Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
To be fair yes Matheson should be passing more often to Slaf

but

Slaf still needs to improve his positioning - often times he is standing way to deep behind a player (it may not look like that from up where the camera guy stands)

I am looking forward to the WC if he plays for Team Slovakia and how he looks on a powerplay with a different players.

Last edited:

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I am not so surprised that Slaf is doing well at 5on5. His strength and reach is useful in that phase of the game.

What is a little more surprising to me is that he contributed positively to the PP (even if it's not perfect yet) as his strength and size isn't much of a factor in that phase of the game. It means that his skills are sufficient at 19 to be on PP1. That's some impressive stuff.

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
He looks like a different player from beginning of the year/last year. It’s amazing what a little confidence does. My main argument in these threads had been if you aren’t going to give him reps in the NHL to build up his game and confidence, he shouldn’t be on the team at all. It does not surprise me when he started getting real top 6 opportunities that he started to get rolling.
The bold part: That is the point of contention here in this thread.
There are many people here that recognized from the beginning Slaf is good and he would take off once more ice time is given to him.
... and there were many people here who did not see that for whatever reason and argued their point of view.
This is all good, natural.

Reactions: Pomee

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
With Monahan likely gone in a month it is as good a time as any to let Slaf learn from the team’s only other brainy centre. After Monahan’s gone it’s going be a sad state down the middle

Reactions: Egresch and Fenris

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
With Monahan likely gone in a month it is as good a time as any to let Slaf learn from the team’s only other brainy centre. After Monahan’s gone it’s going be a sad state down the middle
I mean they will just put him back with Nick and Cole. It's going to be Newhook who will say "nahh I'll just sit out for the rest of the year" when he sees that he's going to play with Pearson and Anderson.

• Haha
Reactions: Pomee

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I mean they will just put him back with Nick and Cole. It's going to be Newhook who will say "nahh I'll just sit out for the rest of the year" when he sees that he's going to play with Pearson and Anderson.
Pearson is gone too for sure, even if it's for a 6th

Reactions: Tyson

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
What I like most about Slaf's last couple of games on the 2nd line is that he's showing that he can be the same driving force away from Suzuki and Cole. Great sign
This is an initial sign Habs can build around him. ;)

Bigger and fast and skilled is always better than smaller and fast and skilled.
You can teach, coach and develop speed and skill.
... but you cannot teach/coach size.

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
Could also be that Slaf is much better than those guy's, devlopment staffs can help but can not do miracles
Very good point, it's not that simple, almost impossible to turn a guy into a good hockey player in such a short time.
It is becoming more apparent that Slaf had all the tools and skills and it is just adjustments in his head to use them properly on the smaller rink.
That's where coaching can help, big time!

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Nobody will want him, the guy sucks and has a high cap hit even at 50%
Teams love vets at deadline.

If he had not been injured, he could have fetched a little more. But the injury and his play lately has definitely brought down whatever we could have had for him. One way or another isn't a problem, but it would be a nice gesture to give him a chance to go to a playoff contending team.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
1uTaMdx.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad