give it to him. This is a hired gun in a contract year with a ton of motivation for personal success.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
They were in 1st place at the holiday break his first season there. They picked up Taylor Hall at the deadline. They made it to the bubble and beat Nashville. Then ran into Colorado and got smoked. They weren’t tanking when he went to Arizona.

It’s all beside the point. Toronto isn’t winning the Cup either. It has nothing to do with championships or how bad your memory it is.

The point is points. He needs to put them up or he’s going to lose millions of dollars. Playing the rest of this season in Arizona versus the rest of the season in Toronto, is a likely difference of at least 3-4 million bucks. And also giving himself destination options, rather than having to take whatever he can get from whoever will give it to him. This is a hired gun in a contract year with a ton of motivation for personal success.
My memory is just fine. Nobody believed Arizona was a contender because they were in first place at some point or acquired Taylor Hall. I'm not trying to shit on Arizona so let's not turn it into that. Forcing a trade from Pittsburgh to Arizona to me signals winning isn't a priority to him anymore, if you want to believe different that is fine. He's 34 and has made almost $100m in his career already. Unless you have insider information to back up your claim he would be thrilled to go back to Toronto there's nothing that backs that up.

Reactions: HabsQC

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
My memory is just fine. Nobody believed Arizona was a contender because they were in first place at some point or acquired Taylor Hall. I'm not trying to shit on Arizona so let's not turn it into that. Forcing a trade from Pittsburgh to Arizona to me signals winning isn't a priority to him anymore, if you want to believe different that is fine. He's 34 and has made almost $100m in his career already. Unless you have insider information to back up your claim he would be thrilled to go back to Toronto there's nothing that backs that up.
You weren’t paying attention then and you aren’t recalling any better now.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
What would be the price to get Phil in Colorado at 50% retention
Ideally, I’d like a tough, reliable stay at home defenseman that can potentially play with Chychrun (meaning he can play the right side) and hopefully help out our terrible PK.

Alternatively, I’d like a tough, defensively sound, checking line center that could help our terrible FO% and possibly our terrible PK.

It you can’t spare any of that, a decent AHL prospect would be appreciated. Our AHL team was doing really good, but our crappy NHL team keeps poaching all of their decent players. So if you have any quality AHL prospects, that would be a relief to add to Tucson and get those guys some help.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Ideally, I’d like a tough, reliable stay at home defenseman that can potentially play with Chychrun (meaning he can play the right side) and hopefully help out our terrible PK.

Alternatively, I’d like a tough, defensively sound, checking line center that could help our terrible FO% and possibly our terrible PK.

It you can’t spare any of that, a decent AHL prospect would be appreciated. Our AHL team was doing really good, but our crappy NHL team keeps poaching all of their decent players. So if you have any quality AHL prospects, that would be a relief to add to Tucson and get those guys some help.

Don't have many NHL bodies to spare at the moment, unless for some ungodly reason they'd take Kurtis MacDermid off our hands, but sounds like something could be worked out around Martin Kaut - I don't think he's been as big a flop as suggested, I just don't think he's getting a lot of NHL time to prove himself and Colorado already seems ready to move on, we're giving ice time to the Jayson Megna's of the world instead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad