NESN Judd Sirott named new voice of the Bruins

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Judd is sticking to the action and letting Brick, who is an insightful color commentator, breath.

No dumb repetitive, self serving, corny comments. I get some people liked it. I found it extremely unprofessional.

I for one see the broadcast as a big improvement.(no indictment of Jack as a human, I'm sure he's a fine chap and loves his Bruins)
Yep, Judd is doing just like he did on the radio which was always easy to listen to. Just talk about the game and tell us what’s happening

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Only two games in, and I can't stand him already.

If you are a professional announcer, one of your primary skills must be clear diction. Judd's diction is appalling.

If he says "Lin-holm" one more time I will scream and we have two of them. It's LinDholm, idiot. Here are some of his other obvious ones, "killin,'" "inner the zone," and "back in" versus "back end." He also has trouble with "penalty," "send," and "sent."

Maybe he can spend next summer taking diction lessons.

The good thing with Center Ice is that you have a choice of home or visitor broadcasts. I can always flip to NESN between periods and after the game.

No offense to Razor, but I don't like the new feature of having his during-game commentary. It's not him I don't like, it's the feature.

• Wow
Reactions: Mad-Marcus

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
The first Pasta pun was funny. The second one was a bit redundant. If he drops a third I'll be annoyed.

He is very professional and easy to listen to, but I miss Jack's enthusiasm. It seemed like every game was Xmas morning to him.

Reactions: Si Hopkins

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
As a lifelong out of market B's fan that only cares about hockey and absolutely loved Jack's passion and commitment (but completely understood how he could get on peoples nerves but kinda found it funny more often than not anyhow...) I had no idea who Judd was until he got the gig, I think he is doing fine. I always enjoy Brick's insight into the game and I feel that he is getting a little more space to chime in now, and that is no dig on Jack.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Was already very familiar with Judd from the radio, so this has been an easy transition for me. Think he's doing fine on TV, probably even slightly better already than his radio call. Not an amazing, top tier commentator, but solid. Calls the play professionally without overwhelming it, little bit of warmth and humor, gives Brick space to do his thing. That's quite enough for me. No complaints.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Goal call still sucks, but at least he gave us one game before breaking out the "He scooooooooooooores". Otherwise, a refreshing change from the buffoonery of the past.

Reactions: Mad-Marcus

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Buffoonery is exactly what the problem was. I'll take Sirott's (U of Michigan grad, can't be that ignorant) diction quirks over Jack's childish ranting and trite sayings any day and every day.
This broadcast is fresh air compared to the what we had over the last 2 or 3 years.
I sincerely have sympathy for his medical issues, but when I can't do my job as I should, I'll get replaced as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad