Proposal: Kessel(@3.4)+Capobianco for Holl+Ritchie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Don't have many NHL bodies to spare at the moment, unless for some ungodly reason they'd take Kurtis MacDermid off our hands, but sounds like something could be worked out around Martin Kaut - I don't think he's been as big a flop as suggested, I just don't think he's getting a lot of NHL time to prove himself and Colorado already seems ready to move on, we're giving ice time to the Jayson Megna's of the world instead
Justin Barron too big of an ask? Maybe AZ adds a 3rd?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Ritchie is a cap dump. So you want Arizona to eat 50% AND take on Ritchie just to get Holl?

Lol bad proposal.

Reactions: Barnaby

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011
Here's a weird question: Can we include Phil's 1.2m cap space in this deal as well? Has any player ever been traded for a portion of his own contract?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Arizona is 32nd on Phil’s list. And I promise Toronto is higher than that. He would most definitely accept a trade to Toronto. I have no doubt in my mind about that.

Vejmelka is a 25 year old, 6’3, 230lb monster of a goaltender who has a 2.60GAA on a team with a 4.00GA/GP and he has a .920SV% on a team with a .875SV%.

In other words, he’s a mofuggen stud.

How is that possible? How do you have a goalie with a 2.60 GAA, a 920% and 0 wins?

How does that happen?

That's damn near magical

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I don't think Kessel wants to play in a Canadian market again. I think all he really wants is to enjoy playing and get to 1000 points.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
The goal of this trade for me is to get Holl to pair with Chychrun. Ritchie and Capobianco are really there only to balance out contracts, cap, and roster.

Phil does NOT want to be on a last place Arizona team, intentionally tanking. They’re KILLING his contact value, headed into UFA. He’s already respectfully requested a trade. I’m sure he’d be THRILLED to go play in Toronto with all that talent. He was on 28g/82gp pace last season on a dog crap AZ team. He’s still got plenty of game and would flourish in Toronto.

As for AZ, they get Holl to pair with Chychrun. They can send Mayo back to the AHL. Timmins is out for the rest of the season and Mayo is NOT working out as a solution.

Ritchie can mercifully push Loui Eriksson out of the lineup. He’s been the worst forward on the team by a mile. Meanwhile, Galchenyuk will be off the IR soon to somewhat replace Kessel.

GIVE ME PHIL TO NYR OR BUST

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, I'd do it from a Leafs perspective. Clears Ritchie for next year, we don't need Holl and Kessel could give us a little more scoring pop.

Think Phil's fiancée is from the GTA, so I'm sure it wouldn't be the worst thing for him to come back to Toronto after all these years.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Yeah, I'd do it from a Leafs perspective. Clears Ritchie for next year, we don't need Holl and Kessel could give us a little more scoring pop.

Think Phil's fiancée is from the GTA, so I'm sure it wouldn't be the worst thing for him to come back to Toronto after all these years.
They’re expecting a child, too. So now would be a good time, while the bun is still in the oven. If her family is back there than so much the better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad