Value of: JT Miller to New Jersey Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
A RHD (especially for the top 4) is the most pressing need. Trading Miller (or Horvat - or anyone else) needs to address this reality. If it doesn't, don't bother making a proposal involving the Canucks. Period.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
What would Vancouver be looking for from NJ in exchange for JT Miller?

My initial offer from NJ would be -
Janne Kuokkanen
2022 2nd round pick
Graeme Clarke
Reilly Walsh

As a Canuck fan I appreciate your inquiry, but none of what you offered is remotely interesting from my point of view. They all seem to be possible NHL players, if the Devils want JT it is going to cost them something good. Devils have plenty of assets that are better than what you offered in your original proposal.

Pieces of interest after a quick glance are: Severson, Wood, Zacha, Bahl, 2023 1st round pick. I would take Subban back with retention if you took Myers or Poolman...unlikely I know, but for not being a fan of his Myers has been decent this year all things considered

Reactions: Muffinalt

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
A RHD (especially for the top 4) is the most pressing need. Trading Miller (or Horvat - or anyone else) needs to address this reality. If it doesn't, don't bother making a proposal involving the Canucks. Period.

I thought Benning UFA acquisition of Tucker Poolman and Tyler Myers from the Winnipeg Jets UFA’s……( @ a cost of 8.5 million for the pair per year).

Stop over paying ( almost double what other teams would pay) for Winnipeg Jet retreads for defence help.

on the good news those players are only on the books for 2 (Myers)and 3 (Poolman) more seasons after this current season!

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
What would Vancouver be looking for from NJ in exchange for JT Miller?

My initial offer from NJ would be -
Janne Kuokkanen
2022 2nd round pick
Graeme Clarke
Reilly Walsh
Classic I want a quality top line player but I don’t want to give anything back of vale up. Combining 4-5 scrap pieces isn’t enough

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
I thought Benning UFA acquisition of Tucker Poolman and Tyler Myers from the Winnipeg Jets UFA’s……( @ a cost of 8.5 million for the pair per year).

Stop over paying ( almost double what other teams would pay) for Winnipeg Jet retreads for defence help.

on the good news those players are only on the books for 2 (Myers)and 3 (Poolman) more seasons after this current season!

[shrugs]
Dunk on Benning all you want.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
PSA:

The reason I said "my initial offer" was because that is how trade talks generally go - you offer something lower, they come back with something higher, then you meet in middle.

I see Severson and a 1st rounder coming back as responses.

That to me means one of those assets would be a must.

How about:
Janne Kuokkanen
2022 OR 2023 1st rounder (Top 2 protected)
Subban 50% retained OR Reilly Walsh

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
PSA:

The reason I said "my initial offer" was because that is how trade talks generally go - you offer something lower, they come back with something higher, then you meet in middle.

How about:
Janne Kuokkanen

Adding lesser pieces like Subban isn't going to get it done

Something like

Severson
Kuokkanen
2022 2nd
for
Miller

would be a lot closer, but probably still not enough

Last edited:

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
PSA:

How about:
Janne Kuokkanen

lol you offered garbage. if you actually made that offer as nj the canucks would block your number. Your offer clearly screams I am not actually serious in getting this player. When starting trade talks for a ppg winger you should at least offer one good piece than a bunch of garbage.

I wish my team could get a ppg winger for a 3rd liner, a 2nd and some b/c prospects.

Not to mention your second counter would never get accepted either.

Teams will easily offer 1st+ good prospects for 1 and half year of miller. no reason to take cap dumps or meh prospects.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
As a Canuck fan I appreciate your inquiry, but none of what you offered is remotely interesting from my point of view. They all seem to be possible NHL players, if the Devils want JT it is going to cost them something good. Devils have plenty of assets that are better than what you offered in your original proposal.

Pieces of interest after a quick glance are: Severson, Wood, Zacha, Bahl, 2023 1st round pick. I would take Subban back with retention if you took Myers or Poolman...unlikely I know, but for not being a fan of his Myers has been decent this year all things considered
I would think Sevs would be the player the Canucks may have some interest in. As an FYI, Wood may be out the entire year so I doubt he has much trade value at this point.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
PSA:

How about:
Janne Kuokkanen

that’s how trades work if you make a somewhat reasonable offer. That’s not how trades work if you’re throwing out the crap you are. Your offers tell the other gm you’re not seriously interested in the player and that they’d be waisting their time negotiating with you as a deal is highly unlikely to be reached.

the response a gm would give you is I appreciate you’re offer but that’s not the kind of package we are looking for and then click you get hung up on

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
PSA:

How about:
Janne Kuokkanen

So you get flamed (and rightfully so) for a shitty proposal and you proceed to double down and comeback with this garbage post?

You shouldn’t have even bothered in the first place, because you were clearly never serious about having any type of reasonable discourse.

What a waste of time.

Reactions: Canuck Luck

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Luke Hughes and two 2nd round picks (or protected top ten 1st) for Miller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad