NESN Judd Sirott named new voice of the Bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
How was that? I'm a bit lost by this comment.
the point being you're not as anonymous as you would be on the radio side as compared to what NESN does, even though all of them have traveled together for the last 7..... not everybodt listens to the radiocast if we've got NESN ON TUNE

Reactions: Gordoff

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
the only question will be how will Sirott handle the opposition scoring on the B's as compared to how Jack did
Jack got excited when the opposing team scored because it was a big play in the game. I know that rubbed quite a few Bruins fans the wrong way, even though Jack's broadcast was certainly done from a Bruins perspective.

I'll say this as a broadcaster, but also someone who is a student of the profession, peelingback the curtain a bit. We all have our own styles, but over the years, I've had a bit of a "ticked off" goal call for opposing goals. A fellow broadcaster who is one of, IMO, the top voices in the NHL told me "even if it's not your team, a goal is a big part of the game and you have to punch it up." I certainly don't show excitement when the other team scores, but I try to at least let the voice rise a little bit (even if you can hear a little bit of disgust in the tone).

I've listened to Judd & Bob for a long time on the radio (and, when it comes to Judd, even longer as I'm also a Cubs fan and listened to their games when he was part of their radio crew) and Judd will be very professional with opposing goals as he is with his entire call. He'll transfer well to television, and it's especially so as Bruins fans already know him well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad