Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Did he look as good as the box score indicates?

Edit: and how did pp2 get a goal? Was it in pp garbage time or was top unit out right before pp and needed a break?

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Amazing what playing with probably our most underrated player in Fil can do.
He literally can't do shit with any other center but I'm fine with them forming this kind of chemistry

Mika has blown when not playing on the pp, brodz/bonino/Wennberg were offensive black holes.

It’s not like we’ve seen him play with another stud C, ever.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Mika has blown when not playing on the pp, brodz/bonino/Wennberg were offensive black holes.

It’s not like we’ve seen him play with another stud C, ever.
Mika has blown on the PP too

Did he look as good as the box score indicates?

Edit: and how did pp2 get a goal? Was it in pp garbage time or was top unit out right before pp and needed a break?
PP1 miraculously got off after about a minute or so

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
It would be just our luck if Kakko broke out at the exact point we can't afford him, wouldn't it?

C'est la vie. This year is an all-or-nothing year in my eyes.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
This is Kakko finally playing with some confidence. He’s decisive. He’s bulling to the tough areas. He’s pushing back, and looks stronger than almost every dman he engages with. The most visible difference is going to be in his offensive stats. I really believe he hits 50pts. And could even hit 60 if this line continues to play like this and get minutes, or he sees significant pp time (which is less likely). 50-60 points won’t get him a monster contract, but he will be a monster 2 way, 200 foot player. An excellent value.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Gotta give the coaches some credit. They clearly had a plan for him. He can still help cycle and maintain possession but he will also be a net front presence. If that video tells us anything, he's a more physical Kreider but without the scoring touch.
Kakko has great hands, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets much better at that in time.
He does need to work on other parts of his game but Kakko as net front can easily work.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Gotta give the coaches some credit. They clearly had a plan for him. He can still help cycle and maintain possession but he will also be a net front presence. If that video tells us anything, he's a more physical Kreider but without the scoring touch.
I think CK lowered the physicality in his game for a few reasons over the years as he aged but when he actually decides to be physical he is probably the strongest guy on this team.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
Hopefully he keeps up the aggressive play. I still think Fil and Will are the primary drivers on that line. I am not sure Kakko does this well on another line. However, it also may be just the thing that gets him going as a significant player. We will see how this progresses over the season, but his growing mean streak is a good thing.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
If Kakko plays like he did last night for 60% of the games this year he will score 40 pts easily at 5v5. Forget the point totals, just be that engaged and the points will come.

Then it will be up to Drury to figure out a way to fit all these guys in under the Cap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad