Kesler puts Detroit on a list of teams he'd like to be traded to | UPD: Kesler to ANA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
This could shape up to be a very interesting summer. I'm pretty adverse to trading any of (Sheahan, Jurco, Nyquist, Tatar, Mantha, and Mrzaek). I would however be willing to deal the 15th overall and maybe one of our highly touted D prospects + a guy like Pulu. I'd probably be ok trading Tatar for a forward upgrade but I don't know if I view Kesler as that guy. If Sharp is available I think he fits our needs a bit more than Kesler, as he is a true right handed winger, and is more of a pure goal scorer. Plus with his age, and Chi's want to add a center/ lower cap issues, he may be cheaper.

Sharp-Datsyuk-Sheahan
Franzen-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Mantha/Pulu-Weiss-Jurco
Abs-Helm-Miller
Glendenning

Is a pretty fantastic lineup, especially if Weiss returns to form at all. I'd rather go for a guy that has repeatedly succeeded as a winger than a center convert. But I guess it all depends on price sounds like Marleau, Joe T, Sharp, Kesler, Spezza, and maybe Richards could all be had this summer, which may also drive down prices a bit.

DanWingsFan

Jan 27, 2014
Quebec
No to a declining player who's already turning 30. We need stay young, unless we're talking about proven scorers in Spezza/Gaborik.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
No to a declining player who's already turning 30. We need stay young, unless we're talking about proven scorers in Spezza/Gaborik.

Kesler works harder than both of those guys and can score.

It's not like Spezza and Gabby are young either.

I'd take Kesler over Spezza any day.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012

Kesler would go all out 110% every start with the Wings too. Hometown boy would be a terrific addition and would probably revitalize his career

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Since the wings is a pretty soft team, Kesler could become a welcome additon. However Kesler didnt excatly have a great season this past season, so well, dont expect him to contribute much to the Wings offense, there is a possibilty his already over the hill (hard to tell for sure yet, maybe he bounce back).

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Does Franzen hold any value? He'd look great on Sedin's wing. Add Pulkkinen and a 2nd rounder, I think it gets it done.

Vancouver even saves 350K in the process.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

both guys can score the difference being at his absolute best kesler is a one time 75 max point player whereas spezza is a repeated max 90plus pt player putting spezza among the top 10 if not higher offensive players in the game today

kesler no matter where he goes will likely max out at or around 65pts

spezza could very easily put up 80 plus pts where he goes

give me spezza as a #2 centre anyday

crashman

This might be stating the obvious, but Holland needs to be in on Kesler if the price isn't ludicrous. We're one of 3 Eastern Conference teams on his supposed list, and I think Vacouver will definitely want to send him to the East.

I think Tampa and Pitt will (and should) have interest in him as well, and all three teams have the assets that Vancouver will want. We may not need another center, but moving Datsyuk and Zetterberg to the wing at this stage of their careers isn't a bad move, or put Kesler on the wing.

Kesler isn't washed up at 30. Yeah he's had some injuries, but he's still has plenty left.

DatsyukianDeke*

both guys can score the difference being at his absolute best kesler is a one time 75 max point player whereas spezza is a repeated max 90plus pt player putting spezza among the top 10 if not higher offensive players in the game today

kesler no matter where he goes will likely max out at or around 65pts

spezza could very easily put up 80 plus pts where he goes

give me spezza as a #2 centre anyday

I agree with this. Spezza is top 15 players who have scored the most since 2006 and there is some good names up there including our captain, and Datsyuk. Spezza is way better offensively better then Kesler, he just lacks the defensive game Kesler plays.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Does Franzen hold any value? He'd look great on Sedin's wing. Add Pulkkinen and a 2nd rounder, I think it gets it done.

Vancouver even saves 350K in the process.

He sure does. Franzen is the same age as Lecavalier.
Last 3 years:
Franzen; 172 GP - 128 points (including better production last year)
Lecavalier; 172 GP - 118 points

Contracts;
Franzen 6 years - 17.5M total owed.
Lecavalier. 4 years -16.5M total owed.

Lecavalier has apparently sparked interest and I think Franzen is more valuable. No way I would trade him straight up for Vinny.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
This might be stating the obvious, but Holland needs to be in on Kesler if the price isn't ludicrous. We're one of 3 Eastern Conference teams on his supposed list, and I think Vacouver will definitely want to send him to the East.

I think Tampa and Pitt will (and should) have interest in him as well, and all three teams have the assets that Vancouver will want. We may not need another center, but moving Datsyuk and Zetterberg to the wing at this stage of their careers isn't a bad move, or put Kesler on the wing.

Kesler isn't washed up at 30. Yeah he's had some injuries, but he's still has plenty left.

I agree, Kesler would be a good add. I don't even see Pittsburgh as a serious candidate for Kesler.... Say they trade Sutter straight up for Kes and resign Orpik at 3.75M.

Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Neal, Dupuis, Kesler
Letang, Martin, Scuderi, Orpik.
Fleury

That's 11 players at over 60M in cap space. Cap is 71M and they should leave atleast 1M cushion. That means they would have to fill 11 roster spots for 10 million. Goodbye Niskanen, goodbye Jokinen (who I think Pitts likes more than people realize) and good bye chance at signing good backup goalie.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That's 11 players at over 60M in cap space. Cap is 71M and they should leave atleast 1M cushion. That means they would have to fill 11 roster spots for 10 million. Goodbye Niskanen, goodbye Jokinen (who I think Pitts likes more than people realize) and good bye chance at signing good backup goalie.

Cap will be proably 1.5M less than 71million.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Don't know. Saw 2 articles out there this week saying it's a possibility.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/nhl-report-salary-cap-could-exceed-70-million

http://nesn.com/2014/06/report-nhl-revenue-to-hit-3-7-billion-salary-cap-could-exceed-70-million/

I was just saying, I think it's a possibility still. But who knows.

Not surprising the two most cash strapped teams for the next couple years have media outlets pushing that. Just saying....

Bettman usually says something during his state of the game. Honestly didn't pay much attention, thought it would be between 68-70.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not surprising the two most cash strapped teams for the next couple years have media outlets pushing that. Just saying....

Bettman usually says something during his state of the game. Honestly didn't pay much attention, thought it would be between 68-70.

Neither of those reporters work in those markets though...

But honestly don't feel like splitting hairs over 1 or 2 million dollars in the grand scheme of a 70 million dollar cap.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
This could shape up to be a very interesting summer. I'm pretty adverse to trading any of (Sheahan, Jurco, Nyquist, Tatar, Mantha, and Mrzaek). I would however be willing to deal the 15th overall and maybe one of our highly touted D prospects + a guy like Pulu. I'd probably be ok trading Tatar for a forward upgrade but I don't know if I view Kesler as that guy. If Sharp is available I think he fits our needs a bit more than Kesler, as he is a true right handed winger, and is more of a pure goal scorer. Plus with his age, and Chi's want to add a center/ lower cap issues, he may be cheaper.

Sharp-Datsyuk-Sheahan
Franzen-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Mantha/Pulu-Weiss-Jurco
Abs-Helm-Miller
Glendenning

Is a pretty fantastic lineup, especially if Weiss returns to form at all. I'd rather go for a guy that has repeatedly succeeded as a winger than a center convert. But I guess it all depends on price sounds like Marleau, Joe T, Sharp, Kesler, Spezza, and maybe Richards could all be had this summer, which may also drive down prices a bit.

Man If Patrick Sharp was made available He would be sweet,

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Man If Patrick Sharp was made available He would be sweet,

Next summer one of him or Seabrook likely goes bye bye with Kane/Toews/Saad extensions

But this summer I doubt they move him ,, Core was only a goal away from 3rd cup final apperance in 5 years

Would be too drastic a move and the only speculation is coming from terrible Chicago sports radio people who dont understand hockey and think his poor postseason should be reason he goes

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Next summer one of him or Seabrook likely goes bye bye with Kane/Toews/Saad extensions

But this summer I doubt they move him ,, Core was only a goal away from 3rd cup final apperance in 5 years

Would be too drastic a move and the only speculation is coming from terrible Chicago sports radio people who dont understand hockey and think his poor postseason should be reason he goes

I agree. Hawks win the cup if they beat the Kings. No point in rocking the boat. Just gotta hope the younger players are better next year.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

I would definitly be happy with either one of Sharp or Seabrook for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad