Proposal: Kaprizov to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Idea is based around Wild sending Kaprizov to LA so he can play in a big market which he may be seeking. Him holding out on Minnesota and big money is a red flag.

Trade to LA Kings

K. Kaprizov
M. Khusnutdinov

Trade to MIN Wild
Q. Byfield
2022 1st (top 3 protected. Defers to 2023 1st unprotected if they choose.)
S. Fagemo
A. Wagner

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Idea is based around Wild sending Kaprizov to LA so he can play in a big market which he may be seeking. Him holding out on Minnesota and big money is a red flag.

Trade to LA Kings

K. Kaprizov
M. Khusnutdinov

Trade to MIN Wild
Q. Byfield
2022 1st (top 3 protected. Defers to 2023 1st unprotected if they choose.)
S. Fagemo
A. Wagner

First of all, you don't get to protect picks when acquiring a player of Kaprizov's caliber. Secondly, you don't add a winger of that caliber to their top six without taking one back to make room. Third, Minnesota suddenly has Byfield, Rossi, and Eriksson Ek at center. Really need to move their best player for a C?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Someone who missed the other thread and wants to watch the world burn?

Awesome player, wrong time for the Kings. Not giving up Byfield for Kaprizov--even if "worth it' in a vacuum, it's not worth it to the Kings current situation. The other parts are just fluff for balance but ultimately meaningless, let's be real.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
First of all, you don't get to protect picks when acquiring a player of Kaprizov's caliber. Secondly, you don't add a winger of that caliber to their top six without taking one back to make room. Third, Minnesota suddenly has Byfield, Rossi, and Eriksson Ek at center. Really need to move their best player for a C?

Ek is a second line center, Rossi played 1 game last season. Of course you trade a winger despite the caliber if you have the chance to land a potential superstar center. Wingers are the least important position in hockey, centers are the most important. You build a team with elite centers, good puckmoving defencemen and a decent goalie and you patch up the wings with whatever is left. Pretty much the only constant in stanley cup winning teams is the center depth and quality.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Ek is a second line center, Rossi played 1 game last season. Of course you trade a winger despite the caliber if you have the chance to land a potential superstar center. Wingers are the least important position in hockey, centers are the most important. You build a team with elite centers, good puckmoving defencemen and a decent goalie and you patch up the wings with whatever is left. Pretty much the only constant in stanley cup winning teams is the center depth and quality.
Sure but the Wild need a C so badly they trade their best player in years to try to get one another team doesn't want to trade and have no reason to trade? Kings have Kaliyev anyway.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Looks like Keppel want to cut off the Russian supply chain there: Wild's most exciting player and top 3 prospect in Khusnutdinov in one fell swoop. Don't know dingus about Byfield, but I'd rather the Wild found a way to keep these Russians around St. Paul.

Reactions: MNRube

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Kaprizov doesn’t land Byfield alone, much less the additional pieces.

Swap Q for Kupari or Villardi and there is basis for conversation, although I don’t believe this trade is well timed for either side.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Neither of Kings prospects have shown anything at NHL level. I wouldn't touch any of them with a 10 foot pole right now.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Neither of Kings prospects have shown anything at NHL level. I wouldn't touch any of them with a 10 foot pole right now.

Neither? I'm curious whom are you referring to. I'm going to assume Byfield is one as he was part of OP's trade suggestion: He has played 6 NHL games. Fagemo has played none.

10 foot pole, huh. You'd be the only one of 32 real world GMs that wouldn't want either of them.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Lol Byfield has more value than Kaprizov. He's 5 years younger, 8 inches taller, plays center, and still has ELC years to go through.
LA has no need for Kaprizov with their plethora of young forwards. They'd be smarter to build around what they have.
Also LA has no need for problem of signing Kaprizov

Reactions: Guitpik

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Lol Byfield has more value than Kaprizov. He's 5 years younger, 8 inches taller, plays center, and still has ELC years to go through.
LA has no need for Kaprizov with their plethora of young forwards. They'd be smarter to build around what they have.
I get what you’re saying but how does height make a person more valuable? Not valid anymore in today’s game.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
I get what you’re saying but how does height make a person more valuable? Not valid anymore in today’s game.
height=reach , tell me if your battling in the corner and the puck slides out of reach and one guy has the reach to get it and one guy doesnt .. and i guess if that doesn't bother you i guess its not valid

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Kaprizov doesn’t land Byfield alone, much less the additional pieces.

Swap Q for Kupari or Villardi and there is basis for conversation, although I don’t believe this trade is well timed for either side.
Do you actually think it makes sense for Minnesota to trade Kaprizov for a package around Kupari or Vilardi?

If they’re trading Kaprizov, they need an elite young centre. It doesn’t make sense for LA to trade Byfield, so there’s no conversation. Kupari or Vilardi don’t warrant conversation.

I like Vilardi a lot by the way. He’s just not on Kaprizov’s level.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
lotta issues here
LA not moving Byfield, Wild not adding MK

more realistic may be LA sending 2 blue chip F's not named Byfield (Vilardi, Turcotte, Kupari, etc) as main components of package, for a return where KK is main part of return package

Reactions: ricardfromage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad