Proposal: JT Miller to Carolina

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
With Paciorety going on LTIR it opens up a big hole in Carolina's lineup

To Carolina : JT Miller

To Vancouver: Martin Necas, Jack Drury, 2023 1st
Vancouver fans have an unrealistic opinion of Millers rental value. His value peaked at the recent trade deadline. Now he’s just a rental. A low first + B prospect. Like Giroux.

99 point center in his prime btw..
So resign him then.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I think VAN might regret not dealing him last year at the deadline where he would have fetched a massive haul. You look at the names available this year as rentals at the deadline, as well as the strength of the draft and possible reluctance of middling teams to give up a 16-24 pick for an outside shot at a run and I think the return for Miller will be tempered a bit.

I think there will be more sellers than buyers this year. That will hinder the market.

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
With Paciorety going on LTIR it opens up a big hole in Carolina's lineup

To Carolina : JT Miller

To Vancouver: Martin Necas, Jack Drury, 2023 1st
This season was an abnormality for Miller. He's a great player who's 29. Scores 30 once in his career and he's worth the farm?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Honestly if miller starts this year the way he played last year he may be worth this much after 15 games but I think some people think this was a 1 year thing and that he's usually gonna be just an 80ish point guy.

But he did outscore the next canuck by 31 Points which is pretty amazing. Means he was absolutely carrying everyone else.

If he was in a sign and trade then he's probably worth that now

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
No chance they move one of those assets for Miller, much less all 3.

Go back to lala-land
Yeah it is an overpayment and probably unrealistic. But the fact that you think Jack Drury and/or the 2023 first wouldn't be traded for Miller is worse than the trade proposal. I think you should go back to lala-land with the op.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Yeah it is an overpayment. But the fact that you think Jack Drury and/or the 2023 first wouldn't be traded for Miller is worse than the trade proposal. I think you should go back to lala-land with the op.

The Canes flat out said no to trading their 2023 1st for rentals this past deadline. It won’t be different now.

They love Drury. He’s improved every year since turning pro and he’s on an ELC for the next 2yrs.

I very much stand by my statement. No chance they’d deal either Drury or their first for a rental.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
So resign him then.
I know you’re just trolling around, but I’m going to explain this to you anyways because the number of times we’ve heard this in a hard cap league is just getting embarrassing at this point.

All indication from management is that they want to re-sign him, but JT has rightfully earned a massive raise. We likely just can’t afford him at what he wants, and he also puts a cap on our competitive window, ending right when Hughes, Lekk, Podz, Petey, Demko look for new deals and enter their primes. It’s a perfect case of right player, wrong time for our team, which is why it’s such a big and drawn out decision for our team. It’s not like the NHL is a “sign good player now” league, that’s how you turn into a team like Philly (no offence).

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I know you’re just trolling around, but I’m going to explain this to you anyways because the number of times we’ve heard this in a hard cap league is just getting embarrassing at this point.

All indication from management is that they want to re-sign him, but JT has rightfully earned a massive raise. We likely just can’t afford him at what he wants, and he also puts a cap on our competitive window, ending right when Hughes, Lekk, Podz, Petey, Demko look for new deals and enter their primes. It’s a perfect case of right player, wrong time for our team, which is why it’s such a big and drawn out decision for our team. It’s not like the NHL is a “sign good player now” league, that’s how you turn into a team like Philly (no offence).
Canes aren’t in a position to trade for a player that will be due a massive raise. In the next 2-3 years basically the entire core outside of Svech (and kotkaniemi to a much lesser extent) will need to be re-signed and given raises.

Aho, TT, Necas, Slavin, Pesce, Skjei, Jarvis

Spending like $8mil + on Miller isn’t really an option and we’re not giving up anything close to that package in the OP for a rental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad