Value of: Kerfoot + Dermott

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oh Travis Dermott is available?

Hold your hands up high if you want to see Kyle Turris in the blue and white.

The funny part of Dermott is Leafs fans were saying they would trade him for Nurse a few years ago . Goes to show you never no how a prospect will turn out . Like the fans calling Puljujarvi a bust got to give them time .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If Kerfoot was on any other team you’d be trying to peddle him to Toronto for Robertson+1st, but because he’s producing on the leafs he’s worth nothing

This is a crock of crap . It was Leafs fan who were saying Nurse wouldn't even crack their top 4 a few years back . Leafs fan, some not all were saying Matthews is better than McDavid and yet he hasn't even proven to be better than Draisaitl but lets not go there . Players are not a fit with all teams . Edmonton needs a 3rd line C but I wouldn't consider Kerfoot as I want a more defensive responsible C in that spot . Before we had McD and Drai I would've considered Kerfoot to play behind RNH and at that point he would be worth more to the Oilers than he is now .

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This trade is part of something larger I’m working on, but just want to gauge some opinions on this part of the trade.

if the leafs were to trade Kerfoot + Dermott to a team like Buffalo/Arizona for only pick(s) in return, how much could we get back?

this isn’t a regular cap dump since both these players are good and are on good contracts (relative to their abilities) and only cost a combined $5 million. They also both have an additional year left on their contracts.

would Buffalo/Arizona’s own 2nd work? 2nd + 3rd? or is that too much?
What is every teams equivalent of this offer? The offer of your combined spare parts and non-value players to move them for something more.

For the Avs: This offer would be JT Compher + Kaut.

I also don’t get why Kerfoot shows up in just about every proposal if he plays such a defined and important role on TML. If would appear Kerfoot’s value is already best realized on the team he currently plays for. Why take $0.60 cents on the dollar for him?

Last edited:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I know you're probably looking for something to feel good about with your team but remember, if you're not first, you're last.
I know your probably insulting other people to feel better about yourself - but what in his response triggered you, cause it was a good point/question.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I think trading out our 3mil goalie might make more sense for us. We need the 2 guys in this trade and need to free up space for Campbell, may as well do that this year and use the space this year for rentals. My fear is the cost to dump a 3mil goalie.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kerfoot is playing excellent hockey as our 2nd line LW for only 3.5M, not moving him for picks. The narrative that he's a cap dump needs to die.
The narrative that he's a cap dump isn't really based on his on-ice performance. Pretty much everyone is a cap dump when you look at Toronto's payroll moving forward.

But when it comes to Kerfoot's perceived value, he's not exactly a guy who creates his own offense. So his contract isn't exactly enticing to a team that's going to play him in the top six with less support than he receives in Toronto.

That being said, I agree. Toronto should hold onto him. They really need to stop pissing their cap away on other things like Ritchie and Mrazek though.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
The funny part of Dermott is Leafs fans were saying they would trade him for Nurse a few years ago . Goes to show you never no how a prospect will turn out . Like the fans calling Puljujarvi a bust got to give them time .

The other funny thing is how salaries progress because given Nurses current salary I think most fans would still not trade Dermott for Nurse

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
would Buffalo/Arizona’s own 2nd work? 2nd + 3rd? or is that too much?

Seems fair to me.

I would see Buffalo do it more than Zona as they're closer to being competitive.

But like others said, maybe teams like Anaheim, NJ, Nashville (Kerfoot), etc.. would be more logical trading partners

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This is a crock of crap . It was Leafs fan who were saying Nurse wouldn't even crack their top 4 a few years back . Leafs fan, some not all were saying Matthews is better than McDavid and yet he hasn't even proven to be better than Draisaitl but lets not go there . Players are not a fit with all teams . Edmonton needs a 3rd line C but I wouldn't consider Kerfoot as I want a more defensive responsible C in that spot . Before we had McD and Drai I would've considered Kerfoot to play behind RNH and at that point he would be worth more to the Oilers than he is now .

Oilers fans, some not all were saying Klefbom is a norris defence-man, Yakupov is the next Ovechkin.

You see how that works lol, taking 1 or 2 random takes from a fan base is pointless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad