GDT: (k)rakening

baconandbread

Oct 30, 2019
The funny thing is that at as the Canes, we have a perfectly decent winning record against them at home, even with all the bad years. .560 Points %. On the road, though? .395 P%. GM Place/Rogers just ain't friendly to us. Probably just due to the grind of the yearly west coast trip.

Edit: Hey, Vancouver ain't the worst, at least as the Canes. It's the Flames, Avs, and MSG. Canucks at #6.
Oh ya, I've witnessed the Canes losing twice in person at Rogers when I used to go to Vancouver frequently. The grind of the west coast trip is real

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

This seems good

I try to be muted in my praise of the Canes front office, though I genuinely think that it's a top-5 or maybe even a top-3 group (with the Panthers and the Golden Knights brass ahead of them, for now)...but man, if they make it out of an offseason widely thought to be a bloodbath by the majority of pundits out there and successfully stay as good of a regular season team as they were before the departures, a lot of people will call this offseason our Picasso moment in a few years.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I try to be muted in my praise of the Canes front office, though I genuinely think that it's a top-5 or maybe even a top-3 group (with the Panthers and the Golden Knights brass ahead of them, for now)...but man, if they make it out of an offseason widely thought to be a bloodbath by the majority of pundits out there and successfully stay as good of a regular season team as they were before the departures, a lot of people will call this offseason our Picasso moment in a few years.
It looks like we replaced better players with better fits. It has been a good start, now we see how long this lasts.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Man if we hadn't given up 4 goals on 5 shots in the 2nd vs Blue we could really be coming of the West Coast road swing on a heater. Glad to see the boys got a W! I only got to watch the first and part of the second. Our finishing can still be incredibly frustrating to watch (9.4% overall, 8.1% removing ENGs), but limiting chances and getting the goaltending we need has been effective enough for the most part so far

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Another win, nice!
The critical thing is the guys need too many chances to Score a goal and a finisher is missing.
Nevertheless I Like the way how Canes Play and dominate the Game. Critical Point was just After 1:2 and They could Not Score in the 4 Minute PP.
Small sample, but Carolina's PP is currently 7th best in the NHL. Last season (not small sample size), it was 2nd best in the NHL.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Translation

kelso eye.gif

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Man, I know I’m probably worried about nothing, but I feel like this game might have a lasting effect down the line. Slavin taking that shot to the head after the whistle worries me. Jarvis apparently going blind in one eye (even temporarily) is terrifying.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Man, I know I’m probably worried about nothing, but I feel like this game might have a lasting effect down the line. Slavin taking that shot to the head after the whistle worries me. Jarvis apparently going blind in one eye (even temporarily) is terrifying.
Probably bc I was half asleep...when did Slavin get hit in the head?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Probably bc I was half asleep...when did Slavin get hit in the head?

I wanna say mid 3rd period? Puck was wrapped around the boards, knocked down by a Kraken player with a high stick. Slavin sees that, tried to signal to the official it's a high stick, whistle blows, half a second later, puck is shot on net and hits Slavin in the head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad