Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
With the way they did it, I would say Slafkovsky was an exception, not the rule.
True, still props on them for recognizing this situation as an exception.

Bergevin would have definitely caved to the pressure and sent him down to the A

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
There is no doubt now that the Habs made the best pick at #1. Players that big and that skilled are a rare commodity
We are watching it unfold right in front of us................the OT chance almost won the game.
He has been very good since his promotion to the top line, and now is a driver of the second line and was feeding Money last night chance after chance.....

Great to see guys..................

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Slaf is lowkey having one of the best development curves we've seen in a long while for one of our young forwards. Guys like Chuck and Gally didn't improve that much from their first season on, Caufield and Suzuki were pretty much what they were from the get-go, the production just took some time to come ( and a new head coach in CC's case) . I don't know if it's all thanks to Adam Nicolas and Co., but it's an impressive result IMO. It's why you have a staff focus on developing tools.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Slaf is lowkey having one of the best development curves we've seen in a long while for one of our young forwards. Guys like Chuck and Gally didn't improve that much from their first season on, Caufield and Suzuki were pretty much what they were from the get-go, the production just took some time to come ( and a new head coach in CC's case) . I don't know if it's all thanks to Adam Nicolas and Co., but it's an impressive result IMO. It's why you have a staff focus on developing tools.

Could also be that Slaf is much better than those guy's, devlopment staffs can help but can not do miracles

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's strange how different people can see things so polar opposite. I always thought his IQ was good and sometimes looked elite. Now it almost always looks elite.

To all of you saying this thread is too positive. WT ever loving F? :huh: What's there to complain about? Does it suck to have a 19 year old uber-skilled 240lb winger?? :laugh:
I don't think people were wrong last season questioning his play making ability he rarely demonstrated it. With regards to his IQ there were times where you could tell he saw the ice well others not so much. For me it all boiled down to getting the time in on NA ice. Even though his season was cut short he and the staff knew exactly what was critical to work on over the summer. Peripheral vision reaction time and stamina.

Reactions: LesCanadiens

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Oh sure, you need to have the tools to begin with. Still, he was so damn raw as a rookie, I really do think it's impressive.

It is but not surprising to me, las season was his first and he was only 18, when i saw him perform in the WHC prior to the draft i knew this guy was the real deal

Reactions: Pomee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
In 2 months we've genuinely gone from "we need Slaf to play with Suzuki and Caufield so he can produce to "we need Slaf to help showcase Monahan", it rules
He was demoted because he was struggling you know. The great news is it didn't affect his confidence. For me it's no coincidence our PP1 has improved since he became a fixture. Suzuki has to use him more on zone entry and eventually that will free up the other side. Matheson has to use him far more often
also and not just for the shot but to vary our attack point. I can't wait until we get Dach back we can start using five forwards at one point. :naughty:

Reactions: Pomee

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
He's starting to look like a top line winger. It feels like when things go his way he'll have a couple monster seasons in regards to how he impacts the game. I'm eating crow on this pick, he's turning into a favourite player on the habs.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
He's starting to look like a top line winger. It feels like when things go his way he'll have a couple monster seasons in regards to how he impacts the game. I'm eating crow on this pick, he's turning into a favourite player on the habs.
Feel comforted in the knowledge that many of us have feasted on a similar diet with respect to a number of other notable prospects over the years.

Reactions: cphabs

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
When was the last time a 19 year old kid was this physically dominant in the NHL? Eric Lindros?

He is a freak athlete but his ability to finish is terrible, otherwise he'd have twice as many goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad